TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

I am definetly calling us Swedehampton United now lol

Southampton have completed a £1m deal for Swedish international defender Andreas Jakobsson on Tuesday.

Jakobsson - who was at Danish side Brondby - enjoyed a fine Euro 2004 that brought him to Saints' attention.

Nottingham Forest were keen to buy the defender in July but were put off by the 31-year-old's £1m asking price.

Head coach Steve Wigley said: "He's an experienced player who's a leader and will give us vital experience at the back. I'm delighted he's coming in."

Wigley added: "With Michael Svensson being injured, we are a bit short of experience if Claus Lundekvam was to get injured."

You have to feel sorry for the guy and the fans clearly still loved him. Whoever takes over next really has a tough job as, unless it's a Newcastle hero like Shearer, they're going to have great difficulty taking over from someone as popular as Sir Bobby.

On a lighter note, the signing of Callum Davenport by Spurs made my bank holiday, especially after going to the Coventry/Forest massacre on Saturday, where Davo looked like a star in the making. Him and King a future England centre-back pairing :D ?

Fucking good game last night (Pompey/Fulham), even though we nearly through away the game after going 3-0 up in the first half an hour.

The big story of the day is, of course, Rooney finally joining Man U. Good move to one of the most protective managers in the world, or a waste of money for Utd and overexpectation for Rooney?

Guest CurryMan
I am definetly calling us Swedehampton United now lol

Nice buy there I was hoping that my favourite Swedish team might be able to buy him but I guess it was funnier to try the premiership. Perhaps one of the best defenders in Sweden right now he has said no to the Swedish nationalteam so you won´t loose him there. He is strong on his head and he is really good freekick taker but don´t ask him to take a penalty because then he will chocke and say no to taking it and let other be scapegoats "#¤"!#"!3" *still upset for the Euro*

-

I believe Rooney will develope to a great player in Man U even though I think they gave away to much money for that kind of player especially when they have Alan Smith and Saha and Van Nistl... when he comes back.

Guest wayzing
In other news, Vanhalen may be getting the English rugby teams manager taking over at Southampton.

clicky

WHAT?!?

Oh, great. Sign a rugby coach to lead your football team. Because football coaches suck!!!

Why not an ice hockey guy? No wait. That is way too conservative. They should try to sign sir George Martin.

I don't know anything about rugby but all of a sudden it's very clear why Southampton has gone through 10 coaches in ten years.

I say they should get their act together and hire vanhalen.

If any of your teams need a win then follow our example.

Saturday: We lost 3-0 at Port Vale remaining winless(we always start crap anyway)

Sunday: Paul Sturrock is rumoured to be taking over at Bristol City.

Monday: Bristol City win 4-1 and all is good again.

As for Sir Clive Woodward I actually could see him as an Assistant Manager but not as the main man.

Guest CurryMan

I guess David James is your favourite person right now. Unfortunatly for England there isn´t really a single good goalie in whole of England.

The question after Austria/England is, how long until Carlo Cudicini gets a call-up for the England squad. Apparantly he officially qualifies now, as he's been living in the country for five(?) years and has no Italy caps. Of course, he needs games for Chelsea first, as Cech has proved to be a great signing and pushed him onto the bench.

But I say he's worth a try.

Newcastle hiring Souness was a surprise in a way, as they seemed so dead-set on a Geordie like Brucie. Not sure if it's a good decision or not really...Souness always seems to have bad relationships with players (see Cole, Yorke) and that was Bobby's biggest problem.

God, Paul Robinson has had a GREAT start to the season, he's be perfect for England keeper at the moment, especially as the other squad keepers are rubbish (James), unproven (Green) or an injury-prone second choice Liverpool keeper, who is kept out of the team by Jersey Dudek (Kirkland).

Of course, after managing only a weak 1-1 draw with Azerbaijan, I get the impression you could play SYD James in goal and still beat us. And that's including the fact he's dead. Only hope we pop out a victory against N. Ireland in Cardiff tonight.

THANK YOU Robbie Earnshaw!!! Was well on the way to the most embarrassing Welsh defeat for, oooh, 11 months, before Earnie saved the day. NOT looking forward to the England game, even if Giggs and Davies will be back.

Oh well, at least Super Jermain Defoe got a goal and sounds like Robbo did pretty well too.

Hey MIG, no offence intended but, yeah, Forest are in big trouble. I was at the Coventry-Forest game (even though I support Spurs most of my friends support Coventry and, as I'm moving to Nottingham in 2 weeks, I thought I'd better try looking for job pages and enjoy a game of football in the process) and you were terrible, when Coventry are making you look silly then there are issues. On the bright side, at least you kept Reid and Dawson, otherwise your season would be over

To be honest I wish Reid had gone. He spends far too much time on the pitch yelling at all the other players and trying to dribble past everyone. He also thinks he's too good to pass the ball - he has to try a 20 yard floater right onto someone's toe and he manages it about 1 in 10 attempts.

Dawson's out for another few months too.

We are totally, totally fucked.

And it's not Kinnear's fault, the players he's got in are all reasonably good (apart from Impy, but still...) but he's not been given the money to sign players good enough to make a proper impact. Kris Commons look like he could be a very decent left winger, but he'll never get in the team as long as Reid's about, Kevin James look like a better right winger than Impy, but that's not saying much. Rogers trys hard but is no where as good as he was back 1997 - 1999 before he did his knee in.

Paul Gerrard though is the best keeper in the division by miles. We currently have 5 points, but without him we'd have 2 or 3.

Third Division for us next season... :(

For our swedish fans, Andreas Jakobson will make his debut for Southampton tonight against Charlton live on Sky

Tottenham- 7 Premiership games unbeaten (including vs Blackburn and Wolves at the end of last season)...c'mon Gooners, we're after your record now!

Tottenham- 7 Premiership games unbeaten (including vs Blackburn and Wolves at the end of last season)...c'mon Gooners, we're after your record now!

technically, you couldn't beat it if they're still setting it..

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Good, battling performance tonight by the lads. What we lacked in overall quality, we made up in determination. With a little more luck, Delap may have snatched it at the end, and the defence looks a little stronger as it did under Wee Gordon.

However, can someone please tell Prutts that he does not have to get a yellow card each game. Not that it will matter when Oakley is back, but still.

Guest CurryMan
For our swedish fans, Andreas Jakobson will make his debut for Southampton tonight against Charlton live on Sky

How did he perform? According to Swedish news he did a solid game with out anything special. I would really like to see him change his mind when it comes to the nationalteam. Sweden could really use him right now as a defender with Mellberg since Michael Svensson is injured.