TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Noel Whelan has signed a month-long contract with Derby after impressing during a trial spell with the Rams.

The 29-year-old, released by Millwall, scored in two behind-closed-doors friendlies - a 1-0 win over Oxford and a 1-1 draw with Chesterfield.

Boss George Burley said: "We've been looking to add to the striking department because I feel we need to strengthen there."

Whelan will go straight into Derby's squad for Saturday's game at Reading.

Well, we're going to need somebody to replace Morris, but we've got four good forwards now, competition is never bad.

Meanwhile, first-choice goalkeeper Lee Grant, who made his 50th appearance in Wednesday's 2-0 win at home to Sheffield United, has signed a two-year contract extension.

Good, absolutely brilliant is Grant.

And we deserved the win, we played them off the park all game.

The Bristol City match away at Grimsby was called off,one of my friends called on his mobile on his way back from Grimsby and he wasn't in a good mood.

Guest jpclemmons
Chelski has bagged another talented English youngster

Scott Parker signs for Chelsea

He's the FIFTEENTH midfielder to sign for them :|

Reading 1 Derby 0 (2 minutes)

What a dumb move by Parker, from being a starter for a side in a champs league spot to probaly 6th on the depth charts as a midfielder for Chelski.

btw

How are the hammers doing??? they're my fav division one side and I wonder when Defoe will be transferred to one of the big clubs.

5-0!. At home!!. To Villa!!!!???

Not being good enough is one thing but simply giving up is quite another, absolutely shocking and disheartening. Guppy, Davidson, Bent etc can showed a professional attitude at least and deserved to wear the shirt. Character, guts and determination where the hallmarks of Brian Little's and Martin O'Neil's teams in the past decade. Foxes never quit they used to say, they quit after the first goal on saturday.

Looks like Morris is coming to Leicester instead of Sheff Utd, anything that helps stop a Neil Warnock side doing any good is fine by me. Never seen that much of him.

I haven't got a clue why Harry Redknapp would want John Curtis but he's gone.

Looks like Morris is coming to Leicester instead of Sheff Utd, anything that helps stop a Neil Warnock side doing any good is fine by me. Never seen that much of him.

I haven't got a clue why Harry Redknapp would want John Curtis but he's gone.

Little late now!

*plugs his forum in his sig... let's make a better footy thread there...*

Guest frowned
...anything that helps stop a Neil Warnock side doing any good is fine by me. Never seen that much of him.

damn right - talk about bitching like a little girl when we beat them at the weekend. Sheff Utd fans seem to be wankers too - read about them going about trying to kick off in Norwich City centre after the match.

That Tottenham against Man City match shows why we have the best Sport in the world.Tottenham have now lost after having 3 Goal leads at Half Time to both Manchester clubs at home.

Guest jpclemmons
That Tottenham against Man City match shows why we have the best Sport in the world.Tottenham have now lost after having 3 Goal leads at Half Time to both Manchester clubs at home.

Yeah, I was cheering Man City on in the final minutes(cause I hate the Spurs). What a game!

FINALLY CABOOSE... HAS COME BACK TO THE DIVISION ONE THREAD!

Some thoughts I have gathered in my absence...

Good luck to Chopra at Forest, as a Derby fan I hate Forest fan, but as both a Newcastle fan and an Indian, I wish Chopra all the best so he can come back to Newcastle more experienced and set an example for other budding Asian footballers.

Considering I am a Derby fan living in Leicester, you cannot believe the stick I've been getting for Lee Morris joining The Foxes. Well fuck you Leicester fans, you'll be playing in Division One next season, and hopefully Derby still will be too.

Bobby Robson might finally have gone completely senile. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him gone, but selling Solano to Villa for only £1.5 Million? Nobby is probably the best right-winger in the Premiership. You just have to look at the way Newcastle struggled to make ANY chances against Liverpool in the second half of the 4th round FA Cup tie. Also, Lee Bowyer cannot and will not be able to replace Solano on the right and Darren Ambrose is almost completely unproven. And Michael Bridges!? What the fuck is that about!

Congratulations to Gary Speed for today. 400 Premiership appearances is nothing to be scoffed at.

COME ON YOU RAMS! THRASH THOSE CHOKERS TODAY!

Derby 2 - 2 Cardiff.

Fuck.

Just as long as Forest keep losing, and they are already 1-0 down to Coventry.

I never thought I'd say this, but COME ONE THE SKY BLUES!