TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DawnBTVS

SWF Football League Inside...

Guest Tyler McClelland

Then be a lazy fuck and rank 10 people, then let Conklin look up the Yahoo rankings beyond it!

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I'm signed up for another league through yahoo, and I've already done my pre-rankings for that using the yahoo system. That league is doing a live draft on Monday, and of course those not around will have their picks made based on their draft lists or the one yahoo has already tabulated. In fact, I checked a box to copy the list I made there to the SWF league. Whether this will work is beyond me. I should be around for the draft whenever it might be, so it's no skin off my nose really. I was just trying to make it easiest for everyone as you see several people who were not around for the baseball draft have not really participated in that, although hardly anyone is in that anymore.

Guest DawnBTVS

Well, as far as I can tell, the only way to get people to be able to do the pre-draft lists on Yahoo is through an autodraft or live draft and I don't think many(including myself) would be happy with the autodraft idea.

Guest Grand Slam

Well crap...

You know, I was damn lucky to get Z to do my drafting in the Baseball League. He got me some good players and formed the nucleus of a good team.

Last year we were on yahoo and we ordered the players and the computer drafted for us.

If we start doing live drafts for Fantasy teams, i may have to stop playing as there is no way i could make them. My weeks are very busy, especially now with the house.

Please get this figured out and post a difinitive answer.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Mark, you wouldn't have to quit if they did a live draft... you could just organize the top however many players you want to organize, and someone could draft them for you based on that list. I think the live drafts are more fun, personally, and allows you more input for your team... and I think many people agree with me. So, I believe you can get the best of both worlds here.

Guest HVilleThugg

Wait? Who's opposed to a autodraft? Why are you opposed to an autodraft?

I've been doing fantasy football for at least 7 years, and I've ALWAYS done a autodraft where I rank my players and then a draft is done based on mine and all the other player's rankings. What is wrong with this system?

Da "doesn't understand the beef" H

Guest Tyler McClelland

Live drafts let you have so much more input about your team, so they're inherently more fun. You can still autorank your players and it'd equate to the same thing as an autodraft, though.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yes, what Tyler said. You do a live draft, where those available can go in and draft and those unavailable can just be sure to set up their lists ahead of time and they will be drafted automatically. I don't understand why this has become so much trouble.

Guest HVilleThugg

I'm sure it's great fun to all sit around and draft...seeing who people draft and that excitement...I bet it's a hoot. However, it's flat out not fair for people like Mark, and probably me, who can't be there. I mean, we're here for the season, not for the damn draft...and it seems that you're willing to penalize those of us who can't take time out to be a part of a live draft. How is that fair? I always thought you go with the lowest common denominator....if one person can't do it live, you do it autodraft. It's not like you have NO input...you still have some input...and a good deal in my opinion. I just think that if you choose to do this live draft idea, you're going to be penalizeing people like me and Mark who can't participate in it.

Da "doesn't have as much time as the res tof you" H

Guest Tyler McClelland

Thugg, it's the *SAME* thing if you prerank your players. There is no penalty whatsoever. Some people (myself included) simply like to rank their players in real time, which is the purpose of the draft. If you rank your players, you'll be fine. If you don't, you'll still be fine, it'll just go by Yahoo's rankings.

Guest HVilleThugg

It's not fair because the people in the live draft have an advantage over those who aren't.

Da "sorry, didn't make that clear" H

Guest HVilleThugg

Yes there is! In the live draft, you can see who other people pick, and you can change your mind....go after someone else....like you said....you have more control over the draft. The autodraft is fixed....there's no leeway to change who you want....and there's no way to see who someone else drafted.

Da "if that's not an unfair advantage, I don't know what is" H

Guest Tyler McClelland

There is NO advantage whatsoever.

One could argue that autodraft lets the sleepers go to free agency, but then the percieved "advantage" goes to the person who can log on first AFTER the draft.

Guest HVilleThugg

so you don't think that being able to see who other people are drafting and being able to do research on the fly to determine your pick is an advantage?

Could it be that your view might be skewed since you're on the side of the argument FOR the live draft?

Da "I need to smoke" H

Guest Tyler McClelland

Perhaps, but it's overshadowed by the fact that, in preranking your players, you could do the exact same research yourself and rank the players accordingly.

The advantage to being there is minimal, except that you don't have to sit down for seven and a half hours to rank players. If you want to do it, fine. Knock yourself out. Some of us don't, though.

Guest Grand Slam

How many players do I need to rank? Last year I ranked the first fifteen or so to make sure I got playes I wanted in the first two rounds, then let the computer use its rankings for the remaining players.

I far prefer the autodraft as it seems to be the most fair to me. However, if the whole of the League is against me, then so be it.

I am sick of talking about this. Do we or do we not have a commissioner in the Football League? he needs to make a decision and stick to it. It is tii late for me to back out now. I will work with what I get one way or the other, because pride won't let me just let my team fester.

Let's decide this fast though. I am so tired of this argument (as we go through it every time we do fantasy sports) that I am ::hold fingers about an inch apart:: this close to giving up onthe whole thing anyways...

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Yeah, I don't see the advantage. Why would, say, Tyler picking Priest Holmes affect who I pick next.? I'll just go down to the next name on my list and that's just what yahoo will do. Maybe if I see running backs are going, I'd take a running back where I have a QB listed, but if you rank properly you should be able to get a well balanced team. The only slight advantage I can see is when you get down to the last couple of rounds and all the guys you wanted are gone. Then you can do some quick research and pick a sleeper, but of course, yahoo will always take the highest rated player available. As long as you exclude guys who you know you don't want or are injured from the drafting lists, it's all jake.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

It's obvious that Harley isn't online, he's the commish. I say let him decide and if you don't like it, don't participate.

Mark: I pre-ranked 50 players for my other league and I'll probably throw in some of the top names I didn't put in on the first go around later. I say rank as many guys as you can ahead of time.

Guest HVilleThugg

Ok fine. I still think it's unfair, but we're not getting anywhere by arguing about it. I don't agree with you...you don't agree with me.

Do the live draft...tell me when it is...and if I can, I'll be there. Also, leave instructions on how to pick if you can't make it.

Da "is with Mark on this one..."H

Guest WrestlingDeacon

League Notes:

Your draft is set for Monday, August 11 at 8:45 pm EDT. It begins in 10 days, 5 hours, and 56 minutes. [ Add to My Calendar! ] . An Enter Live Draft link will appear on this page (Test your system). Please arrive 10 minutes early as your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

There you go. Get your asses in gear and your lists made up.

Guest DawnBTVS

I may or may not show up at the draft depending how the weather holds up. We're supposed to have thunderstorms ALL of this week and heading into NEXT week so I have my list set up. Just letting you all know in case I don't appear.

Guest CED Ordonez

HOLY CRAP! I'VE GOT FIRST PICK!?!

"With the first pick in the draft, the San Miguel Beermen are going to Ryan Leaf the pick by selecting FUCKING RYAN FUCKING LEAF!"

*downs San Miguel at the podium before fainting*

Oh wait...Ryan Leaf was the second pick...

Announcement!!!!!

The Carnies are having a fire sale!! First come first served!! No one is untouchable!!

For details, go to the fantasy page and look in comments.

Hurry, players are already going fast!!