TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Shane's not the bad McMahon at all

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Fuck it. I don't care who has job to Kane at the PPV. They've had the opportunity to make him as the biggest fucking monster, but blew it a couple times (JR's BBQ & Shane's McBeatdown). Shane is entertaining, & in the eyes of marks, he poses somewhat of a threat (not a big one, but the fans do remember his major bumps & things like that, not to mention RVD & others couldn't get it done against Kane). I don't know why it's happening, i don't care why it's happening, i just want it to be entertaining. RVD has been damaged goods for nearly a year now, & it sucks an athelete of his caliber isn't going to have a meaningful role in the show, but i don't fucking care as long as i'm entertained.

As for non-wrestlers, no more than 2 at a time, varying on individual entertainment value. Does that mean they should be involved in anything more than the occasional tag match? Hell no. What made Vince's character as the billionaire manipulator was the fact he didn't get in the ring often (until the '99 Rumble, which is the PERFECT argument against non wrestlers not named Flair). So in short, i'm fine with a couple depending on entertainment value, otherwise fuck em.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Oh yeah Vince put over Flair....I forgot about that. I was surprised he did the job honestly...and I was surprised he did it to Hogan.

I was afraid he was going to beat up Kane tonight to.

Guest Gatornibs

It didn't ruin Kane's push at all. He no sold everything and it ended with him popping up and laughing...

Guest XdojimeX

"That's a different matter, and one that can't be pinned right to this occurence with Shane, a non-wrestler who is quite entertaining and "pays dues" in his matches."

Oh thats rich. The McMahon runt ain't nothing but a glorified bush league bump freak that has workers bump for his pedestrian offense and shitty gimmicked spots while he gets his rocks off "performing" on daddy's tv show. Pays dues my ass. You ever see him paying those dues on the house show circuit?

My god. You people will complain about anything. Shane McMahon's awesome. I marked out like crazy for him, as did a bunch of other people who will be tuning into Raw next week despite how boring the bulk of the show was.

The guy hasn't had more than an occasional apperance on the show in over a year and a half, and when he comes in, you all bitch about him hogging the show? What the fuck is up with that? So he's not a fulltime wrestler. He's more entertaining than 90% of the people that are. And it's not just bumps, he actually has acting talent. If RVD or Booker T could sell righteous rage half as good as Shane can, they'd have some kind of World Title run in the WWE by now. What they did tonight was give the fans something to mark for before Kane eventually destroys Shane. That doesn't kill Kane's monster persona, it adds to it.

I like how the same people that bitch that HHH is hurting himself by not letting his opponents get over say Kane's whole persona will be KILLED if Shane gets some offense with a steel chair before they have their actual match. The goal of the WWE isn't to make sure every wrestler gets as much time as possible, as many paychecks as possible, and looks as good as possible. It's to entertain people. If a ton of people want to tune in to see Shane vs. Kane in a TV main event, (and it will be a TV main event), then good. The WWE has achieved it's goal.

The money match for Summerslam, even though no one believes it's gonna happen, is still Kane vs. Austin. RVD might be left off the card, but with how deep the talent roster is, you can't put every deserving person on the joint PPV. What everyone who's complaining about Shane needs to do is stop overanalyzing how much money someone's gonna earn at a PPV, how much they might get over, and just enjoy the parts of the show that are good.

Guest Nater

Everybody complaining about Shane right now should rethink that.

Shane vs. Angle are classic matches.

Shane is not a wreslter, he is a performer. That is what matters.

If you are so concerned about who is eatting up PPV time, think about who is wasting it AND IS a wrestler. They dont have half the charisma/energy that Shane does.. maybe because he isnt busting his ass 6 days a week, but he still busts his ass when called for.

Right now, who better than Shane?

If somebody violated your mother like Kane did.. wtf would YOU do???

Guest bort

i like shane, i think hes better than 50% of the raw wrestlers.his matches with kurt angle and test were really good. i would rather watch him than most, LA Resitance or shane. id rather get shane on a ppv than them or most other. heck i think the shane kane match would be better than RVD kane.....shnae look to have put some muscle on too,

Guest Dynamite Kido
And then Kane no- sold it at the end. Plus, Shane actually PUTS OVER TALENT, and knows when to STAY OFF TV, unlike the rest of the family.

That and the fact that when he does wrestle he seems to bust his ass, those are the only reason he is tolerated in my mind.....

Guest Goodear

Anglesault is totally right, bringing in Shane at this juncture is a complete mistake. Kane has been rebuilt quite well over the last few weeks but hasn't yet gone out there and won a match yet in convincing fashion. To make the first one against Shane really doesn't help his push. Beating Kane would be unthinkable at this point and beating Shane won't make Kane look any better either since ... well... who hasn't beaten Shane? It's really a lose-lose situation from a booking perspective.

Guest Retro Rob

I see that my original post was no-sold.

How does Kane sitting up after four chairshots and taking a bump that is generally sold like the plague itself make him look like less of a monster?

That fall that he took is usually sold for a long time. Fucking Bischoff missed an entire week because of it. Kane sat up in five seconds and you are all complaining.

As for Shane being on the PPV instead of a wrestler. Does RVD really need to get squashed again?

Guest Goodear

How does Kane sitting up after four chairshots and taking a bump that is generally sold like the plague itself make him look like less of a monster?

Because it was Shane McMahon who did it when for the last four weeks no one has been able to stand up to Kane in the slightest. But when a Shane runs out, we're supposed to believe that Kane is going to head for the hills and then get chaired off the stage? Think about what you'd think if Vince did the same thing to new WWE Champion Kurt Angle and you'd be closer to the point of the complaints.

As for Shane being on the PPV instead of a wrestler. Does RVD really need to get squashed again?

The options aren't just Shane getting squashed and RVD getting squashed if you know what I'm saying. I'm sure Shane will do something nutty that Kane will have to sell in some sort of no holds barred match. Why can't they do something similiar with Rob that might get both guys more heat like the hardcore title matches between The Undertaker and RVD did? No one is going to think Rob's a weakling if he gets chokeslammed off the stage for a loss. But when RVD gets punked out by Kane in favor of Shane, he's got major problems.

Guest Raven_Effect01
But when RVD gets punked out by Kane in favor of Shane, he's got major problems.

Right, because Shane, a non-wrestler, being able to get an advantage over Kane makes a WRESTLER like RVD look weak, and it's really sad. Damn McMahons.

Guest Retro Rob

Because it was Shane McMahon who did it when for the last four weeks no one has been able to stand up to Kane in the slightest. But when a Shane runs out, we're supposed to believe that Kane is going to head for the hills and then get chaired off the stage? Think about what you'd think if Vince did the same thing to new WWE Champion Kurt Angle and you'd be closer to the point of the complaints.

The options aren't just Shane getting squashed and RVD getting squashed if you know what I'm saying. I'm sure Shane will do something nutty that Kane will have to sell in some sort of no holds barred match. Why can't they do something similiar with Rob that might get both guys more heat like the hardcore title matches between The Undertaker and RVD did? No one is going to think Rob's a weakling if he gets chokeslammed off the stage for a loss. But when RVD gets punked out by Kane in favor of Shane, he's got major problems.

1) No one else has assaulted Kane with a chair FROM BEHIND either. He didn't sell one of the shots, he just lost his balance.

2) Shane will probably take one big bump, but I doubt Kane will truly sell for him. He might go down, but he will sit right up.

Guest Trivia247

Its now being rumored that Shane got the upper hand so quickly and decisively because Kane was getting too many Face pops and they needed Shane to get the big Pop so Kane would look heelish next to him.

the laughing at the end was to safe face. bleh

Guest humongous2002

Kane selling for the boss' son instead of RVD is very counterproductive for this angle, the majority of fans with a brain in their head are not going to believe that Shane who is not a wrestler punked out Kane with just a chair, Kane was practically running away from Shane , meanwhile with RVD he didn't sell anything that Rob threw at him, making RVD look like a defenseless rag doll.

I just laugh my ass off with some of the comments people post in this forum about marking out for Shane, and that he would be a better choice to feud with Kane than RVD, one of the main reasons they use to back up their ideas is the fact that Shane does those highspots and that he bumps like crazy, two things that RVD could do 100 times better with his arms tied behind his back and blindfolded.

Then they talk about Rob being damaged goods without pointing that Kane was in a worst situation than RVD was with the Katie Vick angle and look at him now he is back as a super monster heel, so if they could do it with Kane then it wouldn't be too hard to do it with Rob, but as we all know Vince and HHHomo will try their best to bury a very talented wrestler that could make them money, well that's their loss as much as it is ours.

Its now being rumored that Shane got the upper hand so quickly and decisively because Kane was getting too many Face pops and they needed Shane to get the big Pop so Kane would look heelish next to him.

the laughing at the end was to safe face. bleh

Well that's what happens when you build heels like Kane, add to the fact that he was a sympathetic character for so long, it's going to be hard for people to stop cheering him. Even HHH was getting REAL HEEL heat for the first time in a long time last night, but the crowd seemingly refused to boo Kane. Still, there was no need for Shane to come out there and pummel Kane. Kane should have just grabbed Shane and obliterated him for 15 minutes with chairshots (including the throatshot) and a table piledriver and a chokeslam off the top of the ramp. The announcers could have just sold it as a remorseless monster trying to kill "hero" Shane McMahon for trying to avenge is mother. NO ONE SHOULD BE GETTING THE BETTER OF KANE. If HHH were to fight Kane, it should be a hellish contest with Kane no selling most of the offense and putting away HHH in a brutal manner. Kane is NOT to be fucked with at this point.

Guest jester

Pretty much everybody on Raw and Smackdown, heel and face alike, are sucking up to the McMahons. And we've been trained to believe the McMahons will knife you in the back as soon as they get the chance.

Then Kane tombstones Linda and generally walks around not giving a fuck, like Austin used to.

And they wonder why he's get face heat?

Kane selling for the boss' son instead of RVD is very counterproductive for this angle, the majority of fans with a brain in their head are not going to believe that Shane who is not a wrestler punked out Kane with just a chair

Why the fuck not?

A. He caught him off guard.

B. Kane didn't try kill RVD's mom.

C. What does being a wrestler have to do with swinging a chair?

D. Kane didn't sell any of it anyway.

one of the main reasons they use to back up their ideas is the fact that Shane does those highspots and that he bumps like crazy, two things that RVD could do 100 times better with his arms tied behind his back and blindfolded.

You're missing the point. Allright, all this is doing is sacrificing Shane to get Kane over. So why should they waste RVD like that? Instead of waiting awhile, letting Kane get a big reputation as a monster, and THEN give RVD a match with him? That way, Kane is already a monster and RVD doesn't have to get squashed. Everybody wins.

Guest Retro Rob
Kane selling for the boss' son instead of RVD is very counterproductive for this angle

I must be blind because I didn't see any selling.

Guest jester

You know, I wish I could fully believe that they're just sacrificing Shane to get Kane over. But I could believe that Shane will WIN a match against Kane.

Remember, we just watched his old man go over a one-legged guy, pretty much killing any chance the guy had of getting over.

Pretty much everybody on Raw and Smackdown, heel and face alike, are sucking up to the McMahons. And we've been trained to believe the McMahons will knife you in the back as soon as they get the chance.

Then Kane tombstones Linda and generally walks around not giving a fuck, like Austin used to.

And they wonder why he's get face heat?

I think the plan is for Kane to eventually align himself with Mr. McMahon, thereby killing the face heat he's getting since Vince is EVIL~. I think they have something big planned for Kane and they don't want that ruined because he isn't getting over as they planned.

Guest Retro Rob
Remember, we just watched his old man go over a one-legged guy, pretty much killing any chance the guy had of getting over.

Zach never should have gone over Vince in the first place. Like it or not, Vince needs to keep his heat for matches against the likes of Lesnar. Gowen doesn't have another main event feud lined up, so his loss doesn't really hurt him. All the guy ever wanted was to be a part of the Cruiserweight division, where in small doses he could get over.

Guest Retro Rob
I think the plan is for Kane to eventually align himself with Mr. McMahon, thereby killing the face heat he's getting since Vince is EVIL~. I think they have something big planned for Kane and they don't want that ruined because he isn't getting over as they planned.

If I were Vince I would just be happy SOMEONE is getting regardless of whether they are being booed or cheered. Whatever reaction they are getting, just go with it.

Guest humongous2002
Kane selling for the boss' son instead of RVD is very counterproductive for this angle

You must be or maybe you don't know what selling means in carny talk.

And if they are using Shane to be the sacrificial lamb in a quick match for next week's RAW then it will be ok, but if it is to set up a SS match instead of RVD getting his heat back by almost getting killed by Kane at RAW then the angle is already going down the crapper. Kane going over Shane at the ppv won't get him over as a monster heel(since he already is) because Shane is a non-wrestler and people already know he isn't going to win, if anything make Kane have a streetfight match with RVD(someone the fans still think might have a chance of winning and needs a big match like this to rejuvenate his career again), make them both look strong and have Kane destroy RVD by almost "killing" him again so this could set up a feud down the line with (i hope) the world title on the line. At this point Shane should be use as a defenseless jobber to make Kane look unstoppable.

Guest Trivia247

suppose its selling when you get hit by a gnat's punches and you walk away.

Guest Retro Rob

You must be or maybe you don't know what selling means in carny talk.

Really? How does sitting up five seconds after getting hit with four chairshots and falling off a stage through a table translate into "Kane sold for Shane? Please enlighten me, since I don't know about all your carny definitions.

Guest Goodear

While you might care to debate that Kane wasn't selling, I don't think you can disbute that Shane was more effective than either Austin (which is fine, since Steve isn't wrestling) or RVD (which isn't).

Guest Deviant

Okay, I'll ask it again and clearer in hopes of getting an actual answer:

No, Shane is not a wrestler. However kane attacked his mother, thus he had a reason to be there. I understand the purist point of view, but this is WWE, and storylines are there. Deal with it, or just watch ROH like normal people.

Shane DID NOT HURT KANE. He tackled him over the ropes. Kane was taken over by momentum, and got right back up once Shane got off of him. Shane then hit him with the chair 3 or 4 times, none of which took Kane down or had him selling in any other way besides staggering a little. Big deal.

Then he fell off of the stage, the same bump that took "normal man" Eric Bischoff completely out of it for two weeks. Kane sat up after ten seconds. For those ten seconds, he was "selling" the fall, if anything.

Kane then laughed, 100% completely unaffected by absoutely anything Shane had just done. Shane gets to do it for vengeance and on adrenaline, but didn't score one significant blow.

And for the record, Shane is the best McMahon. While he's there, he's entertaining more often than not. And when he wrestles, it isn't an embarrassment. Criticise the style all you want, it works, and is worthy of TV time.

Plus, it's Raw, who is he taking TV time away from? Rodney Mack? I'll take Shane thanks.