TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

first pic of garfield

Guest Eagan469
Lorenzo Music did the voice of animated Garfield, but he died a few years ago, so that's why they got Murray.

That's a funny coincidence, given that Music voiced Dr. Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters, while Murray played the character in the movies.

And Dave Coulier voiced Venkman on Real Ghostbusters after the first season because Lorenzo Music went to do Garfield And Friends full time.

See how they all connect?

Guest evenflowDDT
You think Garfield's bad?

Take a look at Heathcliff:

heathcliff082702.jpg

Meh. That shouldn't really count since it's a direct-to-video project. And while I'm as staunch a defender of direct-to-video as having merit and being an outlet for many films that'd otherwise be censored/not green-lit for proper release, it's also an outlet for a lot of stuff thats lower quality because resources and such are lacking.

As for Garfield...I thought the whole point of John was that he was this unattractive dorky loser who DOESN'T get the girl. Ever. The guy playing him looks pretty attractive for an unattractive dorky loser.

And PK, didn't you learn your lesson with The Tuxedo? Just because your favorite actor's in a movie doesn't mean it's an enjoyable movie. Unless they're scantily clad and you're watching with the volume muted ;)

Heathcliff doesn't look so bad cause it's still pretty cartoonish and you can't ask for more than that.

With the Garfield shot, it's not so much that it looks terrible (for cgi, I wouldn't have expected anything better than that), but it conveys a certain attitude. It's those ridiculous sunglasses.

And PK, didn't you learn your lesson with The Tuxedo? Just because your favorite actor's in a movie doesn't mean it's an enjoyable movie.  Unless they're scantily clad and you're watching with the volume muted ;)

Well......I didn't buy the DVD.

That's a start.

Unless the thing gets a Gigli-level pounding from the critics, I'll see it.

And PK, didn't you learn your lesson with The Tuxedo? Just because your favorite actor's in a movie doesn't mean it's an enjoyable movie.  Unless they're scantily clad and you're watching with the volume muted ;)

Well......I didn't buy the DVD.

That's a start.

Unless the thing gets a Gigli-level pounding from the critics, I'll see it.

...I bought The Tuxedo.

Dames

Lorenzo Music did the voice of animated Garfield, but he died a few years ago, so that's why they got Murray.

That's a funny coincidence, given that Music voiced Dr. Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters, while Murray played the character in the movies.

WRONG!

It was none other than Arsenio Hall

Guest Eagan469

WRONG!

It was none other than Arsenio Hall

Arsenio voiced Winston Zeddemore

:huh:

...wow, the stuff you learn in a thread about Garfield: The Movie.

I didn't know most of this. Thanks for sharing.

Seriously, my opinion on this is like my opinion of Total Extreme Warfare.

Nothing tangible just yet, judgement pending.

The Vet should be played by janine garofalo.

And I think they need to make sure they eat at Irma's Diner. And maybe they could answer the age old question: What happened to Lyman? Man, they could easily work that in as well. Lyman comes back and gets Odie and everyone had forgotten that Odie was Lyman's dog originally before he just up and disappeared so they think he got dognapped.

Smart I tell ya!

Guest evenflowDDT
And I think they need to make sure they eat at Irma's Diner. And maybe they could answer the age old question: What happened to Lyman? Man, they could easily work that in as well. Lyman comes back and gets Odie and everyone had forgotten that Odie was Lyman's dog originally before he just up and disappeared so they think he got dognapped.

Smart I tell ya!

Who's Lyman? I'm hardly a huge Garfield fan, but I read the strip amongst the others whenever I read the comics (which isn't every day, but at least several times a week), and I've never even seen that name mentioned. Which is probably why it won't make it into the story; adaptations have to appeal to the widest audience, and thus casual fans (such as myself, though I wouldn't call myself a fan because I don't like the script, I just read it often anyway).

Lyman owned Odie WAY back in the day, back when everyone was in their original stages, before being cartoonized.

Jon doesn't look dorky enough.

And I saw The Tuxedo for a buck. For a movie that had my favorite actor (I'm not shitting you, Bruce Lee is my God and Jackie Chan is my Jesus) and JLH, it was kinda disapointing.

And I think they need to make sure they eat at Irma's Diner.  And maybe they could answer the age old question: What happened to Lyman?  Man, they could easily work that in as well.  Lyman comes back and gets Odie and everyone had forgotten that Odie was Lyman's dog originally before he just up and disappeared so they think he got dognapped.

Smart I tell ya!

Who's Lyman? I'm hardly a huge Garfield fan, but I read the strip amongst the others whenever I read the comics (which isn't every day, but at least several times a week), and I've never even seen that name mentioned. Which is probably why it won't make it into the story; adaptations have to appeal to the widest audience, and thus casual fans (such as myself, though I wouldn't call myself a fan because I don't like the script, I just read it often anyway).

Lyman- He was orginally Odie's owner and Jon's roommate. He mysteriously left the comic in 1983 leaving Odie behind and hasn't been mentioned since. Some people think that Davis drew him out of the comic to avoid any ties between Jon and Lyman, if you get the drift.

liz.gif

And thats a pic of Liz the Vet from the Comic.

Guest El Satanico

Wait...hold on a damn minute. Jennifer Love Hewitt star in this?

Well that seals it...Garfield will suck. Everything JLH has starred in since getting "famous" has sucked.

Guest Nanks

Breckin Meyer is way too pretty to be Jon. No one springs to mind on who would be more appropriate, but I'm not really trying. I'll see it just for JLH as she will one day be my bride and because I like Garfield and Bill Murray should do it justice.

I will not be happy until I see a CGI Odie. And yeah Breckin Meyer does suck.

Odie and Nermal are going to be regular animals with CGI mouths attached to them to make it appear like they are talking. Garfield meanwhile will be pure CGI...

Didnt' Bill Murray or someone similar do the voice in the animate series? He'll be good.

Lorenzo Music was the voice of Garfield for almost 20 years. He died in August of 2001.

Bill Murray and Dave Coulier are the only ones I can think of that would be suitable replacements.

Actually there is a third person who could do Lorenzo Music justice in regards to being the voice of Garfield: Henry Rollins.

He can pull off the attitude required for the part and as seen in his spoken word monolgues can be pretty funny in terms of his delivery.

I will not be happy until I see a CGI Odie.  And yeah Breckin Meyer does suck.

Odie and Nermal are going to be regular animals with CGI mouths attached to them to make it appear like they are talking. Garfield meanwhile will be pure CGI...

Odie didn't talk anyway, did he?

I'm extremely skeptical...

And you simply can't have Odie without him having a tongue half of the size of the rest of his body.

Lyman and Jon were living together since Lyman had no where else to say (lost everything gambling? kicked out by his parents?), and Lyman brought Odie with him. ("I hate Lyman" -- Garfield)

I guess he up and took off one day and left Odie with Jon. It was never officially stated what happened to him, though.

Why the hell would Nermal or Odie need to have moving CG mouths? Odie doesn't talk, and all of the other animals talk to each other without moving their mouths.

In the Garfield universe, they communicate with each other via telepathy or something. :P

As for the look...well, I don't like it (Godzilla isn't a giant iguana and Garfield shouldn't look anything like a real cat!), but hopefully the writing is good.