TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Surely Gillingham will be one of the two to go down with Rotherham, they were absolutely shite on saturday. Probably the worst side i've seen down at Leicester this season.

Michael Ricketts.

Remember him?

He's at Leeds now.

So's Julian Joachim, I can remember when him and Dion Dublin were getting 30 goals a season between them in the premier(think it was 98-00) for Villa, I'm surprised he never got an England cap.

Edit: Bellamy to Stoke on Loan on the bbc site is the best rumour I've heard in ages, shame it'll never happen, seeing him at the same club as Ade Akinbiyi and Tony Pulis(former manager of ours who lasted 6 months, was chosen ahead of Peter Taylor and who turned down signing Lua-Lua for 250k) would be great.

Edited by deancoles411

We'd have Bellers, we need another striker now Super Gaz Taylor has magically became a center half.

Plus down in Megoland, Comedy Frank with his moustache and flat cap won't be joining due to "family reasons" - he wants more money.

Michael Ricketts.

Remember him?

He's at Leeds now.

So's Julian Joachim, I can remember when him and Dion Dublin were getting 30 goals a season between them in the premier(think it was 98-00) for Villa, I'm surprised he never got an England cap.

Edit: Bellamy to Stoke on Loan on the bbc site is the best rumour I've heard in ages, shame it'll never happen, seeing him at the same club as Ade Akinbiyi and Tony Pulis(former manager of ours who lasted 6 months, was chosen ahead of Peter Taylor and who turned down signing Lua-Lua for 250k) would be great.

Joachim was tipped as a future international when he was a youth player and still a teenager at Filbert Street. Never really came close to developing into the top class player some thought he would however. He was fast and scored the odd spectacular goal but his all round ability wasn't up to scratch and he never had a footballing brain. Remember seeing him for Leicester reserves once and he was just a head down & run for the corner flag type player.

Soton better have plans for Kenwyn Jones, cos they wouldn't even extend his loan to the owls. Bugger. Still, let's remember the seven goals in the seven games he played for the club. He's practically become a cult figure inside a month.

Soton better have plans for Kenwyn Jones, cos they wouldn't even extend his loan to the owls. Bugger. Still, let's remember the seven goals in the seven games he played for the club. He's practically become a cult figure inside a month.

That happened with Leon Osman last season, he stayed for three months, the fans saw a player who could, er, play, and every game was filled with 'Leon For Derby' chants.

At least, he's doing well at Everton now.

As for Joachim, he's one of those players who ALWAYS seems to score against Derby.

Like Brian Deane.

OK this thread is WAAAYYYY too long for me to look through to see if I can find anything on this (I imagine there is somewhere) but I thought this was interesting.

9-Year-Old Soccer Phenom Attracts Scouts

Thu Jan 27, 2:13 PM ET

By TALES AZZONI, Associated Press Writer

SAO PAULO, Brazil - At this rate, sonograms will become a soccer recruiting tool pretty soon. Jean Carlos Chera, a 9-year-old who is 4-foot-6, is attracting interest from Manchester United and other top European teams.

Chera, who weighs 77 pounds, currently plays for the youth teams of Associacao Desportiva Atletica, a small club in the southern Brazilian state of Parana.

"Seven or eight European clubs have already contacted us to know more about Jean," team president Adilson Batista Prado said in a telephone interview Thursday. "They want to know what he is all about, and I tell them he's a phenomenon, probably the best player to come out of Brazil."

Prado and team officials would not identify all the clubs interested in Jean, but confirmed that representatives of Manchester United have asked for videotapes of his matches.

Prado said teams from Portugal, France and Germany have made contact, and local media identified FC Porto as one of the teams.

The club said the European clubs haven't made official offers yet, but some have asked for permission to send representatives, and others have invited the midfielder and his family to go to Europe.

"He still needs to be a kid," said Prado, who does not allow Jean to talk to reporters.

Jean began to attract attention after the club put videos with highlights of Jean's matches on its Web site. In the videos, Jean is seen scoring goals from midfield, dribbling past several defenders and playing among 13- and 14-year-olds.

After the videos were posted, the site's page views nearly tripled and some of them had to be removed to keep the site from crashing, the club said.

Two years ago, Manchester and Inter Milan were among top clubs that expressed interest in then 14-year-old Freddy Adu, who signed Major League Soccer instead. European clubs generally are not allowed to use players from outside the European Union (news - web sites) on their first teams until they turn 18.

9 YEARS OLD?! And if you think it's just a lot of smoke and mirrors, here's a link to some of his highlights. I would actually watch this kid play when he gets older.

East Stirling 3 Queen's Park 1

We put in our worst performance in years against the worst league team ever and Sky Sports were at the game, would you believe it.

Ruined my weekend.

East Stirling 3 Queen's Park 1

We put in our worst performance in years against the worst league team ever and Sky Sports were at the game, would you believe it.

Ruined my weekend.

How are you doing in the league?

Aim for a cup run, you may have an outside chance in next years Champions League.

Currently fourth with three teams breathing down our neck. Out the Scottish Cup in the 2nd round. Best we can do this year is 4th. Shame how one weekend can alter your view of a team's abilities.

As I txtd Adam this weekend, that second half of Pompey Fucking Scum Skate Cunts vs Saints was one of the best halfs of football for me personally ever, you can all get fucked right off you filthy motherfucking scum skates

Oh and Camara was a cheating cunt, who dived for the first penalty, and tried to dive again, grabbed the ball and was sent off for deliberate handball, typical fucking skate cunt, always has to cheat, and he was found out, and the second penalty was a penalty, the stupid motherfucking skate cunt went out with his hand right out, dumb motherfucker, still its all youd expect from some dumb skate cunt

As I txtd Adam this weekend, that second half of Pompey Fucking Scum Skate Cunts vs Saints was one of the best halfs of football for me personally ever, you can all get fucked right off you filthy motherfucking scum skates

Oh Dave, I forgot to tell you, I have a new number.

But thanks for the text :P

Arse 2 Manchester United 4.

Any thoughts anyone?

Tsk, premier league?

Bunch of lady boys and rapists showing off for the TV cameras. Bastards.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Are Spurs just signing every player that shows half an interest?

Can't wait to see what great buys Forest make with whatever Megson's allowed from the £8million.

Apparently his first bid has been for the Rotherham goalie. Yeah, he'll keep us up.

Are Spurs just signing every player that shows half an interest?

Can't wait to see what great buys Forest make with whatever Megson's allowed from the £8million.

Apparently his first bid has been for the Rotherham goalie. Yeah, he'll keep us up.

All 32 years of age of him <3

Arse 2 Manchester United 4.

Any thoughts anyone?

Tsk, premier league?

Bunch of lady boys and rapists showing off for the TV cameras. Bastards.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...

This, and the picture of Megson thinking of his career going down... Fits perfectly <3