TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpww7

Sean O Haire and Eddie Guerrero alliance?

Guest Choken One

AS's HATRED for SOH is almost as scary as his devotion to Angle...

I've never seen anyone outside of the usual suspects (H, Nash, Hogan, Test) get this much hate from one guy.

Guest Anglesault

I've never see so much love for a guy for no apparent reason.

Guest Choken One

Where do you see the Benoit-ish love? Pretty every one has admitted he sucks since he was wweized...

Guest Anglesault

Personally, I don't think he was ever really any good.

And you SOH marks pop up all the time defending his total inability to do anything well.

Guest Choken One

I'm a mark for the Character plain and simple...

and he was pretty damn solid for a 6'7 22 year old Power Plant (which was worse then OVW) grad thrust into the spotlight whom was WCWs bightest new star for about the last 20 seconds of breath...He moved very good and looked like Scott Steiner of old...and then OVW preceded to make SOH into steiner but not the good steiner.

Guest Zack Malibu

Amen to what Choken just said about WWE corrupting O'Haire.

Part of the mystique of the guy was the fact that in WCW, you had this huge, jacked up, freakish guy who could bust out springboard clotheslines, flying spin kicks, swanton bombs at any point. Part of his aura came from the fact that he was so intimidating, yet flew around the ring so freely. The kid will never be confused with Jushin Liger, but he was impressive enough that he warranted consideration for a NEW main event star had Bischoff bought WCW...a breath of fresh air from the fading Steiner/Page/Booker/Jarrett main event scene.

Now, in WWE, they've pulled at that is special about him away. They've given him a good character which, sorry AS, I feel he plays off very well. His character is not the problem, but his "hossification" so to speak. God Forbid the WWE did something different and had guys not named Rey, Tajiri, Eddie, busting out springboards and sentons, they might actually spark some fan interest in somebody new.

He's also not homegrown. Keith himself has even said that O'Haire's demotion to OVW and being told to work WWE style was partly a fuck you to Bischoff for wanting to make the kid into something. Gotta love that McMahon, where petty spite wins over the benefit of his company every time.

Guest Anglesault

Which he sucks at.

and he was pretty damn solid for

He was watchable as part of a tag team. In no way justifies the "OMG OMG OMG OMG It's Sean O'Haire! PUSH HIM TO THE MOON OMG OMG" reaction he got.

He moved very good and looked like Scott Steiner of old

Albert can move and looks like old time Vader (to some) he in't very good.

Guest Anglesault
Part of the mystique of the guy was the fact that in WCW, you had this huge, jacked up, freakish guy who could bust out springboard clotheslines, flying spin kicks, swanton bombs at any point.

ooh?

This reminds m of he "Kane is so good 'cause he can do a Hurricanrana!" debate.

They've given him a good character which, sorry AS, I feel he plays off very well

Which is why they won't let him do it anymore.

It BOMBED because his delivery was shaky and he showed a total lack of ability to improv or adlib while it was bombing. Watch the Spanky segment.

Guest Choken One

AS is hating just for the sake of hating, It's his gimmick after-all.

SOH was a very solid performer that stood out from a large crowd of influx kids at once, standing above Jindrak, Palumbo, Sanders and whoever else was in that group.

While only Palumbo seemed to have made himself work in the WWE bastardization way as no matter how much WWEizing they do; Palumbo still hits one of the best punches in the business...and had a MAJOR gimmick that got major attention (for all the wrong reasons, mind you).

Guest Goodear

Sean stood out because he had a good look and did some flashy stuff, but Palumbo was clearly carrying the meat of the matches in retrospect. It's simply a whole lot easier to look impressive if all you have to do is jump in and hit some spots before you tag back out.

Anyway, how you can say AS is hating for the sake of hating seems like an odd defense when O'Haire clearly isn't cutting the mustard in anyway. Hell, I get more out of a Test match since he can at least hit two moves well, which is more than O'Haire has proven he can do.

Guest Choken One

I never said he WAS cutting the mustard but that he has merely become the by-product of the Hossification of OVW.

That he was actually a incredible prospect at one point...WCW had a guy that was over enough to be put in the main event just in 3 months (he was *THAT* hot) before it died and all...

But SOH was Lesnar before Lesnar existed.

Not completely similar but in some ways they were each big PowerPlant/OVW home bred talent they got brought up in a big angle and pushed rapidally as heels but the fans forced the turn.

Guest nl5xsk1

Which he sucks at.

and he was pretty damn solid for

He was watchable as part of a tag team. In no way justifies the "OMG OMG OMG OMG It's Sean O'Haire! PUSH HIM TO THE MOON OMG OMG" reaction he got.

He moved very good and looked like Scott Steiner of old

Albert can move and looks like old time Vader (to some) he in't very good.

It cracks me up how a simple statment like "he was pretty damn solid for" becomes "OMG OMG OMG OMG It's Sean O'Haire! PUSH HIM TO THE MOON OMG OMG" in AS's eyes.

I've yet to see ANYONE say ANYTHING that strongly in support of SOH, yet AS views it as such. I honestly think that if he didn't have the stigma of being someone that Bischoff was going to push to the moon, he'd have been given more of a chance, and would be viewed with Lesnar/Cena/Orton-types as the future of the wwe. (He talks better but wrestles worse than Lesnar. Wrestles as good if not better than Cena but can't promo anywhere near as well. And is better than Orton at both; he's just not sleeping with HHH)

Guest Anglesault
It cracks me up how a simple statment like "he was pretty damn solid for" becomes "OMG OMG OMG OMG It's Sean O'Haire! PUSH HIM TO THE MOON OMG OMG" in AS's eyes.

You don't remember the reaction he was getting earlier this year?

He talks better but wrestles worse than Lesnar.

Possibly. Both ar terrible on he mic though.

Wrestles as good if not better than Cena but can't promo anywhere near as well.

NO WAY. Cena is MUCH better thn O'Haire. Just compare their matches with Eddy and Benoit. (Or Rikishi for that matter)

And is better than Orton at both

Orton sucks all there is to suck.

But he's still better on the mic.

Guest nl5xsk1

I just think there's many wrestlers worse than SOH, that have gotten much bigger pushes and thus are more deserving of your venom.

If/when SOH in any way effects your beloved Angle, then I'd understand your wrath. But for just being liked by other people on the board?

Guest Choken One

You don't remember the reaction he was getting earlier this year?

And is better than Orton at both

Orton sucks all there is to suck.

But he's still better on the mic.

He got the reaction NOT for his wrestling prowness but his Character...

I'm inclined to do something so rare...AGREE with you.

Guest Zack Malibu

I can totally see a face Angle vs. heel O'Haire feud coming. Maybe AS can too, and that's why SOH is getting shat on.

Guest Choken One

And AS can see the future...SOH will make Angle his bitch...

It's True It's True...I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know

Guest Anglesault
I can totally see a face Angle vs. heel O'Haire feud coming. Maybe AS can too

Once Chris and Eddy went down in a futile attempt to get him over or get a good match out of him, I saw the Angle match/feud on the horizon.

and that's why SOH is getting shat on.

And his total inability to do anything well.

Guest Zack Malibu

I can see it now. O'Haire berates Angle for being "selfish" for returning to the ring after the neck injury. Says that he's a broken man who's clinging to a fake legacy, the only accomplishments that mean anything are in the past (Gold Medal winner, etc.). Angle retorts with something like "at least I've established myself as my own man, while you hung out with a guy in a skirt"...bam, pull apart, insta feud.

You know it's coming.

Guest Anglesault
I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know

See, that's his big problem.

He tries to cap off his segments with that catchphrase (Like "Quoth the Raven" or "That's the bottom line") but it's not a catchphrase that works well like that. He needs to use it more like "It's True" where it's a direct answer or a response to something he or the other guy already said.

Guest Choken One

I'm still pissed WWE wouldn't let SOH do the Hypocrite speech on Hogan...

IT WAS RIGHT FUCKING THERE...and they dropped it.

Guest Anglesault
I can see it now. O'Haire berates Angle for being "selfish" for returning to the ring after the neck injury. Says that he's a broken man who's clinging to a fake legacy, the only accomplishments that mean anything are in the past (Gold Medal winner, etc.). Angle retorts with something like "at least I've established myself as my own man, while you hung out with a guy in a skirt"...bam, pull apart, insta feud.

You know it's coming.

OH GOD

::runs away weeping::

Guest Choken One
I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know

See, that's his big problem.

He tries to cap off his segments with that catchphrase (Like "Quoth the Raven" or "That's the bottom line") but it's not a catchphrase that works well like that. He needs to use it more like "It's True" where it's a direct answer or a response to something he or the other guy already said.

No, His big problem is that he has been Hossified.

But, I think the line works in the Vignette sense but it can't be a catchphase to run with because it won't sell shirts ala "Quote the Raven" or "It's True" as you mentioned...

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

O'Haire has been gettting screwed over since coming to the WWE. This would be good for him. But I doubt this will be an angle and was probably just at this particular houseshow.

Guest Zack Malibu

May I also add that as a fan of Angle I'm going to love that feud. I can usually agree with AS on many points about the use of Kurt, since I see it too, but what can I say...I'm an SOH fan.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

You're right. Angle/O'Haire would be great and it'll help O'Haire finally get established as a main eventer.

Guest Zack Malibu
O'Haire has been gettting screwed over since coming to the WWE. This would be good for him. But I doubt this will be an angle and was probably just at this particular houseshow.

If you're referring to the angle with Angle, it's just a bit of fantasy thinking due to comment from myself, AS, Choken, etc.

If you are referring to what happened with Eddy and Tajiri, then you may be right. It could have been a one time deal.

At any rate, if it's permanent, it's a better team than the one SOH does with A Train at house shows.

Guest Anglesault
May I also add that as a fan of Angle I'm going to love that feud. I can usually agree with AS on many points about the use of Kurt, since I see it too, but what can I say...I'm an SOH fan.

Kurt in a midcard feud with a guy who can't wrestle or work the mic.

IT'S KANE ALL OVER AGAIN!

You're right. Angle/O'Haire would be great

If Eddy/SOH was bad.

and Benoit/SOH was bad

why would Angle/SOH be good?

Guest Goodear
No, His big problem is that he has been Hossified.

And here I was thinking that his big problem was he couldn't do anything but vignettes. His interviews in front of an audience have all been lousy and he couldn't even look passible in the ring against Eddie, Benoit, or Tajiri. I could care less about what he used to be able to do, he's not doing it now and he hasn't made a single improvement in any other area of the game to make up for it. Even if he's been made to tone down the aerial stuff, he should be able to actually pull something else out of the oven. But he's got nothing but lame kicks and a variation on the chinlock.