Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
CB-Gardner

LW-Jackson

CM-Redknapp

CM-Brown

Those lot there are a weakness and I doubt you'll see the top half of the table with them in the team (you conceded Tarrico already).

1. Arsenal(Best attack in England will make up for the lack of defensive cover)

They may win it again, but its not because they have the best attack making up for an 'ok' defence.

8. Tottenham

And this club is proof of that. Jermaine Defoe didn't exactly fire them up the league, did he? No way they finish 8th. At this rate, no chance they actually get a Manager before the end of next season as well.

11. Portsmouth

Simply not good enough to get here - can't win away either.

15. Norwich

I nearly spat my drink out when I read this. They do a West Brom - enjoy the ride, consolidate, and come back stronger in a few seasons.

Otherwise, your predications seem fair to me.

I wasn't saying Arsenal's 1st choice defense was Ok, I was just saying that in Central Defence they have no quality to step in for Toure and Campbell.If Lauren gets injured then Toure may have to play Right back and although he's slightly improved Cygan won't cut it at the top level.

The Tottenham prediction was difficult because I haven't a clue who the new manager is, if they could win a few matches away against the relegation candidates and win 65-70% of the home games then 8th place is perfectly achievable posistion.

I predicted Portsmouth and Norwich to finish so high because I feel that both teams are capable of winning home games against teams like Blackburn,Everton,Fulham and Middlesbrough but I can't see Palace and West brom doing that.Portsmouth also have a 12-15 goals a season striker in Yakubu which a lot of the teams down the bottom don't have.

In case anyone asks, I picked Everton to go down because they are starting remind me of Sunderland in 2001-2003, there's no money, they have an awful away record, their home form is getting worse and their star striker is playing on his own up front and looks like he wants a move.

CB-Gardner

LW-Jackson

CM-Redknapp

CM-Brown

Those lot there are a weakness and I doubt you'll see the top half of the table with them in the team (you conceded Tarrico already).

I don't see those players as weaknesses, to be honest. Gardner had a good season which saw him called up for the England squad, Jackson showed plenty of promise and became a fan favourite very quickly, Redknapp was great in the games he was fit for, especially at the end of the season and Brown is a good, battling midfielder. I'm looking forward to the new season, whoever our manager is.

CB-Gardner

LW-Jackson

CM-Redknapp

CM-Brown

I don't see those players as weaknesses, to be honest. Gardner had a good season which saw him called up for the England squad, Jackson showed plenty of promise and became a fan favourite very quickly, Redknapp was great in the games he was fit for, especially at the end of the season and Brown is a good, battling midfielder. I'm looking forward to the new season, whoever our manager is.

I call Ranieri.

Piss off

:(

Adam, its a p*mpey supporter, you cant expect me to be nice, anyway, heres my list.

1st. Arsenal

2nd. Man Utd

3rd. Chelsea

4th. Newcastle

5th. Liverpool

6th. Charlton(If the spend the Parker money wisely and hold onto Curbs)

7th. Southampton(If we get the players that are rumoured to be coming)

8th. Middlesborough(If they get Kleivurt)

9th. Villa(Last season was a fluke)

10th. Bolton

11th. Blackburn

12th. Fulham

13th. Birmingham

14th. Man City

15th. Everton

16th. Spurs

17th. P*mpey

18th. Norwich

19th. West Brom

20th. Crystal Palace

Tottenham have named France coach Jacques Santini as their new manager for next season.

Santini will take over at White Hart Lane after leading France at Euro 2004.

The move ends a long hunt by Tottenham officials for a new manager with the club being without a permanent replacement since Glenn Hoddle was axed last September.

Santini's future with France was uncertain as his deal was due to expire during the Euro 2004 finals in Portugal and no new deal was offered.

The former Lyon coach has a proven track record having led the club to the French title in 2001 and then guiding Les Bleus on a perfect run through Euro 2004 qualifying.

I think he is a good fit for Spurs based on what he started at Lyon before managing France. At least Spurs didn't nick our Manager and best player (again). That said, where ARE your England caps, Dean Richards?

Killer > Richards.

Piss off

:(

Adam, its a p*mpey supporter, you cant expect me to be nice, anyway, heres my list.

1st. Arsenal

2nd. Man Utd

3rd. Chelsea

4th. Newcastle

5th. Liverpool

6th. Charlton(If the spend the Parker money wisely and hold onto Curbs)

7th. Southampton(If we get the players that are rumoured to be coming)

8th. Middlesborough(If they get Kleivurt)

9th. Villa(Last season was a fluke)

10th. Bolton

11th. Blackburn

12th. Fulham

13th. Birmingham

14th. Man City

15th. Everton

16th. Spurs

17th. P*mpey

18th. Norwich

19th. West Brom

20th. Crystal Palace

No, but there's strict rules around this place mate.

*is a TSM veteran*

We are delighted to announce the appointment of Jacques Santini as Head Coach. Santini, currently in charge of the French national team, will join the Club after the European Championships in Portugal.

Commented Chairman Daniel Levy: "I am delighted that Jacques is joining the Club. He was the outstanding candidate because of his experience, coaching ability and track record at all levels. His arrival in addition to that of Frank Arnesen is the direct result of a comprehensive review of the football side of the Club. We now have a coaching set up in place that has experience in several different countries and an extensive knowledge of players across the world.

"As I have said on previous occasions, we were always going to make this appointment at the end of the European season as it was our aim to appoint a top European Coach. The Club and our fans have had to endure an unprecedented level of speculation regarding this appointment and this is undoubtedly due to the significant number of high calibre individuals who were interested in coming to Tottenham. The supporters have been very patient and for that I thank them. I hope that they now feel that their patience has been rewarded. With Jacques on board, an existing talented squad and further strengthening over the summer, we can now look forward to the start of next season with renewed optimism."

Tottenham Hotspur Sporting Director Frank Arnesen commented: "Jacques has a wealth of experience both as a player and as a coach. He has won honours at both national and international level and his reputation in Europe and amongst other respected figures in the game is excellent. In my opinion he was by far and away the best candidate short-listed for the position and I am very happy that we have succeeded in bringing him to the Club."

Commenting on his appointment, Jacques Santini said: "I am delighted to get the opportunity to join Tottenham Hotspur. I am an ambitious man and it has always been a dream of mine to coach a big English club in the most exciting league in the world. Tottenham Hotspur are a very big club, with a wonderful history and great traditions. Daniel and Frank have outlined their vision and I share their ambitions. I am determined to help the Club return to its place amongst the elite and look forward to joining after Euro 2004."

Credit-www.spurs.co.uk

That's fantastic news, I was worried about us going for ages without finding a manager, especially after Ranieri, who I thought would've been perfect for the job, joined Valencia. With a new director of football, who can buy players for the club while Santini is busy in Portugal, I'm looking forward to the coming months :D .

"I am delighted to get the opportunity to join Tottenham Hotspur. I am an ambitious man and it has always been a dream of mine to coach a big English club in the most exciting league in the world. Tottenham Hotspur are a very big club, with a wonderful history and great traditions. Daniel and Frank have outlined their vision and I share their ambitions. I am determined to help the Club return to its place amongst the elite and look forward to joining after Euro 2004."

That's fantastic news, I was worried about us going for ages without finding a manager, especially after Ranieri, who I thought would've been perfect for the job, joined Valencia. With a new director of football, who can buy players for the club while Santini is busy in Portugal, I'm looking forward to the coming months :D .

Is his contract really for 1 year? If that's true then I think Santini is hoping that by January Spurs are doing well then He'll do a deal with another club for the Summer of 2005 and the season will collapse, even if the deal is longer than a year Spurs are still likely to be a stepping stone for Santini.

I wouldn't have much faith in a guy who consistently picks Steve Marlet for his squad. :D

Seriously though, It's a good decision but why the crap about being "far and away the best candidate short-listed for the Job" when most people know that Giovanni Trappatoni was 1st choice before his wife put the block on a move to England and that Ranieri would probably have been appointed if he wished to manage the club?

Isn't Gross an international manager now?

No he's manager of FC Basle in Switzerland, they knocked Celtic and Liverpool out of the champions league in 2002, Liverpool's decline started soon after as they were 7 points clear in the league at the time and soon after they went through a 11 game spell without a win.

Gross actually did a pretty good job of making Basle the best team in Switzerland(not saying much since Grasshoppers Zurich are the only ones most people have heard of)

Leicester might be signing Gareth Williams from Forest according to the local press. He'll get some stick off their fans when we play them next season if its true.

With the rebranding of the Football League we're now in Division 1(league 1 technically) and it only took Tinnion 5 days to get us there which has to a record for a manager to get promoted that quick.

I think it was really clever to announce the change a few days before the start of a major championship in an attempt to let it slip by unnoticed.How long before the Conference becomes League 3? I actually wouldn't mind that because the top 10 in the Conference are far better than teams like darlington and deserve League status.

Next season is going to be weird with the changes in the Non Leagues as well, it took me years to remember all the leagues under the Conference and if it wasn't for the AFC Wimbledon thing I still wouldn't know.Getting the Unibond and Ryman in order was hard enough, now I have to know the Conference League 1 & 2 and work out which teams are from the North and which are from the South due to the Regional league.

Do you realise that if you are relegated from the Premiership, you are relegated to the "championship", what the fuck?

Division one becomes something like Championship League one or something stupid like that.

Anybody based in America want to give a scouting report on DaMarcus Beasley? He has been linked with Saints and while I don't think we need wingers, I have heard he is good. We've already had one bid knocked back, and I don't expect us to go back but wondered what he is like.

We're going to be in Europe next season!

Right?

So what's our league called?

With sponsorship it will probably be like this.

Division 1 = The Coca Cola Championship

Division 2 = Coca Cola League 1(only thing I can guess)

Division 3 = Coca Cola League 2

Guest frowned

Well Norwich got the fixture list for the coming season this week and it's a pretty yucky start:

August

14 Crystal Palace (H)

21 Man Utd (A)

25 Newcastle (A)

28 Arsenal (H)

September

11 Tottenham (A)

18 Aston Villa (H)

25 Liverpool (A)

looks like we're probably going to be rock bottom at the end of september.

and the rumours have been frigging ridiculous, we're either trying to be this years Portsmouth and attempting to sign people with "+ company zimmer frame" in their contracts or just people who are simply unattainable / have too high wage demands (ie this week's Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank rumour - yes, laugh away).

There are a couple of positives however, we've signed Arsenal's under-21 striker, Bentley on a season's loan - he might meld nicely with Mr Huckerby, and Worthington isn't shy about cutting the dead wood - lots of old players, people of whom I expected to be kept on just for the sake of it, are being given their marching orders and so there looks to be an ok amount of space for new signings over the coming weeks.

I'm not particularly optimistic about the current season, but I reckon 15/16th would be a decent enough achievement.

We've got a pretty crappy start to the season, playing decent but average sides such as villa, Charloton and so on, so I dont think we will make up a lot of points, december is the big month for us, we play lots of shit teams like Norwich.