TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpww7

Sean O Haire and Eddie Guerrero alliance?

Guest nikowwf

Sean O-Haire needs to be built up slowly. He needs to learn to work better, and speak better. Putting him with Angle to have crappy matches and be squashed does not help him. Putting him over Angle is ridiculous as it hurts Angle and doesn't help O-Haire as people will see it as flukey cause he's not ready.

Keep O-Haire way way way away from Kurt please!

niko

Guest Zack Malibu
why would Angle/SOH be good?

Because hopefully they give Kurt a nice FEUD with the guy, not a 5 minute (including entrances) Crash TV match. The match with Benoit was what, 4 minutes and the finish was a KICK IN THE HEAD?

I'm talking if they had a good, at least 10 minute match as the main event on Smackdown or a SD PPV match.

Guest Choken One

^ WHICH IS HOSSIFICATION! Damn it AS...

stripping all previous existing potential and talent for the WWE style.

Guest Goodear

Good GOD. What have you seen out of O'Haire to make you think he can do a match that long that isn't 75% chinlock? The guy has no interesting offense!

Guest Anglesault
why would Angle/SOH be good?

Because hopefully they give Kurt a nice FEUD with the guy, .

Why would it be good?

Show me a good SOH WWF match.

Show me a good SOH WWF segment (Live)

Guest Anglesault

There are plenty of guys that have had their balls cut off for the WWF style that don't blow.

Guest Zack Malibu
Good GOD. What have you seen out of O'Haire to make you think he can do a match that long that isn't 75% chinlock? The guy has no interesting offense!

This is the point I'm trying to make...

He DOES have interesting offense...it's a matter of the WWE pulling their heads out of their asses (where have I heard this before) and letting these guys show off. Austin breaks his neck and they start disregarding piledrivers, tombstones, and moves of that ilk. The "main event brawl" style gets over, and now that's what they want everyone to work. Put the kid in an enviroment where he can bust out some stuff (and not pull his punches...the guy is a freakin' black belt Toughman winner...let him take a few stiff shots against a guy like Brock or Angle) and then I guarantee you'll view him as at least slightly entertaining. I'm not saying the second coming of Thesz is gonna happen, but there is much more to O'Haire than what you've seen, especially if you weren't a big fan/watcher of WCW like I was.

Guest Zack Malibu
Show me a good SOH WWF segment (Live)

Actually, before he debuted on Smackdown, he had a dark match on the RAW the day after the Rumble here in Providence. Gave a good promo on the evils of gambling and "putting your life on the roulette table". I dug it, what can I say. It's not his fault he got thrown on Smackdown to tell Spanky to get naked.

Guest Goodear

There are plenty of guys that have had their balls cut off for the WWF style that don't blow.

Excactly... Eddie Guerrero doesn't do the brainbuster or Tornado DDT anymore but sure doesn't suck by any stretch of anyone's imagination. To think that O'Haire would somehow get amazingly better because he can now do a senton is almost flabbergasting. If anything, he'd look even more sad as the really good workers rocket further up the ladder as they do everything they can.

Guest Choken One

He didn't just do the Seanton; He did a wide varity of high impact moves from Springboards to Sicking lariats and was really an incredible fluid motion of speed and power akin to the early day Scott Steiner.

Eddy isn't a good example because he wasn't Hossified by WWE.

Guest nikowwf

Sean O-Haire had sucky to fair matches in WCW too. He had one or two solid tag matches I remember. Nothing was off the charts, and certainly no singles matches were very good.

I think people remember the Natural Born Thrillers as much more than they really were. They were a passable part of what was a really shitty product at the time. Nothing fantastic.

niko

Guest Choken One

Yet they put on a TREMENDOUS ***1/2 star match with those four guys...in a 9 minute match...Good work for 4 guys straight outta school...

Guest BionicRedneck

***1/2 my ass.

O' Haire blew in WCW, but at least he had a good look and fresh (for a man his size) offence. Now he has nuthin, and Eddie Guerrero shouldn't be saddled with him.

Guest nl5xsk1

While it would cause conniptions on this board, I think a match with Angle/Lesnar vs. Guerrero/SOH would be fun. Yes, O'Haire would be the weak link (by a lot) but I think that the match would be better than the Big Show/A-Train shit we've all been forcefed for months.

If someone like Palumbo could be accepted into the wwe scene, I don't see why O'Haire can't be. And consider me even more confused if the rumors of Jindrak joining Evolution come true. How could SOH be that much worse than Jindrak?!?

Guest Choken One

Hell, Even SK gave a higher rating and he flat out HATED those guys...that shows how good the match was...

and he still has a great look....The offense has of course been Hossified.

Guest Choken One
While it would cause conniptions on this board, I think a match with Angle/Lesnar vs. Guerrero/SOH would be fun. Yes, O'Haire would be the weak link (by a lot) but I think that the match would be better than the Big Show/A-Train shit we've all been forcefed for months.

If someone like Palumbo could be accepted into the wwe scene, I don't see why O'Haire can't be. And consider me even more confused if the rumors of Jindrak joining Evolution come true. How could SOH be that much worse than Jindrak?!?

Jindrak is even worse then SOH...at both times in WCW and OVW....

Guest Anglesault
and he still has a great look

Nathan Jones.

....The offense has of course been Hossified.

Wasn't great to begin with.

Guest Anglesault

Angle/Lesnar v. Eddy/Anyone would be good. Has nothing whatsoever to do with Sean O'Haire. It could be the team of Eddy and Moppy and be good.

Guest Goodear

Palumbo (okay) > O'Haire (awefull) > Jindrack (dreadful) > Stasiak (stab out my eyes please)

Guest Zack Malibu
I think people remember the Natural Born Thrillers as much more than they really were. They were a passable part of what was a really shitty product at the time. Nothing fantastic.

Most of the Jindrak/O'Haire matches were average-above average, and the team with Palumbo was a better pairing, albeit they were stuck with Luger and Bagwell for a few months, who were dead weight with minimal name value. You can't have a good match with two guys who aren't willing to cooperate, and aren't that great either...which is why P&O squashed them at one of the last WCW PPV's.

As for the NBT's:

O'Haire we've covered.

Jindrak-decent worker, if nothing but bland. Has nothing that really makes him standout workrate or personality wise, but was a passable worker and was best off in the tag team setting.

Reno-the token "hardcore" guy. Good enough worker in that mold (he and KWEE WEE had some good hardcore matches if I remember correctly). I never got into the guy as a solo, but shoddy booking (Shane Douglas ally to Big Vito's evil brother/friend to Vito's ally to turning on Vito in the span of like a week...also remember the crap with Vito's sister/girlfriend/whatever) didn't help him.

Mike Sanders-GREAT talker, during this period especially. While his work in TNA hasn't been that great in-ring wise (and not for nothing, pairing him off with David Flair or the Harris Twins hasn't helped that cause) he can still cut a killer promo, and has this natural, somewhat goofy charisma that appeals to everyone. Was awesome as the leader of the NBT and WCW Commisioner, and had awesome interaction with Ric Flair.

Shawn Stasiak-the comic relief of the stable. He and Palumbo as Perfect Event were the top heel team in WCW predating the formation of the Thrillers, and had some memorable moments (remember when the took over the production truck, scared Bagwell with the pyro, played odd music for Booker T (I think it was him...)). Became the whipping boy of the group when Kevin Nash played "Coach", and was going to get a serious push (he cost Nash the title against Booker T. and looked like he was going to feud with him) before the whole stable ousted Nash to start the Insiders/NBT feud. Capable of a good midcard match.

Chuck Palumbo-really green when he first came in, but learned well from being in a tag team. By the time he and O'Haire turned face and paired together, he was an excellent tag team guy, and was more compatible with O'Haire than I think he was with Stasiak.

While I only really liked O'Haire and Sanders out of the group, I was impressed with them as a whole, and feel that they deserve a lot of credit for keeping the sinking ship afloat the last few months. The Natural Born Thrillers were one of the best things to come out of the final WCW days, and I'm honestly surprised that the WWE hasn't used some type of OVW/developmental "invasion" to rip on their success.

Guest BionicRedneck
Even SK gave a higher rating and he flat out HATED those guys...that shows how good the match was...

Keith is a cretin.

Guest nikowwf
Most of the Jindrak/O'Haire matches were average-above average.

I so so disagree with that. I remember 1 real good one on a ppv, and a bunch of passable. Nothing else.

And the fact AOL Time Warner was eating the losses was what kept the sinking ship that was WCW afloat the last few months. They weren't drawing for shit - to say that they kept them afloat sounds like they drew some numbers at the time, anything. And i don't recall that.

niko

Guest Zack Malibu
Most of the Jindrak/O'Haire matches were average-above average.

I so so disagree with that. I remember 1 real good one on a ppv, and a bunch of passable. Nothing else.

And the fact AOL Time Warner was eating the losses was what kept the sinking ship that was WCW afloat the last few months. They weren't drawing for shit - to say that they kept them afloat sounds like they drew some numbers at the time, anything. And i don't recall that.

niko

Passable=average. I didn't say "five star classics".

And I didn't mean that O'Haire was drawing more than Flair did in the 80's by saying they kept them afloat...maybe it was a bad choice of words. What I mean is that the Thrillers were quite frankly one of the best things going for WCW towards the end, in the midst of the sale turmoil, backstage politicking, and the like. WCW was actually warming up to them to the point where when Luger and Bagwell balked at putting them over, WCW gave them a nice fuck you and continued on with the NBT/O'Haire and Palumbo face push.

Guest nikowwf

Well, the way this discussion started was about O-Haire feuding with Angle, and I still maintain that that feud does nothing except drag Angle down and result it ** craptacular matches. And it won't be Kurt's fault.

niko

Guest Anglesault
Well, the way this discussion started was about O-Haire feuding with Angle, and I still maintain that that feud does nothing except drag Angle down and result it ** craptacular matches. And it won't be Kurt's fault.

niko

You are a very wise man.

Guest Zack Malibu

niko

If Angle can get good matches out of Kane, he can get one out of O'Haire.

Guest BionicRedneck

O' Haire stinks, Angle isn't the in-ring god people make him out to be, thusly that match would not be good. Why don't they just give up on O'Haire? Either let him do his highflying moves (that might get him over) or let him go.

Guest Zack Malibu

Niko, I also tend to think that you come across as biased sometimes, especially in the TNA folder, when it comes down to something Russo-related. Since the NBT and their imminent pushes were during the Russo regime for the most part, does that have a hand in your opinion? I'm not surprised if you're judging them based on that, but you shouldn't.

Guest nikowwf

Why book Angle, a main eventer who probably only has a limited shelf life, with someone he needs to CARRY to a good match if it has any chance of being a good match, who is also a person who is really not over and has not shined at all when given a chance, except in prepared vingettes?

niko

Guest nikowwf

And i do hate Russo, but he doesn't book WWE and is not booking O-Haire and I don't hate the way O-Haire is booked nor do I think they should stop using him.

I just think putting him in a feud with Kurt Angle is a horrible horrible waste of Kurt.

niko