TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

The One And Only NWA:TNA Thread FOr 7/30

THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FUCKING MATCH IS THAT IF YOU GET THE BAT, YOU CAN USE IT! Why the hell did the ref need to be talking to Siaki. Just makes you seem desperate, as you're repating spots from earlier in the night.

DANIELS IS BACK!!!!!!!!

Fuck yeah! Main eventer Daniels! Beat the shit out of him.

Arabian moonsault, one which he nearly blows (damn it), to Jeff.

"Tradition ends tonight."

And he jumps off the steps and splashes Jarrett.

Guest BoboBrazil

Daniels rules! Hopefully that is the end of the shitty Legend/Jarrett feud.

Guest Slapnuts00

Seems like everyone around here has fun with their cable company. Tonight I ordered it on screen like usual, and it said thanks for your order. I sat there, and 10 o clock came (I was ordering the replay) and Nothing! I try again and it says there's some problem and I need to call the cable company to confirm the order. Fuck that! I figure I could order the next replay on Sunday but curiousity got to me and after reading the recap sounds like a really bad show. Don't think it's even worth ordering, especially since next week sounds so awesome!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I enjoyed the hell out of that show. With the exception of Sandman/Chastain (and even that had a nifty fat man bump) I liked everything.

Next week is stacked.

Guest Slapnuts00

AJ vs. Dlo in a cage

AMW vs. Simon/Swinger in a bullrope match

Kazarian vs. Sabin (X title)

Daniels full return!

My cable better fucking work next week!

Guest BrokenWings

Yeah, I really enjoyed this week's episode as well.

Christopher Daniels caught me really off guard, and I'm really hoping Jarrett puts him over so that he can become a solid main eventer.

I can't really complain about the "down-sizing" of Edward Chastain.. he wasn't really showing me much in the way of talent, although those who have actually see him say otherwise. Swanton off the apron was neat though.

Mad Mikey video worked well and served it's purpose.

I'm praying they let CM Punk and Raven feud now.. please, just keep Franchise on the mic.

I also thought the quick pin in Lynn/Skipper was a botched finish, as it just didn't make sense to me why they'd have two 2/3 matches in back to back weeks. I guess it worked though. I didn't mind that match, either.

God, I truly hope that was the blowoff the whole stupid cat fights.

Shark Boy/Norman Smiley could be entertaining... too bad they were on job duty.

Michael Shane was alright.. not superb, not crap. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of him, as his superkick / spin when entering the ring reeks of Michaels.

Morton surprised me, as I was actually entertained by the match. I'm still wondering where this whole angle is leading though.

Next week will be amazing. Can't wait to see the cage match, strap match and Christopher Daniels~!

Oh, and post #100 :cheers:

Hey everybody this was the first TNA show I ordered since about the sixth week, but I got two questions:

1. Is Skipper carrying the scale around for his "Pound for Pound" gimmick or is he trying to bulk up for this singles run, since he's been in X Division and tag champ before.

2. When was the last time a member of 3 Live Crew wrestled?

Credit: 411mania.com, NoHoldsBarredWrestling.com, and myself

NWA-TNA Pay-Per-View results

Taped Live from the TNA Asylum on 7/30/03

- Jerry Lynn d. Elix Skipper in a Best 2/3 Falls Match in two straight falls!

- Vince Russo/D'Lo Brown/AJ Styles/Erik Watts/Sonny Siaki in-ring segment; it is announced that next week, D'Lo will wrestle AJ for the NWA World Heavyweight Title in a Steel Cage Match!

- The Sandman pins Edward Chastain (NWA Wildside's Iceberg) via the White Russian Leg Sweep).

- Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger d. Shark Boy & Norman Smiley via the Problem Solver (Flapjack into DDT).

- A taped interview w/ Vince Russo airs. He says that he is allied with AJ Styles and that he has the power to threaten the NWA to give him what he wants or he'll have AJ quit the company and delegitamize the NWA title. He also says that the Sports Entertainment Xtreme (SEX) faction is now on the backburner thanks to Jeff Jarrett.

- Chris Sabin pins Michael Shane to retain his X Division Title after hitting him with the X Division belt. Frankie Kazarian was the special guest referee, but another referee ran out and knocked him out and then counted the pinfall in favor of Sabin. This furtheres the Sabin/Kazarian feud.

- A Day in the Life of Mad Mikey video vignette airs. Mikey - BTW - is the guy who was known as Crash Holly in WWE. He'll be returning to TNA next week.

- Kid Kash pins his trainer, Ricky Morton, thanks to interference by Abyss.

- A 3 Live Crew (a stable consisting of Konnan, Ron Killings, and BG James [Road Dogg Jesse James]) video vignette airs.

- Shane Douglas & The New Church (Slash & Brian Lee) d. The Gathering (Raven, Julio Dinero, & Alexis Laree) in a Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match.

- It is announced that America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm) will wrestle Simon & Swinger in a Raw Hide Strap Match (whatever that is) next week.

- Jeff Jarrett d. Joe E. Legend via pinfall in a Stuff on a Pole Match after a guitar shot. There's two poles in the ring. There's a bat on one and a guitar on the other. After the match, CHRISTOPHER DANIELS makes his NWA-TNA return and helps Legend beat down Jarrett as the show ends.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

1. No one really knows where Sipper is heading. He said in an interview that he plans on being NWA champion but might stop off in the X division to win that title first. The scale is probably for the pound for pound gimmick.

2. They wrestle on XPlosion in 6 man tags almost every week...but as for the actual ppv...All 3 of them made it to the second round of the anarchy in the asylum tournament before losing...so it's been a while. James and Konnan don't belong in a ring anyway...especially on ppv.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll tell you what really pumps me up.

I saw a GREAT WWE ppv on Sunday followed by a Surprisingly Good (Given the lineup going in) TNA today...and then next week looks like GOLD too.

And soon...Pride FC!

Guest BrokenWings

Agreed. I needed a pickup after that god-awful Raw, and this was certainly it. Smackdown looks decent and Velocity looks good, which will lead in to the stacked card next week. Should be smooth sailing in to next week, for me.

Well, actually, last time we saw any 3 Live Crew guys wrestling on the PPV was Konnan and Killings when they beat the Harrises' with B.G.'s interference....

Guest RedJed

Definately was impressed with the show tonight........between being real busy and being down on the shows lately, I had lost interest in even posting much until watching the show tonight. Everything seemed self-contained and made sense.......Morton-Kash was some fun stuff, as was just about everything else given time (and the stuff that was uninteresting wasnt given much time which is always a good thing). Cant wait for next week!

Guest hebtheeagle

Just glad to see DANIELS~! (sorry Dames) back. He's the best indy wrestler out there, bar none...(maybe Styles or Ki)

Sounds like next weeks PPV should be great. I'm offcially counting down the days until october when the wrestling channel launchs over here in the UK, so i can get more of a NWA TNA fix than just downloading the matchs.

Guest Deviant

That ending may be the very best in TNA history. Now I dare them to back it up with the angle that follows. Daniels is my favourite wrestler, so I'm glad to see this push. It's a pity that AJ and Daniels are both heels, as that match is a solid gold one and just seeing it for the NWA title would bring forth tears of joy.

Once you guys see more and more of Michael Shane, it is abundantly clear that he has patterned just about everything he does after HBK. It's okay to play on the relation to fame deal, but he relies on it. He's a good wrestler and is a great heel, but being a HBK wannabe ruins him for me. Nice elbow drop he has though.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I couldn't agree more about Daniels and Styles.

I want that match badly for the NWA title.

I am so happy that Daniels is getting the major singles push that he deserves.

Guest Joe

THE GOOD:

-Don Callis...He’s everything Vince Russo wishes he could be...He’s excellent on the mic, gets plenty of heel heat, and has an awesome look...

-Michael Shane’s TNA debut...Let’s have him back, please, as a major player in the X Division...The man just has “it”...

-Mad Mikey beating everybody up...how can this gimmick not get over?...

-Christopher Daniels playing the “Fallen Angel” gimmick and being a main event talent...He should be the next NWA World Champion...

THE BAD:

-James Storm’s mic skills...dear god, he said the word “worser”...

-The Dancers versus the Bitch Slap girls...Why don’t they just call this the bathroom break segment? Every week it’s the same thing, and it’s been lame from the start...

THE UGLY:

-Was it me, or was Chris Harris looking way too much like Triple H circa 1999 this week?

-3 Live Crew...People seem to keep calling them the next DX...Of course they’re missing a few key fact that separate the two teams...For one thing, DX was actually funny...And then there’s the fact that DX actually wrestled matches, had feuds, and even won titles...So far 3 Live Crew are just the guys who we get weekly lame skits from...Get them into some matches already! With the tag team division floundering, a pairing of Killings and James to fight AMW would really heat things up...

-Julio Deniro taking the clothesline over the top rope bump BEFORE Shane Douglas actually made contact with the clothesline...That was just sad...

AND FINALLY:

-Why is Eric Watts so very over with the TNA crowd? I’m willing to bet it has something to do with alcohol, but it’s still quite disturbing...