TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpww7

Sean O Haire and Eddie Guerrero alliance?

Guest Zack Malibu
has not shined at all when given a chance

Riddle me this, Batman:

When has O'Haire been given the chance?

This has been the topic of the whole thread.

He hasn't.

Guest BionicRedneck

It depends on what you would call a "chance". He hasn't been given a push or anything, but he has had several chances to show how good he is in the ring with guys like Eddie and Benoit. And, he blew each time.

Guest nikowwf

Getting a chance doesn't have to be a Brock Lesnar push and being put in the ring with Kurt. That's a gift from the gods for someone the WWE has annointed as the second coming. That's not O-Haire.

I think being allowed to stand with Piper and fight Mr. America and talk some was a decent chance. He didn't show jack. Cena was jobbing to Rikishi and being made into a Vanilla Ice clone and has shown something on the mike. What has O-Haire shown to warrant being pushed HARDER?

niko

Guest Anglesault
Why book Angle, a main eventer who probably only has a limited shelf life, with someone he needs to CARRY to a good match if it has any chance of being a good match, who is also a person who is really not over and has not shined at all when given a chance, except in prepared vingettes?

niko

You remind me of, well, me.

If Angle can get good matches out of Kane, he can get one out of O'Haire.

Only one Angle/Kane match was over ***

Guest nikowwf

The Angle/Kane program also did not help Angle or Kane as Kane didn't go over strong, the matches were ehh and didn't really get the crowd going, and it slowed down Angle's momentum cause he went to the mid-card on a show that really needed an awesome Angle type match. (wrestlemania)

niko

Guest Choken One
It depends on what you would call a "chance". He hasn't been given a push or anything, but he has had several chances to show how good he is in the ring with guys like Eddie and Benoit. And, he blew each time.

Those said matches were 4 minute matches where Benoit did his chops and shit...Not really an indictative showing that ya can say "SOH BLEW IT".

Guest Choken One
I wouldn't say any of them were over ***

The Angle/Kane Smackdown Hit ***1/2 (some went as far to call it ****) and it was first and only time Angle carried someone (Lesnar is a questionable)...

Guest Zack Malibu

Those said matches were 4 minute matches where Benoit did his chops and shit...Not really an indictative showing that ya can say "SOH BLEW IT".

I tried to cover that earlier, Choken, but it fell on deaf ears. It's me and you against the world in this thread.

Guest Choken One

^ that's an ironic statement "Falling on deaf ears" since your only partner is the one with deaf ears.

Guest nikowwf

Everyone does 4 minute TV matches - if u can't do decent 4 minute TV matches, with Benoit and Eddy of all people than you don't deserve the chance to go 10 minutes.

BTW, again I'm not saying don't use him, just don't use him against Angle.

niko

Guest BionicRedneck

What the fuck else can we judge him on?

O'Haire performs shit everytime he is on TV, but we are not aloud to say that he is shit?

Why because he has good moves that he never uses. If O'Haire sucks everytime he is on, his fans are still gonna come on here giving us excuses why the match sucked, but that don't change the fact that it sucked.

Guest Zack Malibu
^ that's an ironic statement "Falling on deaf ears" since your only partner is the one with deaf ears.

Wow, really? I had no clue.

Guest Zack Malibu
Everyone does 4 minute TV matches - if u can't do decent 4 minute TV matches, with Benoit and Eddy of all people than you don't deserve the chance to go 10 minutes.

niko

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

You can't build SHIT in 4 minutes. No long standing psychology, no working over a body part for a long period of time, NOTHING. If anything, guys should be given longer timeframes, and then just try to quicken the pace to coincide with a shorter time limit. Hell, guys like Kidman, Noble, Tajiri, etc. have had "bad" 4 minute matches because they have to rush, and it's just spot-spot-spot...God forbid they blow one, that takes the match down even more.

No one, not anyone, should be judged on a 4 minute match.

Guest Choken One

niko

What? Benoit didn't even do anything...He waltzed around the ring...Threw some chops and got distracted by Piper...Not like they were doing an match...

Eddy and Benoit have had their stinkers before...So go and blame that it was all SOH fault there...

Guest nl5xsk1
What the fuck else can we judge him on?

O'Haire performs shit everytime he is on TV, but we are not aloud to say that he is shit?

Why because he has good moves that he never uses. If O'Haire sucks everytime he is on, his fans are still gonna come on here giving us excuses why the match sucked, but that don't change the fact that it sucked.

The only problem with that reasoning is that Benoit hasn't looked all that amazing in months and it's still a smark footrace to fellate his each and every move. And not for what he's doing, because choppy-choppy-flying headbutt-crossface isn't something to write home about.

(I guess you can add me to Zack Malibu & Choken One as those who are defending SOH afterall)

Guest BionicRedneck

You can still look impressive in 4 minutes with a great worker. You can still bump well, you can still sell, you can still show good timing, crowd working ability. O'Haire shows nothing.

The only problem with that reasoning is that Benoit hasn't looked all that amazing in months and it's still a smark footrace to fellate his each and every move

He may not have been "all that amazing", but he has still been pretty good.

Guest Choken One

niko

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

You can't build SHIT in 4 minutes. No long standing psychology, no working over a body part for a long period of time, NOTHING. If anything, guys should be given longer timeframes, and then just try to quicken the pace to coincide with a shorter time limit. Hell, guys like Kidman, Noble, Tajiri, etc. have had "bad" 4 minute matches because they have to rush, and it's just spot-spot-spot...God forbid they blow one, that takes the match down even more.

No one, not anyone, should be judged on a 4 minute match.

I know we're "partners" and all...and I agree with you case...

But 2 two words 6 syllables...

123 KID/Owen Hart

Guest nikowwf

The problem with your reasoning is you are saying Sean O-Haire deserves a bump up to a feud with Angle, but your argument seems to be that its not his fault that he hasn't shown anything.

Wouldn't it make more sense to book him with someone lower on the card? Let him show something first and THEN push him?

And yes, Kidman has had bad 4 minute matches, but he's had good ones too.

niko

Guest Zack Malibu

While we're on the subject, fuck WWE for putting Benoit/Eddy, etc. in 4 minute matches. That's another problem right there. They've got guys that could go for an hour, but are relegated to blink and you miss 'em segments.

As far as Benoit, even the almighty one himself cannot make a star in 4 minutes, I hate to tell you. Hell at least Triple H gave Taka nearly 10 minutes 3 years ago to make a win seem possible.

Guest Zack Malibu
The problem with your reasoning is you are saying Sean O-Haire deserves a bump up to a feud with Angle, but your argument seems to be that its not his fault that he hasn't shown anything.

Wouldn't it make more sense to book him with someone lower on the card? Let him show something first and THEN push him?

And yes, Kidman has had bad 4 minute matches, but he's had good ones too.

niko

OK two things:

I didn't say all four minute matches were bad. I'm just saying that it's unfair to judge, especially when that's all we've really seen of the guy.

No one is saying O'Haire should get promoted this week to a feud with Angle. We made mention of the fact to AS that it's very possible, especially if an O'Haire push conintued. It's seemingly taken on a life of it's own that you believe that it's concrete news. It was nothing more than a jab at AS, and while I think it can and will happen (and look forward to it), I wouldn't panic yet.

Guest nikowwf

Hmmm....

ok, i relent. :D

Personally, I think Sean O-Haire would be best served as a mouthpiece for a smaller more talented wrestler getting himself over on his character while practicing wrestling so when the time comes for a push - he's not just the latest hoss getting a push that will fail cause the ringwork is not there. (See Kane's 1,000 pushes, A-Train, etc.)

niko

Guest nl5xsk1

I don't think that right now SOH even deserves the alleged push that he might be getting with Guerrero (which is what began this whole clusterfuck) let alone a program with Angle.

But I do think that to write him off as utter shit without giving him the chance to fail seems stupid. Even Kurt Angle was once thought about in such a low stature that he lost to Tazz. Now one is everyone's critical darling, and the other is an announcer.

Give SOH a chance to fail or succeed. If he fails, no loss, cut him from the roster. If he succeeds, we have another upper-card wrestler to add to the equation.

Guest Anglesault
You can still look impressive in 4 minutes with a great worker. You can still bump well, you can still sell, you can still show good timing, crowd working ability. O'Haire shows nothing.

The only problem with that reasoning is that Benoit hasn't looked all that amazing in months and it's still a smark footrace to fellate his each and every move

He may not have been "all that amazing", but he has still been pretty good.

The Cena/Eddy match was four minutes and that was solid.

Guest Zack Malibu
Can't we all just get along and hate Nash and HHH?

Amen to that. We should all be getting along in the essence that if/when the God-push for O'Haire happens, it's a fresh face, and not a repackaged WWE/WCW castaway character (see:Nash, Steiner, Kane, Undertaker, etc.).

Guest Anglesault
Can't we all just get along and hate Nash and HHH?

Amen to that. We should all be getting along in the essence that if/when the God-push for O'Haire happens, it's a fresh face, and not a repackaged WWE/WCW castaway character (see:Nash, Steiner, Kane, Undertaker, etc.).

Fresh face =/= good, no matter how many times we say it.

Fresh AND good is what we're looking for.

Guest Choken One

All this because AS got ticked about the not even gonna happen Fantasty Booking of SOH/Angle...

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Everyone does 4 minute TV matches - if u can't do decent 4 minute TV matches, with Benoit and Eddy of all people than you don't deserve the chance to go 10 minutes

I love both guys, but Booker & Eddy had a couple of horrible matches together on Raw. Does that mean Book doesn't deserve any kind of push?