TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

*be's extra nice*

How are my favourite people today? Morissey, how's my favourite Red? Anorak? You doin' Okay? BDeath, all good?

/suck up mode

I need people for my forum (link in sig)

:(

I'm ok, just depressed still at the dismal cup final, and looking forward to Euro 2004, i fucking hate the bbc adverts tho, and sorry Adam but Im busy running my own forum at the minute, I dont have any time for anymore

*be's extra nice*

How are my favourite people today? Morissey, how's my favourite Red? Anorak? You doin' Okay? BDeath, all good?

/suck up mode

You have your first Bristol City fan on your forum now.For your sake though you'd best hope we win on Sunday :P

its amazing that for an american board, the football thread has got more hits and replies than anything else

ah but thats just because its the end of the season, wait a couple of weeks

Guest sephjnr
*be's extra nice*

/suck up mode

You have your first Bristol City fan on your forum now.For your sake though you'd best hope we win on Sunday :P

And now you have another! :D

I'm going on Sunday; are you?

Argh, its an invasion of Bristol City fans, quick, bring out the Matt Le Tissier doll as protection.

*be's extra nice*

/suck up mode

And now you have another! :D

I'm going on Sunday; are you?

I'll be there, I wish it was Swindon against us though because I can easily see Brighton getting a 0-0 and winning on Penalties.

Like I've said beforee, Im so glad that I have never gone through the agony of a play off

How about all those times in the mid 90s when you needed to win on the last day to stay in the premier? One time I think you only survived on Goal Difference.

Well, that's Palace up for a year. There's no way they'll stay up - West Ham would've had a much better chance. Shipperly, Johnson and Freedman are just not good enough for the Premier League so they'll have to spend a lot, but can anyone see any decent players going to Palace? It's not like they've got a real tradition and history (yes, I know - typical Forest talking about history) to attract players.

At least it means I don't have to make the god awful trip to Selhurst Park next season.

Oh, and this weekend is the 25th anniversiry of Forest winning the European Cup for the first time. So to celebrate I though everyone on this forum could post a photo of their team lifting the European Cup. Here's John McGoven -

mcgoverncup.jpg

So I await the photo's of Derby, Bristol, Southampton, Leicester etc and their European Cup triumphs.... :P

Edit - Jesus, I've really got to stop living in the past.... ;)

Edited by Morrissey is God

Guest The Rising Star

Can you post NF's Robin Hood-logo? I can't find it anywhere.

So I await the photo's of Derby, Bristol, Southampton, Leicester etc and their European Cup triumphs.... :P

Edit - Jesus, I've really got to stop living in the past.... ;)

We were the first ever Southern club to finish second in the 1st Division in 1906-1907 and our only FA Cup Final was a few years after that(that's really living in the past)

BTW, the less said about today the better, I'm just glad Cardiff is only about 20 miles away and I'll say that from the City end it looked like the penalty was harsh(I saw the tv a minute ago and it was a pen) and that the game was much better if you were at the stadium whereas on TV it must have been awful.Read my post from last night and you'll see I was 99% right on my prediction.I bet the Sky commentators were talking about our "fantastic fans" and yet we average 11-12 thousand fans in a 20 thousand seater stadium.

Edit:Just read the BBC website, how the hell did Knight get 8/10, no player on that pitch deserved anything more than 7.

I would love to have Bridge back, hes a fucking great player

You can have Dean Richards back.....please?

How about all those times in the mid 90s when you needed to win on the last day to stay in the premier? One time I think you only survived on Goal Difference.

Actually, youd think it was a lot, but it only happened twice, but fuck me, it was nerve wracking every time, if we had gone down with the small capacity of the dell, fuck knows what could have happened

if we had gone down with the small capacity of the dell, fuck knows what could have happened

*sweet dreams are made of this*

Piss off pompey, we are in a much better situation then you could ever dream to be in

Guest The Rising Star

I have a feeling West Bromwich will go down to Div. 1 AGAIN next season.

Here's how I think the Premiership will finish next year.

1. Arsenal(Best attack in England will make up for the lack of defensive cover)

2. Chelsea(They need a World Class Striker to ever win the league)

3. Manchester United(I think they'll be fighting Liverpool for 3rd place for the next few years)

4. Liverpool(Benitez signs Ayala and Wright-Phillips but Owen leaves in summer of 2005)

5. Newcastle(they win the Worthington Cup but the crap defense lets them down in league)

6. Birmingham(about 9 teams have a chance to finish 6th)

7. Charlton

8. Tottenham

9. Aston Villa

10. Midddlesbrough

11. Portsmouth

12. Bolton

13. Southampton

14. Blackburn

15. Norwich

16. Manchester City

17. Fulham(They rely too much on Boa Morte and Malbranque and if they don't play well then Fulham struggle)

18. Everton(Teams finishing 17th usually go down the next season)

19. West Brom(not good enough)

20. Crystal Palace(Only Routledge and Johnson are premiership quality, the rest are either past their best or are players who try hard but lack quality)

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
1. Arsenal(Best attack in England will make up for the lack of defensive cover)

They may win it again, but its not because they have the best attack making up for an 'ok' defence.

8. Tottenham

And this club is proof of that. Jermaine Defoe didn't exactly fire them up the league, did he? No way they finish 8th. At this rate, no chance they actually get a Manager before the end of next season as well.

11. Portsmouth

Simply not good enough to get here - can't win away either.

15. Norwich

I nearly spat my drink out when I read this. They do a West Brom - enjoy the ride, consolidate, and come back stronger in a few seasons.

Otherwise, your predications seem fair to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we managed a decent position this year. Robinson is a good keeper, the new manager wont play Ledley King in midfield like Pleat did, and we've got good attacking options. Our basic first team is:

GK-Robinson

RB-Carr

LB-Tarrico (but hopefully we'll buy a new left back)

CB-King

CB-Gardner

RW-Davies

LW-Jackson

CM-Redknapp

CM-Brown

CF-Defoe

CF-Keane

Plus Doherty, Ricketts, Kanoute, Postiga and Keller all on standby, we've got a decent first team squad. Add some good summer signings and a new managerial regime and I can see us doing well this year.

Of course, I say that every year, but I'm feeling confident about the 2004-2005 season.