TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jester

Who Got Over on Vince?

Guest Choken One

How did he get one up on Vince? He still works for him and is shunted to "Consultant" duty...

I'd have to agree that HHH has the potential to buttfuck Vince (figuratively, let's not start another rumor) more than any other wrestler ever has or likely ever will. Of course, one misstep and he will be buried like no other.

"So uh Steph, I don't wanna uh get married. But uh I'm sure you'll uh be professional and not hold this against me uh..."

"Of course Hunter. By the way, we're transfering you to Smackdown for a new angle. After you get a stinkface from Rikishi, it turns out you like them and follow him around beggining him to give them to you."

Bret Hart looked like he was going to do it. He clobbered him and walked away with a big fat WCW contract. But WCW mismanaged Bret, went out of business, and you know the rest. Meanwhile, Vince invented the evil McMahon character and feuded with Austin, and turned the company around. He turned a bad situation into money.

I'm too tired to brainstorm too much on this, but I think that whether Bret left or not, they would have made just as big money with the Austin deal. He was still getting the title, just from Bret instead of Shawn, before all that stuff happened. (Remember when they used to plan things ahead more than a week at a time?) Plus, Owen would still be around...no way Bret would have let Russo put him back in the Blue Blazer gimmick, IMO.

I haven't read all of this thread yet so if he's been said I'm sorry. But, Jeff Jarrett seemed to got one over on Vince. I'm mean he pretty much had Vince over a barrel with the IC belt and got a nice big payday.

Guest Choken One
Bret Hart looked like he was going to do it. He clobbered him and walked away with a big fat WCW contract.  But WCW mismanaged Bret, went out of business, and you know the rest.  Meanwhile, Vince invented the evil McMahon character and feuded with Austin, and turned the company around.  He turned a bad situation into money.

I'm too tired to brainstorm too much on this, but I think that whether Bret left or not, they would have made just as big money with the Austin deal. He was still getting the title, just from Bret instead of Shawn, before all that stuff happened. (Remember when they used to plan things ahead more than a week at a time?) Plus, Owen would still be around...no way Bret would have let Russo put him back in the Blue Blazer gimmick, IMO.

Bullshit...Whose to say Owen wasn't going to die the next day in A Car Accident...

"If Bret Was there..." It's dumbest arguement ever.

Bret GOT nothing over Vince at any point...What? He punched him? Big Deal...

Vince went to be an billionaire MILKING that very angle...Bret went and got mis-used in WCW and because of WCW's golden boy...He suffered a career ending series of concussions....At least Vince's golden boy V. 1 (Shawn) was professional enough not to injury bret...

Guest Choken One
I haven't read all of this thread yet so if he's been said I'm sorry. But, Jeff Jarrett seemed to got one over on Vince. I'm mean he pretty much had Vince over a barrel with the IC belt and got a nice big payday.

And Vince fired Jarrett in Public and pretty much ran him across the mud...

What's Jarrett doing now? Working for Daddy in his little promotion in Tennesse in front of 15,000 people across america...on a GREAT night.

"If Bret Was there..." It's dumbest arguement ever.

How is it a dumb argument? Bret HAD a 20-year contract with a creative control cause. If he could keep Owen & Bulldog from dropping the tag titles at WM13, he could surely keep Owen from going back to the Blue Blazer and thus keep him from doing anything where he comes out of the rafters.

And I never said Bret got anything over on Vince, I was just pointing out what I thought may have happened had Bret stayed.

Guest Choken One

It's a stupid argument because you CAN NOT in any instances say a death would have been prevented...

Guest Choken One

Look we had this fucking debate too fucking many times...No one is ever fucking right.

So let's go back to the true topic at hand

Guest wildpegasus

Quote Choken One

"Bret got nothing over Vince at any point..."

I disagree. Looking at the Confidential show and how they rewrote history it seems that it does bother Vince's pride somewhat that Bret absolutely destroyed him in less than a minute. This was years after the fact as well. He has said before that he'd give Bret one "free shot" as sort of a gift to make things even between them for Vince screwing Bret. However, it didn't go down like that at all. Bret and Vince struggled for a while before Bret managed to punch him. Vince also went out of his way to make sure none of the public thought that Vince was wrong in the Montreal controversy blaming the situation mostly on Bret. Yeah, maybe he did it so viewers wouldn't get too disgusted and stop watching but the fact remains that he still did it.

Guest EN090

What about Vince Russo? Left WWF over-night (making Vince tie up all of his writing staff with contracts) and got a fat contract with WCW. Left the company before it was sold. Came back to WWE and was offered a contract that would pay him $1000 a week to critique Raw and Smackdown. Sent the contract back to Vince and jumped to NWA TNA where he's doing what he always wanted to do - writing for the young talent and helping them get over.

Guest Choken One

Credited for being a key contributor to the demise of WCW.

Hasn't done TNA any favors...Putting over younger talent? If that was the case he wouldn't put his ugly mug on the screen...

Was hired/Fired by AOL on so many occasions we lost track...

So he did the one thing McMahon never could...Fired Hogan and drag him through the mud...Hogan always escaped McMahon in time...

Guest Dynamite Kido

Jeff Jarrett held him up for shitload of cash.....and then dropped the IC title to Chyna......ummmmmm......nevermind

Hasn't done TNA any favors...Putting over younger talent? If that was the case he wouldn't put his ugly mug on the screen...

Was hired/Fired by AOL on so many occasions we lost track...

So he did the one thing McMahon never could...Fired Hogan and drag him through the mud...Hogan always escaped McMahon in time...

I don't know, he may have a point about Russo. If you ignore the quality of the material produced and go strictly by "who made the most money off of who and then ran away," a case could be made for Russo.

Guest Choken One

How much $$$ does he make in TNA? It can't be that significent...

Sure, He might have made more money in WCW but again AOL fired him so often...

Guest EN090

Because it was Russo who signed guys like Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan to ridiculously high contracts, spent millions of dollars on celebrities like Master P and KISS, and set up a system where the inmates run the asylum.

Main reason for WCW's demise? :lol:

I see you've been stocking up on Meltzer's cool aid.

He puts his mug on screen but also helps younger talent get over. You think D'Lo would be as over of a face if he wasn't chasing Russo?

Yet another reason Russo got over on Vince.

How much $$$ does he make in TNA? It can't be that significent...

Sure, He might have made more money in WCW but again AOL fired him so often...

He turned down a job in the WWE that offered him $1000 a week to critique Raw and Smackdown. He obviously doesn't need the money then.

And let's get one thing straight - AOL never fired him. Every time he left the creative team it was his choice. And even when Russp did sit at home he was still getting paid.

Guest JMA

I have to agree to Vince being sensitive about the "punch heard round the world." Why is Vince so afraid to admit he got his ass knocked out by a wrestler? Is he afraid he'll lose respect in the locker-room?

Guest Trivia247

Its never been a secret that the majority of the "big names" that have left Vince Jr usually gets their bridges burned from his side...

Though majority of them do manage to get back, few have really had any true success in the business after they tear away from Vince and the WWF/E