TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Transfer Deadline Tomorrow!!

We tried to get David Prutton back on loan but didn't which is annoying.

On the plus side Mark Crossley has said he'd love to come back and apparantly we're interested... tomorrow will be interesting anyway.

So, you, having seen the game at Gay Pride, think Roche is the man to keep us up?

If anything Norm would give the A Block and Trent End a lift, not to mention the fat bastard would fill most of the goal anyway.

And whoever that sheep shagging cunt you have in goal is shit, fucking shit. If he wasn't he would've left like all your half decent players did.

We just tried to get Scott Murray back on Loan but Reading said no, we lost again tonight and our Season is falling apart as it usually does in the last 2 months of the season.

We've got Scott Murray back to the club for an Undisclosed Fee, hopefully he'll get goals to take the pressure away from our Forwards and I wonder how much of a loss(big hopefully) Reading made on the £650,000 deal.

Aye i got no gripes with todays results, we weren't expected to get anything from Sunderland, but we deserved at least a point, it's a step forward.

BIG game next weekend again, at home to Walsall.

Is that Adam Murray's brother?

Scott doesn't have a brother in football, he did ok on his return and his corner set up our goal on Saturday but we lost again and I'm starting to fear for our Play Off place.With Rovers winning and looking likely to stay up in Division 3 it hasn't been a good weekend for City fans.The "double" of us going into Division 1 and Rovers dropping into the Conference looks impossible now.

Yep, we have Walsall at home, if you lose at Sheffield United, which is entirely possible, and we can overcome Walsall at home (we have 17 points out of a possible 21 in the last 7 games at home) then we'll be above you again.

No you won't.

Pos Team Pld HW HD HL HF HA AW AD AL AF AA GD Pts

16 Nottingham Forest 39 7 7 6 30 23 4 5 10 20 29 -2 45

17 Rotherham United 38 7 7 5 25 21 4 5 10 17 30 -9 45

18 Walsall 39 7 7 6 26 27 4 5 10 15 25 -11 45

19 Burnley 38 7 6 5 28 22 3 8 9 22 40 -12 44

20 Watford 39 7 8 5 27 25 4 3 12 17 32 -13 44

21 Gillingham 38 9 1 8 21 22 3 7 10 18 31 -14 44

22 Derby County 39 8 5 6 29 29 2 7 11 14 32 -18 42

23 Bradford City 39 5 3 12 19 29 4 3 12 13 27 -24 33

24 Wimbledon 37 2 3 14 15 33 3 0 15 14 42 -46 18

Considering we have a goal difference that is +16 of yours I think it's safe to assume that no matter what happens on Saturday we will stay in our rightfull position of above you.

Is this yet more evidence that Derby people can't count???

Craptacular England.

Sweden have just gone one up, and I just had to stop watching.

I hate the fact Eriksson has agreed to stay, frankly I wish he had gone to Chelsea and fucked them up.

The fact that England have had the better of the match despite putting out one of the most negative looking England sides I've seen in a while, shows Eriksson knows nothing. If the negative line-up wasn't bad enough, Eriksson sends them out with a negative approach. The strikers have done everything themselves except for a token Hargreaves effort.

GK James

RB Carragher

LB P.Neville

D Woodgate

D Terry

RW Hargreaves

LW Thompson

M Gerrard

M BUTT

F Rooney

F Vassell (Defoe)

From that side: James is not good enough. I think this point has been proven enough by now. P.Neville has been proven substandard enough times. Carragher is not an international fullback, maybe Liverpool, but not internationally. The central defence I can't argue with. Hargreaves and Thompson, are central midfielders, THEY ARE NOT WINGERS! This is like the fifth time I've seen Hargreaves play on the wing, and he's not good enough there. BUTT is a holding player, but Gerrard can't be the creative midfielder, he runs from deep. Rooney and Defoe have looked hungry so I won't complain about them..

Why not give Jenas a chance as creative midfielder?

Why not try Wright-Phillips on the left?

Why not give Joe Cole a start too?

Eriksson can got to hell for all I care.

We could have chewed up and spat this avearge Swedish side if Eriksson had some balls.

Wright-Phillips and Samuel should have been given at least 75 minutes, Joe Cole should have got his first complete game since he played for West Ham, why pick 4 goalkeepers when he had no intention of taking James off? The second half was poor and the only player that stood out from both teams was Kallstrom of Sweden.

Time will tell (if he continues to improve and actually gets a proper chance) whether or not Wright-Phillips is truly a top class player capable of being a key England member but at the moment i love to see him play, he's so positive in how he attacks defenders and uses his pace and trickery. Personally i agree 100% with what Caboose said about Eriksson, i don't think he has the tactical nous or imagination to get the full results from a potentially very good England team.

Alan Smith needs to figure in the summer as well.

I'm pleased with the win over QPR, Plymouth lost and we were even talked about on Soccer Saturday(they must have had nothing to discuss) so It's been a pretty good day.

In UEFA, Chelsea defeats Arsenal (finally) after Wayne Bridge scoring the winner in the 87th winner.

Monaco upsetting Real Madrid with a 3-1 victory.

So its Chelsea vs Monaco in the semi

Guest jpclemmons

Another choke-job by the Arse. Once again showing why they will never be a european giant.

Here's a review of our vital game at the weekend,the Boos next to Thorpe and Cureton are due to Thorpe leaving us on a Bosman after we bought him for 1 Million and for Cureton playing for that other team in Bristol.

City had most of the possession in the 1st half, especially where it counted in the QPR danger zone. Most of us in the Atyeo stand thought that recalling Mickey Bell on the left was a clever idea as it gave us attacking options down the left as well as having Scott Murray on the right.Christian Roberts was also recalled to test QPRs more muscular but slow defenders in place of the muscular Rougier.

After a close 40 minutes in which the few chances went to City, including a super save from Camp from a Roberts header, QPR gave Scotty enough room to run at them just once and he ran into the danger zone, crossed for Roberts who cooly slotted home. The place was in uproar.

In the second half I thought QPR would change up a gear and come at us, giving Scott more room, but they didnt threaten much despite adding Thorpe (boo) and Cureton (boo) to their attack. The gaps did appear in the QPR defence though and Camp again did well to save a one on one with Murray when he broke through. Game was nearly drawn at 85mins when Thorpe (boo) shot and Phillips (yay) saved well.

We then showed Ian Holloway that his years of service to the Enemy had not been in vain.

"Cheer up Holloway, oh what can it mean? For a sad, gashead b******, from a S*** football team" (R*vers, not QPR).

Holloway to his credit was great fun waving to the City fans, QPR fans gave great support, but we deserved it and now it it game on once again.

If we go up I look forward to going to Forest and seeing us get revenge for the League Cup Semi Final Defeat of 1989, It was especially sad since We did the Hard Part of getting a 1-1 draw away and then we lose 1-0 at home(1st match I went to and you ruined it).