TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Ooh, someone changed the thread name.

Good show.

Yeah I asked the new mod too, seeing as it will be pre season for the 2004-2005 season soon, especially with euro 2004 this year.

Here's the Premiership team of the season.I can't argue with that team although Given and Shearer could be in place of the 2 Man united players.

Tim Howard (Manchester United), Lauren (Arsenal), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United).

If I was Norwich or West Brom I'd get some creative players for the premiership, Julio Arca would cost about 2 Million(if Sunderland don't go up) due to Sunderland's Financial problem and he can play Left Back if needed.

BTW does anyone on here play Championship manager?

Hands off Arca!

He's international class and without him we (Sunderland) wouldn't even be in the play offs. Especially with that whiny sack of shit Kevin Kyle up front.

Your pretty fortunate that no other clubs wanted him in the summer otherwise he'd have went on a free Transfer.

Well I'll personally be glad to see the back of the 2003-2004 season. Not only did I have to put up with Wales failing to qualify for the European championship (after I was convinced we would), but I had to endure being a Tottenham fan while Arsenal won the league title at White Hart Lane, while we still contend with relegation. Thank God for a last minute Robbie Keane penalty.

Oh, and great Champ Manager players- Andrew Martin of Crystal Palace is great, as is Ante Maletic, who is 100K from some Ukrainian team.

To start some friendly debate I think we should pick an England squad for Euro 2004.Here are the 23 men I would take to Euro 2004.I know that Wright-phillips and beattie have no chance of being selected since Eriksson will pick Jamie Carragher and Emile Heskey but what can you do if your manager has his "favourites".

David James

Paul Robinson

Robert Green

Ashley Cole

Wayne Bridge

John Terry

Sol Campbell

Jonathan Woodgate(if he's injured take Southgate if he's fit)

Gary Neville(Think he's crap but Beckham will get pissy without him)

Glen Johnson

Owen Hargreaves

Phil Neville(same as his brother)

Steven Gerrard

David Beckham

Paul Scholes

Frank lampard

Shawn Wright-phillips

Joe Cole

Scott Parker

Michael Owen

Wayne Rooney

Jermain Defoe

James Beattie

How the hell Robert Green apparant England material is beyond me. Does no one else remember him rolling the ball out only for Johno to nip in and score? Players who make errors like that should not be allowed anywhere near international football.

Not even James has done anything as bad as that (recently ;) )

It's either Green,Ian Walker or Chris Kirkland and ones injured,one plays in division 1 and another has never been as good as he was 10 years ago.Personally I'd get Carlo Cudicini to play for us, he's been here for more than 5 years and has never been capped for Italy.

What has happened to Glenn Johnson? Is he just warming the bench at Stamford Bridge or has he had an injury during the second half of the season?

Does anybody remember that post-match Liverpool clip from a few years ago when David James completely missed catching a water bottle thrown to him by Robbie Fowler, who was standing about two yards away from him? Not as good as the classic Zaire free-kick moment but still funny.

What has happened to Glenn Johnson? Is he just warming the bench at Stamford Bridge or has he had an injury during the second half of the season?

He's been kept out of the side by Mario Melchiot and sometimes Gallas plays right back.I think Johnson will go on loan to a club like Birmingham/Charlton/Fulham next season.I'd still rather have him in the squad than Danny Mills.

Guest frowned
How the hell Robert Green apparant England material is beyond me. Does no one else remember him rolling the ball out only for Johno to nip in and score? Players who make errors like that should not be allowed anywhere near international football.

Not even James has done anything as bad as that (recently ;) )

in the past season he has made up for that mistake 10-fold, in every game I've seen (which isn't admittedly many due to living in another country) he's pulled off at least 1 or 2 world-class game winning saves. Twas a silly mistake that ball thing - every keeper has at least one, look at Barthez - he was making them weekly at one stage but he's basically the hub of his team now.

On a lighter note - some one's gotta buy this!

God, how I wish that were genuine..although having a diseased liver lying about may not be the nicest thing to have in the house.

Hey, David Prutton is a good player, suprised you let him go for so cheap?

Prutts is one helluva player. However, his contract was up at the end of the last season and it was thought better to sell him for whatever we could get in January rather than have him go for free at the end of the season.

If you look at the stats, it all went wrong for us after he was sold. The day he left we were comfortably in 3rd place, with a great chance of catching up with Pompy and Leicester, but at the end of the season we'd *just* managed 6th place. And I don't need to say anything about this year really.

We all miss him down at City Ground :(

Not Sure if it's been on the News but according to someone on the BBC messageboards Gerard Hollier has had a lucky escape from a car crash, his was apparently in the Liverpool Echo.

Houllier in car crash Apr 28 2004

GERARD Houllier was involved in a car crash at a Liverpool roundabout this afternoon.

The Liverpool manager was driving his top-of-the range black Jaguar at Childwall Fiveways when he collided with a blue Ford Ka.

The accident happened at the busy junction in Queens Drive at 1.45pm.

Crowds gathered as Mr Houllier, 56, limped from his £58,000 Jaguar XKR coupe and stood by the roadside until the police arrived.

A force spokeswoman said the drivers had exchanged details and there was no need for a further investigation.

She said the police had not been made aware that anyone involved in the collision was injured.

The Ka's bumper was almost torn off and the wheel arch and bodywork were severely damaged.

Mr Houllier's car had only minor damage. After being interviewed by police at the scene, the Frenchman was allowed to get back into his car on a grass verge and drive away.

Mr Houllier, dressed in a dark blue suit, had been driving from Liverpool FC's training ground at Melwood in West Derby to his home in the south of the city when the crash happened.

The driver of the Ka, a man in his 40s, was spoken to by police as his car sat 20 yards behind Mr Houllier's on the verge.

An onlooker said: "He looked quite calm after the initial shock of the accident, and even signed a couple of autographs before he spoke to the police.

"The traffic really slowed down as everybody stared at Houlier while he was standing waiting for the emergency services."

Edit: Just heard it on Sky Sports News, I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

Edited by deancoles411

He's been kept out of the side by Mario Melchiot and sometimes Gallas plays right back.I think Johnson will go on loan to a club like Birmingham/Charlton/Fulham next season.I'd still rather have him in the squad than Danny Mills.

Anyday of the week, i've never rated Mills all that much.

Did anybody else think that was going to be a really long-winded, bad taste anti-Houllier joke? Sounds like a lucky escape.

This weekend's BIG question -

Will Big Fat Joe keep his promise and down a pint of Guiness in the center circle before kick off now he's kept us up?

Unfortunatly I think not.

Is it possible for the Sheep to be technically safe after this weeks games?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
Prutts is one helluva player. However, his contract was up at the end of the last season and it was thought better to sell him for whatever we could get in January rather than have him go for free at the end of the season.

Shame he hasn't been quite the player for Saints that Forest fans kept on telling me was going to be.

As far as I am concerned, Oakley, Delap, and now Folly are ahead of him in the centre of the pitch. Maybe even Svensson, who plays like a God for Sweden but Geoff Thomas for Saints. Though I will admit he has been wasted on the left (Marsden Mk 2 I think not). Basically, the jury is still out but £2.5m is a lot for Saints to pay for a utility midfielder. And is their a slower player in the Prem than Prutton?

Slow? He certainly wasn't noticable slower than anyone else in the 1st Division. The only fault anyone could find with him was his appauling shooting.

I have been disappointed with him though in the Premier League. I wasn't expecting a Jenas like impact, but I was amazed he hardly seemed to be picked for your lot. He really looked with us like a real box-to-box player who could easilly do it at a higher level.

But then again, in the first division Scott Gemmill was a real box-to-box player who looked like he could do it a higher level but was out of his depth in the Prem. But Prutts is definatly better than that. He obviously just misses the better type of fan you get at Forest :P

We need chris marsden and wayne bridge back, we are severly lacking on the left hand side, maybe if nice mr abramovich would give us back bridgey on a seaon long loan.......

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
What about Higginbotham?

He gets a much better rating imo. I was sceptical at the time (purchased from a Derby team struggling in Div 1) but he has proved to be good value. Never outstanding, but rarely makes a mistake. And with Le Saux injured all the time (good thing Chelsea are paying half his wages...) he has been pretty invaluable really.

And Crainey is about as good a you would expect a £250k player from Scotland to be...

Brilliant, just brilliant...

Reading striker Dave Kitson has hit out at the club and supporters for organising a "ginger day" tribute for Saturday's final home game of the season against West Brom.

Fans are planning to wear ginger wigs and orange t-shirts as a tribute to flame-haired Kitson and his ginger-haired team-mate Steve Sidwell.

Reading have been encouraging supporters to participate in the occasion and even announced that a local shop will sell ginger wigs at a discount.

But Kitson has accused the club of being "discourteous" by failing to ask his permission.

"I have spent all of my time going to places like Ninian Park and the New Den just getting harassed about the colour of my hair to the point where you want to fight back.

"So the last thing I need is 15,000 people, all in ginger wigs, drawing attention to it," he said.

"What would happen if it was two black players? Would the club ask the fans to do the same thing?

"It does cause offence to me and I would like to thank the club for not even asking me if I minded.

"I feel they should have had the courtesy of asking me.

"I know the fans mean well and it's all in fun. I hope they enjoy themselves but from my point of view it's something I can do without," Kitson told Reading's Evening Post.