TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EL DANDY~!

The Official "Latino Heat is God" thread

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, I hope you REALLY like Eddy, guys.

Because last week on SmackDown! he cut the balls off Benoit and basically proved that Benoit doesn't have the charisma to run in the upper echelon. Ironic that Eddy was the one to do it. I mean, hell, BILLY GUNN got more heat against Eddy then Benoit did.

Guest TonyJaymzV1
Most people know a really annoying wigger kid who talks a lot of smack. Ditto a seedy Mexican who is ultra worried about his car and gets pissed easy.

...you just named my brother...

and I'm irish...

Guest cabbageboy

How did Eddie cut the balls off of Benoit? Is it Eddie's fault that Benoit has mediocre mic skills? That the crowd cheered him anyway despite his cheating?

Besides, if Eddie is going to get a world title feud sometime soon then he'll likely job the US to Benoit.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Well, I hope you REALLY like Eddy, guys.

Because last week on SmackDown! he cut the balls off Benoit and basically proved that Benoit doesn't have the charisma to run in the upper echelon. Ironic that Eddy was the one to do it. I mean, hell, BILLY GUNN got more heat against Eddy then Benoit did.

Could you elaborate on this... I'm not really following how he "proved Benoit doesn't have enough charisma"

Guest Patorick

In any event, hasn't Eddie jobbed to the crossface enough already in the WWFE? Benoit's already beaten Eddie on Raw (a few weeks prior to WMX7) and at last years Armageddon. Third time lucky, surely, for Latino Heat.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Yeah, because the WWE and their fans ALWAYS are up to date on past events and history.

Guest deadbeater

Eddy G finally got his great catchphrase to click with the fans--Cheat 2 Win. He does it cleverly, like a trickster. Fans like that.

Um, yeah, that's most likely because Eddie was a face and Team Angle were getting massively over as heels at the time.

"Massively over" ? Exaggeration much? The crowd _jumped out of their seats_ when Eddie hit the ref with a chair, threw it to Haas, and the ref Dq'd Team Angle. People were throwing their hands up and pounding their fists. This was no mere Face/Heel Dynamic, this was something that blew the crowds' mind.

This should be treated like Austin, have Eddie go against cookie cutter faces and cheat. He can do the same with heels, it doesn't matter, but he should not compromise his cheating.

What?! No face/heel dynamic? Are you insane? You all always bash marks for cheering faces and booing heels and basically being marks when it's convenient, and now you're conveniently ignoring that by making Eddie into some type of phenomenon that defies mark behavior? If Eddie had been a heel going against Angle or Brock, that shit would not have flown. But, he was a face going against Team Angle who ARE massively over. People hate them. People were getting on the Eddie/Tajiri bandwagon. Put those two together and you get the reaction that happened during the match. Stop trying to act like this is going to create the next Austin.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Stop trying to deny that it might create the next Austin.

It won't. The reaction he got on SD! was due to him totally outclassing Benoit in the promo department, the hispanic heavy venue, and the clever (for now) match tactics. And despite all that, he still got a mixed reaction, there were times he was getting mostly boos. People cheered HHH in 2001 as a heel, in fact his pops were TWICE as loud as Eddie's and no one was calling him the next Austin. Hell, HHH still gets huge face heat now, and he DEFINATELY will not be the next Austin. Kane gets bigger pops than HHH and he's arguably RAW's top heel. Cena gets pops and so does Jericho. No one is claiming these guys will be the next Austin. You all just took a little good news and ran with it. The fact that Eddie may not be able to sustain these reactions if he goes against someone like Brock or Angle has not been brought up.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

What?! No face/heel dynamic? Are you insane?

I said "no MERE face/heel dynamic". To explain THAT reaction (did you even SEE it??) on just "oh, they're cheering the faces" is completely ignoring the intensity of it.

You all always bash marks for cheering faces and booing heels and basically being marks when it's convenient, and now you're conveniently ignoring that by making Eddie into some type of phenomenon that defies mark behavior?

The fuck? Who has ever bashed the fans for cheering who they like? This went above and beyond "mark behaviour". This was the crowd having their minds blown. They literally jumped up from their seats. How many times do you see that?? That's not "typical".

If Eddie had been a heel going against Angle or Brock, that shit would not have flown.

Of course, it's a gimmick. A mid-card gimmick. It would be like Rikishi stinkfacing Brock, the crowd wouldn't respond has they would Rikishi stinkfacing Jamie Knoble.

But, he was a face going against Team Angle who ARE massively over. People hate them.

No. "Massively Over" is Austin in Calgary in 1997. Team Angle was not and are not getting a tenth of that heat. You might want to recheck your standards.

People were getting on the Eddie/Tajiri bandwagon. Put those two together and you get the reaction that happened during the match. Stop trying to act like this is going to create the next Austin.

You obviously haven't seen the reactions. Did you hear those "Eddie" chants? Even when they are trying to push him as a heel he gets cheered. Now, he couldn't be at the extreme height that Austin was at because the wrestling industry is at a different place right now, but the concept remains the same. As strange as it was for someone like Austin in 1996/97 to get cheered, it's as strange as today for someone like Eddie. The crowd *digs* this. For the first time in a while they actually dig something, A LOT. Will the WWE capitalize on this to its full potential? I doubt it. But it would be nice if they did.

>>>I said "no MERE face/heel dynamic". To explain THAT reaction (did you even SEE it??) on just "oh, they're cheering the faces" is completely ignoring the intensity of it.<<<

Yes, I saw it. It was a huge face pop. I think you're exaggerating the intensity of it however. Also, it plays into the fact that Team Angle were always cheating themsevles and finally they were outsmarted. The crowd loved two heels getting their just deserts. If Brock or Angle had done it, it would have been the same. This is no "Eddie Phenomenon." Also, if you reverse it and Eddie was going against the face tandem of Brock and Angle, he would have gotten HUGE heat for getting them disqualified. Do you honestly believe the reaction would have been the same as it was against Team Angle?

>>>The fuck? Who has ever bashed the fans for cheering who they like? This went above and beyond "mark behaviour". This was the crowd having their minds blown. They literally jumped up from their seats. How many times do you see that?? That's not "typical".<<<

Ever read the monthly "I was at a show with a mark" posts? Also, people jump from their seats when HHH comes out. HHH is no phenomenon, he's just a heel that never loses. People jump out of their seats for Kane and he commited the two biggest sins in wrestling by burning JR and brutally assaulting Linda. People popped for this, so yes, it is quite typical. People are into cool heels it seems, as long as the faces they go against aren't universally loved and respected in the ring (Brock/Angle).

>>>Of course, it's a gimmick. A mid-card gimmick. It would be like Rikishi stinkfacing Brock, the crowd wouldn't respond has they would Rikishi stinkfacing Jamie Knoble.<<<

Face/Heel dynamic. Rikishi-Face, Brock-Face. No way. Rikishi-Face, Noble-Heel. Okay. Eddie-Face, Team Angle-Heels. Okay.

>>>No. "Massively Over" is Austin in Calgary in 1997. Team Angle was not and are not getting a tenth of that heat. You might want to recheck your standards.<<<

We have different standards. Shit, people believe that Jericho is massively over and Team Angle gets more heat than him.

>>>You obviously haven't seen the reactions. Did you hear those "Eddie" chants? Even when they are trying to push him as a heel he gets cheered.<<<

Alot of people get cheered as heels. Rock, Cena, Brock about a year ago....the list goes on. The Eddie gimmick is good, but it's NOT some phenomenon, in fact, it's pretty commonplace in the WWE.

You people are all missing the point. Yeah, he was over against Team Angle, but he didn't get really over until he turned heel on Tajiri. Now he gets Eddie chants constantly and the fans pop huge every time he beats a babyface. Angle's the only person on Smackdown who gets a better response than Eddie does. The fans like the gimmick because it's fresh and clever, and when the writers tried to tell them that they should boo him, they basically gave out a resounding "Hell no." Then when you add in the lowrider and his new hilarious promos, of course he's gonna get cheers.

I'm not saying that he's World Title material right now, but a two or three month run with the US Title would be an excellent idea. What they need to do for now is give him an extended feud with Benoit, so that he'll still be the "heel" and the fans will feel like they're making the decision to cheer him. Then, after the feud's done, Eddie will be an extremely over upper-midcard face, and Benoit will once again be a lethal heel.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Yes, I saw it. It was a huge face pop. I think you're exaggerating the intensity of it however.

No. That place went WILD. People were jumping, pumping their fists as if their town got the olympics or something.

Also, it plays into the fact that Team Angle were always cheating themsevles and finally they were outsmarted. The crowd loved two heels getting their just deserts.

The crowd cheered when the _faces_ (Rhyno) got cheated on. And I believe Team Angle were playing it straight at the time they were cheated on. This was a face blatently cheating, and pinning it on the heels. Something that does *not* happen every day in the WWE. Faces have given the heels their "just deserts" in the past (say, by using a chair the heel brought in, ducking when two heels double team) and did not get THAT reaction from the crowd. The fans were chanting "CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT" for Eddie! How clear is that?

If Brock or Angle had done it, it would have been the same. This is no "Eddie Phenomenon."

I agree and disagree. It would have gotten a sizable reaction, but this has been Eddies schtick for months, it just finally came into play and the fans realized the brilliance of Cheat 2 Win.

Also, if you reverse it and Eddie was going against the face tandem of Brock and Angle, he would have gotten HUGE heat for getting them disqualified.

Again, Brock and Angle are Main Eventers. They are two of the most over guys on the roster. Eddie's C2W is a mid-card gimmick, it doesn't belong in the main event. Tainting a tag title match and tainting a world title match are two different things.

Do you honestly believe the reaction would have been the same as it was against Team Angle?

No, but it would have been the same against La Res.

Ever read the monthly "I was at a show with a mark" posts?

They're monthly posts? And do these posts consist of "I can't believe he cheered Nowinski, what an idiot??". I've heard, "The people behind me were loud and would call ____ a fag", but that gets into general annoyance rather that something to do with "being a mark"

Also, people jump from their seats when HHH comes out. HHH is no phenomenon, he's just a heel that never loses.

No, they get up from their seats. The occasional person marks out. They don't act like they won the Superbowl like the fans who saw Eddie C2W did. Seriously, you are underestimating the intensity of the pop that finish got. I was blown away by it.

People jump out of their seats for Kane and he commited the two biggest sins in wrestling by burning JR and brutally assaulting Linda.

*checks calander* Yeah, it was about time for the periodical JR beating. You are mistaking "jump" with rise, or even quickly rise. I saw people jumping up and down ala Kobashi/Kikuchi vs. Furnas/Lefon.

People popped for this, so yes, it is quite typical.

No, THAT was NOT typical.

People are into cool heels it seems, as long as the faces they go against aren't universally loved and respected in the ring (Brock/Angle).

I agree. Eddie is the anti-hero.

Face/Heel dynamic. Rikishi-Face, Brock-Face. No way. Rikishi-Face, Noble-Heel. Okay. Eddie-Face, Team Angle-Heels. Okay.

But you were the one saying Eddie would get boo'd if he did that against Angle or Brock, I agreed. I said C2W is a mid-card gimmick, and used Rikishi's stinkface as another mid-card gimmick that was very over for a period of time as a parallel to C2W. However, Eddie is a better worker and the fans take to his matches much better than they do with Rikishis, thus making a better base to build from.

We have different standards. Shit, people believe that Jericho is massively over and Team Angle gets more heat than him.

Evidently. I don't think Jericho is massively over either. But the difference between Jericho and TA and the difference between TA and Austin in Calgary in 1997 are worlds apart.

Alot of people get cheered as heels. Rock, Cena, Brock about a year ago....the list goes on.

I don't think Eddie is a heel. The fans cheer him, he's a face. Besides, I haven't heard a "cena" chant as strong as the eddie chants on smackdown.

The Eddie gimmick is good, but it's NOT some phenomenon, in fact, it's pretty commonplace in the WWE.

How is it commonplace? The last gimmick that I can recall that got over _near_ Eddies level is the hurricanes. And that was in 2001. And that wasn't really close, and the WWE has been trying to make eddie a heel for the past few weeks. I can't recall anyone saying "can you blame me" and the crowd saying "NO!", I can't remember people chanting for someone to cheat, or even do their gimmick. Well, besides Austin...

The fans are supposed to hate him, but every heel mannerism he does is cheered by the fans.

It worked for Austin.

it wasn't like Eddie was getting Austin '98-'99 face pops.

Eddie was blowing the roof off the Fresno arena no matter what he did or said. The pop was insane.

Cena would suck as a face

It didn't work for him last year (Reason for him getting the white rapper gimmick), but he's been getting over recently.

The fact that a fucking FACE blatantly cheated and got away with it was the ice breaker that set this chain reaction off...

The moment he turned on Tajiri was when he went back to being a heel. Sure, he apologized the following week, but of course it was not sincere.

On a side note, Jericho has been a heel for almost TWO YEARS, and I've yet to see the 1998 WCW Jericho everyone was raving about.

The fact he kept making fun of all his opponents especially with their names, had a five month reign as CW champ, had Jericho Personal Security a.k.a. Ralphus, almost won all his matches cleanly using the Liontamer, and used the great rulebook legal loopholes during those days. I'm sad to know you missed out on some great times. I doubt WWE would ever bring back those methods.

nonono.jpg

Edited by Rico_Constantino

Guest Choken One

I *STILL* get confused reading RRR's replies as I can't remember which statements are his...

and if he is replying to me by any chance.

Guest Choken One

I know that but I always get confused trying to remember it all the time...

Guest TheGame2705

I know alot of people who like Cena and it's primarily because they themselves are the ones that use "for shizzle my nizzle" or find it funny.

What is happening isn't the new Austin so much as its the new Rock. Austin would never cater to fans to get over. In fact, what got him to be a face was getting his ass beat by Bret Hart. Eddy, much like The Rock, is supposed to be a heel but acts like a face at times and thus the fans go along with it.