TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

What causes people to act like...

People in school can get permanent email addresses provided by their school. As long as they registered with an account like [email protected], then I don't see what the big deal would be. If someone has a permanent email address, they should bloody well register with it. If they don't, boo-hoo for them. I have the integrity of the board to think about, not the feelings of people who've yet to post on it.

This all presumes we could implement something like this, of course.

There are still people who cannot use an email like that and it's still not fair to them. This email idea is not the way to go.

Quite frankly I've never liked any of the pay emails I've had in the past. The school email I had I ended up just forwarding everything to my Hotmail account.

I don't have that school email anymore though.

Guest The Old Me
People in school can get permanent email addresses provided by their school.  As long as they registered with an account like [email protected], then I don't see what the big deal would be.  If someone has a permanent email address, they should bloody well register with it.  If they don't, boo-hoo for them.  I have the integrity of the board to think about, not the feelings of people who've yet to post on it.

This all presumes we could implement something like this, of course.

There are still people who cannot use an email like that and it's still not fair to them. This email idea is not the way to go.

Quite frankly I've never liked any of the pay emails I've had in the past. The school email I had I ended up just forwarding everything to my Hotmail account.

I don't have that school email anymore though.

Yeah, I mean what's next then? Having *special* folders that you have to pay to post in? Is this the fucking Torch?

Guest DrTom

No, stupid hyperbole is apparently next.

I don't see why you're kvetching about this so much, considering a) we can't do it, and b) existing users would be exempted from it if we could.

Guest The Old Me
No, stupid hyperbole is apparently next.

I don't see why you're kvetching about this so much, considering a) we can't do it, and b) existing users would be exempted from it if we could.

Doesn't bother me all that much since I'm exempt. But it would just piss me off if I wanted to sign up at another forum and all I had was a hotmail account.