TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Kane's last 2 tombstones

Guest Redhawk

Now I understand that the receipients were two people you do NOT want to risk injuring if you work for Vince McMahon; that being his wife and his son. However, why even have Kane do a tombstone if you're going to have it look so fake? When Kane did it to Linda, her head was clearly 8-10 inches away from the ground. It was a little bit closer with Shane, but not much. And as if the live crowd didn't see how fake it was, they didn't even bother to pick a TV camera angle that made it look a little more realistic (i.e., behind Kane). Of course this is all minor in comparison with how bad this unmasking angle has been, but it's just one more reason no one is buying into any of it. I remember when Kane tombstoned Pete Rose at WM 14, I though "Damn, I wonder if his head really hit the mat?" These past two times all I thought was, "I wonder if Kane hurt his knees?"

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Ever since Austin's injury the WWE has been very cautious of pile drivers. Plus the camera men dropped the ball big time on both Tombstones.

Guest Choken One

First off...Rose's Tombstone looked just as fake...

And second...

How can you say people aren't "buying into it"?

One way or another, either it be because they are actually "into" the angle itself or because it's merely a comedy piece for them...

Ratings are Good if not great for WWE...

Yes, the two tombstones have been weak but it's understandable in the case that those two that took it aren't professional stunt men/atheletes..

Blame the Camera crew for making it look even weaker...and Vince Has.

The reason they used the Tombstone is because it has a built in "deadly" history...

Kane rarely used it as a face but he used it constantly as a Monster in 97-98.

I'd dig the Kane angle a little bit more if they'd let him be an unstoppable monster, not a monster who's unstoppable unless Shane makes a return to jump off something high.

Let Kane run loose on the roster, similar to how he was booked when he first debuted. Then maybe people would buy into the angle a little bit more.

I can do a tombstone better than kane. Me and my other two friends had to make a movie for a class. I tombstoned my brother on the grass without hurting him at all. In fact I do it all the time. my brother tombstone me sometimes and I'm taller than him. I don't get hurt at all when he does it to me. Kane should work on his tombstones.

Guest Choken One
I can do a tombstone better than kane. Me and my other two friends had to make a movie for a class. I tombstoned my brother on the grass without hurting him at all. In fact I do it all the time. my brother tombstone me sometimes and I'm taller than him. I don't get hurt at all when he does it to me. Kane should work on his tombstones.

Again while you do your Backyard fantasy movie making bullshit...

Kane is an professional who has been TRAINED to do this...

It's not like he doesn't know how to execute them (although his "brother" is more crisp at the move)...he is being told not to drive in the head of the CEO and the Head of Media into the steel contrete just in case something is botched.

It's called precaution.

Guest Anglesault

It's not like he doesn't know how to execute them (although his "brother" is more crisp at the move)...he is being told not to drive in the head of the CEO and the Head of Media into the steel contrete just in case something is botched.

It's called precaution.

Kane has had an awful Tombstone since Day One. Look at the one Foley took at Survior Series.

At least as bad as the LindaStone

Guest Choken One

It's called precaution.

Kane has had an awful Tombstone since Day One. Look at the one Foley took at Survior Series.

At least as bad as the LindaStone

That might so but for a Backyard Idiot to go around going "I CAN DO A TOMBSTONE BETTER!" is pretentious and ludicrous.

Guest Boo_Bradley

The Piledriver ban actually started gaining momentum in late 2000-early 2001 when Kane botched one on HHH and HHH got a stinger. I remember this in a report back in the day.

The last regualrly executed piledriver I can remember would be austin doing it to Angle on the floor during thier feud (before the Unforgiven match, IIRC). Other than that, Taker and Kane have used Tombstones in situations where the opponent CANNOT take a Chokeslam/Last Ride bump in that scenario or the opponent is too large.

Guest Trivia247

you can't expect Japanese style Tombstones on two people who don't wrestle. Its just Bad Camera angles...

asides you got too imagine Kane is out of practice on it anyway..when was the Last tombstone...on Test? when he feuded with him over the IC title?

Kane hasn't gotten a real official match yet... that RVD match went to the outside way to quickly.

so the Tombstones on the Outside is gonna be more protected than those on the canvas.

Guest RollingSambos

Kane also hasn't done a Tombstone in years. He's a little rusty.

And like everybody has already said, he couldn't afford to take a chance with Linda McMahon. Her neck is like a stack of dimes. That's the same reason that Taker gave Jake Roberts an ultra-safe Tombstone at WrestleMania VIII...Jake had had neck problems ever since Honky stiffed him with a guitar shot and broke his neck.

Guest Memphis

You're an idiot. You do wrestling fans and wrestlers no good whatsoever producing crap like that. You only fuel the argument that wrestling is a negative influence.

Choke has already made a very good point that money and ratings, right now, for the WWE are better than they have been in a 12 or so months, maybe even more so. The marks obviously love the shock value of the Kane character, and quite frankly I find it makes RAW much more interesting and unpredictable.

Goes to show what a little planning and forethought can actually do for a guy no one cared about.

TAFKA 'M'

Goes to show what a little planning and forethought can actually do for a guy no one cared about.

It's scary to see what they did with Kane over SIX WEEKS of storylines - the guy was lifted from "permanent mid-carder" to "main-eventer/ best current character".

Imagine if they put this same effort into ANYONE ELSE.

Guest Memphis

Absolutely.

Just shows that the writing talent IS THERE, only that it is reserved for those who are 'deserving'.

i.e. Friends with Hunter, Vince or Taker.

Guest Korgath

Fake tombstones or not, it simply adds to the fact that everyone KNOWS that kayfabing is NOT the way to go now.

I'd prefer to see it as Kane will stop for no one - not Linda, not Shane. It doesn't really matter if he "protected" them, all that matters was the "monster" dared to tombstone the authorities.

'nuff said.

Guest ShamRock

You're an idiot. You do wrestling fans and wrestlers no good whatsoever producing crap like that. You only fuel the argument that wrestling is a negative influence.

So you're saying if someone wanted to play football, they should learn first and then play?

If people play football in their backyards, why can't people wrestle in their backyard?

Guest Choken One

Because in Football you don't imitate Moves such as a Piledriver.

More people are injured Playing Fantasy RASSLING then they are playing football in there back yard

So you're saying if someone wanted to play football, they should learn first and then play?

Um, yes. Generally, before playing a sport, you learn how to play and then play the actual sport. Whatta concept!

If people play football in their backyards, why can't people wrestle in their backyard?

Because, unless I don't know the sport of football, you don't get dropped on your head.

Guest ShamRock

More people are injured Playing Fantasy RASSLING then they are playing football in there back yard

What's your source?

Guest Choken One

About every fucking time 20/20 runs a report on Backyard Wrestling related deaths/injuries.

Guest Memphis

What's your source?

When idiotic questions such as this are posed, Choken, it's best to laugh and thank God his parents have probably ceased having children.

TAFKA 'M'

Guest Fook

Who has a backyard big enough to hold a football field?

Now who has a backyard big enough to hold a wrestling ring?

I thought so.

Speaking of Kane, they should give him a Luchador mask to add more to his evilness. I'm telling ya it'll do him wonders for his character. ^_^

bane.jpg

Guest ShamRock

What's up with the bashing of backyard wrestling? The guy who said about doing tombstone's on his brother does it on fuckin' mattresses in his basement. They just do it for fun, without using weapons and shit and they mostly stick to safe stuff but occassionally pull out a tombstone. It's just other ways of having fun.