TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

If you were WWE Home Video

If I were WWE, I would think they'll put Foley-HHH Hell In A Cell from No Way Out 2000 and the Foley tribute video on the Bad Blood DVD. I mean you put Foley on the card to try to get some heat, why not put more of him into the DVD, because I don't think Bad Blood will be flying off the shelves. (Especially after the upcoming Steiner Flop edit!)

That sounds like a good idea....and i would also put some of Jericho's promos on Goldberg while in WCW in there as well so the marks could know what the hell Chris was talking about.

Guest Youth N Asia

They might as well squash their VHS market. After 2001 they put all their ppvs on EP speed and the tapes look like shit.

They should make all of the ppvs on DVD 2 disks, just give a ton of extras. I'd buy more.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

They should add wrestler commentary to PPV matches on "special dvds" (ala 619, Hulk Rulz, etc) since a big reason as to why they don't include recent PPV matches on the DVD's is because they don't want overlapping matches. Wrestler commentary would be an added distinction.

Guest BoboBrazil

Best of Ric Flair dvd featuring 4 dvds, 30 matches, and like his top 10 promos ever all chosen by Flair himself. Also a 30 minute featurette looking back on the history of the Horsemen.

Match commentaries from guys who can pull it off. WMXV had Rock/Austin. WMXVI had Jericho/Angle/Benoit. If they could get some intelligent guys to come out of character to commentate on the big matches, like Angle and Rey Rey, they'd add some interest.

Guest OnlyMe

Basically, they should include some matches / interviews etc from Raw / SD! to give some sort of context to the PPV.

Like for Bad Blood, they could include Foley's return, and some of the other matches that built up to it.

Maybe throw in a classic match or two, as well.

Shit, why don't they do what Colussium Video were doing in the early 90s and release a load of themed DVDs - "WWE's bloodiest matches" , "History of the WWE title" etc etc

Guest HellSpawn
They should come out with Jericho, Benoit, RVD and Eddy DVDs. NOW.

I made a comment about a Jericho DVD a few weeks ago in another thread, it was about what to include in that DVD...

He lost ALL his feuds in the WWF/E, or at least the best ones.

So, how can you include a Benoit - Jericho matches while Jericho lost Backlash (or was JD?) and Summerslam 2000. Maybe they can include Rumble 2001 and NWO 2001 too (vs Benoit,eddie and *gasp* X-pac).

Vs. HHH... Well, good matches, but he lost ALL, the only one he win... *IT NEVER HAPPENED*

Angle? He lost too.

Rock? OK, he beat him, but YOU cant use both Championship matches of Vengeance, because you will hurt Vengeance sales, but, you can use both No Mercy and Rumble 2002 matches. With the Amazing Im Not a Joke promo.

Chyna? please... :huh:

Maybe a whole set of Jericho vs Stephanie promos.

Now about an RVD DVD...

This could be good. And it would be cheap, you just use ONE RVD match, Use several angles, and that way you can trick his whole fanbase. 'cause you know, he wrestle the same match always. J/K

Guest C-Bacon

Hmmm the question with commentaries is should they be totally kayfabe of shoot? Because 90% of the owners will be marks and they want to keep the realistic 'mystique' behind the shows. I'd be all for the shoot commentaries, but i dont see it happening for the same reason they dont show behing the scenes of the agents going over the matches as extras.

Guest treble charged

I want a Monday Night Wars DVD soooooooooo bad, but I doubt that would be feasible now, with all the blurring that would be nescessary.

Guest bravesfan
Best of Ric Flair dvd featuring 4 dvds, 30 matches, and like his top 10 promos ever all chosen by Flair himself. Also a 30 minute featurette looking back on the history of the Horsemen.

For 44.99!