TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest razazteca

Fantasy Football

Here is how the playoff picture is shaping up

1st seed

Whalers on the Moon

(drops if Marc Buger and James Jackson score 63 more points than Isaac Bruce, Jeff Wilkins, and the Stl defense)

2nd seed

Laffayette Ephedras

3rd seed

HHH

(drops if Torry Holt scores 35 points)

4th seedd

Pogo the Monkey

5th seed

Ultimo Guerreros

(drops if Faulk scores 40 tonight)

Then if:

Marshall Faulk doesn't score 7.01

6th seed:

Seoul Emerald Tigers

7th seed:

Berzerker Vikings

8th seed:

Marvins Madness

If:

Marshall does cover

6th seed:

Team 2000

7th seed:

Seoul Emerald Tigers

8th seed:

Berzerker Vikings

Amazing we can go through this whole season and two teams playoff hopes are tied into one player scoring 7 points.

I am just glad I don't have to face Seoul. Clinton Portis destroyed my hopes once this season. I don't need him to be doing it again.

I'll pull a Buddy Ryan here and put a bounty out to whoever can take down Seoul in the first round. HHH or Laffayette, I am looking your direction.

Disclaimer: please note there is no money or actual reward for the bounty, just a thank you from me

Yeah and of all the players it would be, it would have to Marshall Faulk against the Browns..

As a Ravens fan it don't look good considering how bad the Browns are against the rush...

And Team 2000 can still lose even if Faulk scores over 7.01 which would mean they would get the 8th seed. Cartman's has Andre' Davis who could score some points.

Congrats to everyone who made it into the playoffs. Looks like every match could go either way.

Sucks to be Marvin, who ended the season with four straight wins but just barely was edged out. Good show, man.

Good news for me, Moe Williams might start next week since Michael Bennett got injuried at the Seahawks game.

Bad news for Pogo the Monkey team as they shall get jobbed out in the 1st round.

Good news for me, Moe Williams might start next week since Michael Bennett got injuried at the Seahawks game.

Bad news for Pogo the Monkey team as they shall get jobbed out in the 1st round.

Travis Henry > Moe Williams

Ricky Williams > Buckhalter

I'll give you that one, because that is true.

Also my RBs are better receivers than yours.

Might be, but, we'll see who does that this week. :)

Should be a good matchup.

First Round Playoff Preview (for one game at least)

#1 seed

Whalers on the Moon

vs.

#8 seed (but 5th best team)

Berzerker Vikings

QB:

Whalers: Brett Farve at SD

Berzerker: Steve McNair vs. Buffalo

Normally, I would give the edge to McNair. But he has been injured this week and he is also playing the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL. Favre, on the other hand, faces the 27th ranked pass defense in the league. So balancing out Favre's struggles/health with McNair's health/matchup I look at it

QB: Even

WR 1:

Whalers: Marty Booker vs. Vikings

Berzerker: Hines Ward at Jets

Again, Berzerker draws the short end of the stick in regards to matchups. Marty Booker will be facing the 28th best pass defense in the league, while Ward faces the 9th best pass defense. So that leans toward Booker. Over the last month, their production has been nearly identical. But there is an x-factor in this match. Rex Grossman. No idea what he is going to do, how he is going to play, who he will like as a receiver. I see it as the matchup evening out with the QB situation (Maddox isn't exactly lighting the world on fire) leading to another

WR1: Even

WR 2:

Whalers: Isaac Bruce vs Seattle

Berzerker: Curtis Conway vs. Pit

Here is the first mismatch. First of all, the matchup favors Bruce as he faces the 26th ranked pass D, as opposed to the 12th best that Conway will face. Throw in the fact that Conway is getting around 3 catches a game for 35 yards, while Bruce is getting 5 catches a game for 72 yards leads to

WR 2: Whalers, slight edge

RB 1:

Whalers: Stephen Davis @ Arizona

Berzerker: Edgerrin James vs. Atlanta

Matchup here favors Edgerrin. Arizona has a middle of the road run D, while Atlanta is bad bad bad. Also, Edgerrin has been on a role as of late with an average of 15 more YPG than Davis. But the big key is that James has been a TD machine over the last month. Whether or not that continues, who knows? But it leads to

RB 1: Berzerker, moderate edge

RB 2:

Whalers: Jamal Lewis @ Oakland

Berzerker: Thomas Jones vs. Houston

No matchup advantage here, as both run defenses are terrible. Jones has shown to be capable of putting up 80-90 yards if given 20 carries. But then there is (to steal a phrase) JAMAL~! with 9 100 yard games on the year. Five of those games going for over 130. Throw in the TDs and you have one of the top 3 RBs this year.

RB 2: Whalers, solid edge

TE:

Whalers: Todd Heap @ Oakland

Berzerker: Boo Williams vs. Giants

No matchup difference here as both pass defenses are bad and both teams have quit on the season. Boo Williams had the one big game and since has seemed to settle into a 45-55 yard range. But his big quality is finding the end zone. Scoring in his last three games. On the other hand, Anthony Wright hasn't been looking Todd Heap's way as he only has 6 catches for 74 yards over the last three games.

TE: Berzerker, moderate edge

WR/TE:

Whalers: Josh Reed at Tennessee

Berzerker: Alge Crumpler at Indy

Big matchup difference here as Alge Crumpler faces the 10th ranked pass defense, while Reed faces the worst pass defense in the NFL. But the only person happier to see Vick than Alge was Peerless Price. By the end of last season Vick to Crumpler had become quite the common occurence and I see no reason why that would change. So I see the matchup and the QB cancelling providing

WR/TE: Even

WR/RB

Whalers: Michael Bennett at Chicago

Berzerker: Dane Looker vs. Seattle

Both are injury question marks. Looker seems more likely to play, while Bennett would be more likely to do something if he gets on the field. So I will go with yet another

WR/RB: Even

K

Whalers: Jeff Wilkins vs. Seattle

Berzerker: Doug Brien vs. Pit

Wilkins against Seattle at StLouis could lead to too many XPs and not enough FGs, but you can't go against the league leading scorer against a team that allows over 30 PPG on the road against non-Arizona opponents.

K: Whalers, moderate edge

Def

Whalers: St.Louis vs. Seattle

Berzerker: Green Bay @ SD

Dead even in YPG and PtsPG. But the rub here lies in the takeaways and sacks. The Rams have forced almost twice as many turnovers this season as the Packers and have 9 more sacks on the season. Both opponents are even in the giveaways cancelling out the opponent effects there. St. Louis is facing the better offense so they may get hit with more points and yards. But the sacks and turnovers are going to have more of an effect than the yards and pts.

Def: Whalers, slight edge

Game edge: Whalers

I worry about McNair. It would do my heart well to see McNair either not suit up or get enough points quick that they yank him to avoid injury. Edgerrin worries me, he looks like he could put up 2-3 TDs every game right now.

I am not thrilled having to face Berzerker since they are the 5th best team, but I can't complain since otherwise I would be facing Seoul. The same Seoul who owns Clinton Portis, facing Cleveland this week. Clinton Portis is my nemesis right now, and I don't need to be against him when he faces Cleveland.

Edited by the pinjockey

Berzerker's pisses me off. He gets the last playoff spot and didn't do anything about Mcnair who didn't start. He could have started Quincy. He might still have a shot to win but its not as good as if he had played a QB.

I figured McNair would start. A couple weeks ago he was in the same situation and I sat him and he ended up playing.

At least right now I'm winning, but that will probably end up changing since all I have left is Boo Williams and he still has 4 people playing right now.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm winning, Mason was a beast today. Hopefully Portis doesn't score like 50 points again.

Dear Brad Johnson:

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Love,

Fazzle

PS: DIE!

Bastard's ruining my SF game in one league, and third place game in the other league.

First semifinal

Whalers on the Moon - 83.65

Remaining: Brett Favre

vs.

Ultimo Guerreros - 94.93

Everyone done

Please please please let Oakland's D not show up tomorrow night. And thank fucking God that Todd Pinkston actually did something today.

Second Semi

HHH - 50.98

Ahman Green

vs.

Laffayette Ephedras - 83.26

No one

Trent Green and Darrell Jackson combining for -1.52 points killed HHH.

Edit: Added 6 pts. to HHH because of the Samari Rolle TD that I skipped over in a brainfart.

Edited by the pinjockey

Favre throwing up 46 points puts me into the title game.

But Ahman Green's day isn't enough to get HHH into the big game.

Smart Marks Super Bowl

Whalers on the Moon

vs.

Laffayette Ephedras

3rd place game

HHH

vs.

Ultimo Guerrers

5th place game

Berzerker Vikings

vs.

Team 2000