Guest The Decadent Slacker

Hogan Not In HCTP

More pictures...

smackdown_080703_02.jpg

SPEAR!

smackdown_080703_23.jpg

::wets pants:: HOLLLLLLYWOOOOD ROCK!

smackdown_080703_17.jpg

Booker looks a bit like Snoop in this shot...

smackdown_080703_16.jpg

ROCKY!

-------------------------------------------------

Also, here's the current roster from what IGN has spilled-

Boasting the largest lineup of superstars in the history of the Smackdown! chain, Here Comes the Pain is currently sporting a list of 62 active and legendary wrestlers. What's even more amazing is that the roster continues to grow with new personalities being added to both the current and historic rosters every week. The list we've provided below isn't completely finalized yet (lineups are always subject to change), but the grapplers named herein are those that we can confirm with our own oculars:

A-Train

Batista

Big Show

Booker T.

Brock Lesnar

Bubba Ray Dudley

Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero, Jr.

Chris Beniot

Chris Jericho

D-Von Dudley

Edge

Eddie Guerrero

Eric Bischoff

Goldberg

Goldust

Hurricane

Jazz

John Cena

Johnny Stamboli

Kane

Kevin Nash

Kurt Angle

Lance Storm

Lita

Matt Hardy

Nunzio

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Rhyno

Ric Flair

Rikishi

Rob Van Dam

Rodney Mack

Sable

Scott Steiner

Sean O'Haire

Shawn Michaels

Shelton Benjamin

Stacy Keibler

Stephanie McMahon

Steve Austin

Steven Richards

Tajiri

Test

The Rock

Torrie Wilson

Triple H

Trish Stratus

Ultimo Dragon

Undertaker

Val Venis

Victoria

Zach Gowen

That's 54 confirmed, so more to come.

EDIT: Roster update.

Other Notes:

--Unfortunately one character we established will not be in the game, though, is the balding-one himself, Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Originally reported by several publications as a definite superstar, the Hulkster has been completely omitted from both the legendary and active rosters. Bummer.

--Also up in the air is the finalized list of legendary wrestlers as there are several still under negotiation. Sgt Slaughter, Hillbilly Jim, Hawk, Animal, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, George "the Animal Steele, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, however, have all been squared away for the final release. (That makes TEN legends.)

Edited by bravesfan

Guest Choken One

I'm sorry but

Lita

Batisia

have no purpose...

53 confirmed...62 slots...Aren't the rest Legends?

Tommy Dreamer is easy to create...How did Ultimo make it and not Spanky? or Palumbo...

I'm sorry but

Lita

Batisia

have no purpose...

Tommy Dreamer is easy to create...How did Ultimo make it and not Spanky? or Palumbo...

God only knows Choke. God only knows.

Seriously, no Spank? Dammit. No Funaki either...

*sighs* Oh well.

Guest Choken One

Wait...Mr. McMahon is absent...

There's McMahon's ego fuck there...He'll use himself to replace Hogan I guess ?

Guest Choken One
I'm sorry but

Lita

Batisia

have no purpose...

God only knows Choke. God only knows.

Seriously, no Spank? Dammit. No Funaki either...

*sighs* Oh well.

How hard can it be to make a 14 year old in Boxers? Eh?

There are 10 legends (which makes 63), with more in the negotiations stage - strangely, that's already more characters than THQ had stated (62).

Guest Choken One

WWE never been good with Math...why should THQ?

THQ for one likely would like for WWE to stop bringing new people in...

I'm happy though...SOH made in the roster!

Hey, no Christian or Knoble or Kidman or Palumbo or Shannon Moore or Kanyon or Spanky.

But, Bischoff and Torrie and Steph and Stacy Kiebler and Rodney Mack and Batista are on the roster? Whaaa?

I wouldn't be getting the game anyway, but that's kinda odd.

But, Bischoff and Torrie and Steph and Stacy Kiebler and Rodney Mack and Batista are on the roster? Whaaa?

Why hate on Rodney Mack? If they choose to include his current theme music in the game, I will scream with joy...then rip it onto my computer.

At this stage in the game, he's no worse than the guys you mentioned. Nowadays, the only way to distinguish the lower mid-carders in WWE video games, is by their finisher.

No offense, but who cares if SHANNON MOORE gets a roster spot right now?

On another note, Bischoff and Stephanie are there as figureheads for the season mode - I would highly doubt they're playable. Torrie and Stacy are included, to show off the new "Bra & Panties Match" mode that THQ invested new motion-capture models to.

"Another big improvement is the struggle system. Instead of giving every wrestler a default lockup win just because he pressed a button first, tie-ups will result in a back and forth struggle between the combatants. Represented by a slider bar that shows the two involved, rapidly tapping the button you need for an attack will move the slider in one direction towards the person who's winning the struggle. If you can manage to do that, you'll pull off your maneuver and deliver the proper grapple."

So...they turned it into a button masher like the Royal Rumble game on the 16 bit systems? I don't really like that any more than I liked the last crappy engine.

Guest Choken One
Hey, no Christian or Knoble or Kidman or Palumbo or Shannon Moore or Kanyon or Spanky.

Kidman was gone for a while...

Kanyon just recented got back on tv...

Christian is just plain inexcuseable considering he is the current I.C champion

Knoble? It's a 5'8 guy in jean Shorts...can't be TOO hard to Create him...

No Palumbo is just stupid...which means no Palumbo/SOH reunion for me :(

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
"Another big improvement is the struggle system. Instead of giving every wrestler a default lockup win just because he pressed a button first, tie-ups will result in a back and forth struggle between the combatants. Represented by a slider bar that shows the two involved, rapidly tapping the button you need for an attack will move the slider in one direction towards the person who's winning the struggle. If you can manage to do that, you'll pull off your maneuver and deliver the proper grapple."

So...they turned it into a button masher like the Royal Rumble game on the 16 bit systems? I don't really like that any more than I liked the last crappy engine.

Why don't you quit bitching till you PLAY the goddamn thing?

So...they turned it into a button masher like the Royal Rumble game on the 16 bit systems?  I don't really like that any more than I liked the last crappy engine.

In a entire thread about what might be in the game and what people like or might not like, you pick the ONE post I made to tell me to I'm bitching. They described a feature of the game that I don't think will work well. That is the point of a messageboard. As the resident "Bitch about everything" person around here, you should know better than anyone.

So if I play the game and don't like it will your intelligent advice be "Stop bitching and play something else?" I look forward to it.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

So...they turned it into a button masher like the Royal Rumble game on the 16 bit systems?  I don't really like that any more than I liked the last crappy engine.

In a entire thread about what might be in the game and what people like or might not like, you pick the ONE post I made to tell me to I'm bitching. They described a feature of the game that I don't think will work well. That is the point of a messageboard. As the resident "Bitch about everything" person around here, you should know better than anyone.

So if I play the game and don't like it will your intelligent advice be "Stop bitching and play something else?" I look forward to it.

No, the people on this thread have been arguing over ROSTER INCLUSIONS. There's really no way to debate whether not including or including someone works. That's pretty straightfoward.

You took a gameplay feature, something you have no expereince with since you haven't played the game, and bitched about it. So stop acting like a fuckwad because I called you out on it. Bottom line: YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE NEW GRAPPLE SYSTEM, YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH IT, YOU ARE TALKING OUT YOUR ASS.

Oh and I love the "everyone else was doing it argument." What're you, 5?

It gives a clear cut discription of the grappling system for those of us who can read. It clearly tells of how the grapples will be decided by "rapidly tapping the button you need for an attack" which is exactly how the grapple system worked in the old 16 bit Royal rumble games. I didn't like it then and from the description it doesn't sound promising to me.

Instead of pointing out how much of a bitch you sound like in your little replys to me, I'll just let your dumbass keep making a dick hole out of yourself for pointlessly flame baiting me in a thread that everyone is talking about a game that they haven't played.

So everyone else, if you don't like or like how the game captures look, stop bitching and wait till you play it. If you don't like the roster, stop bitching and wait until you play it to see who is really in the game. Of course the thread would be at no reply's then, but the entire point is to NOT make comments on the game and the information relased about it so that we can keep the board bitch happy.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
It gives a clear cut discription of the grappling system for those of us who can read. It clearly tells of how the grapples will be decided by "rapidly tapping the button you need for an attack" which is exactly how the grapple system worked in the old 16 bit Royal rumble games. I didn't like it then and from the description it doesn't sound promising to me.

Instead of pointing out how much of a bitch you sound like in your little replys to me, I'll just let your dumbass keep making a dick hole out of yourself for pointlessly flame baiting me in a thread that everyone is talking about a game that they haven't played.

So everyone else, if you don't like or like how the game captures look, stop bitching and wait till you play it. If you don't like the roster, stop bitching and wait until you play it to see who is really in the game. Of course the thread would be at no reply's then, but the entire point is to NOT make comments on the game and the information relased about it so that we can keep the board bitch happy.

It gives a DESCRIPTION. You still don't know if you'll like it or not till you try it. Knocking it beforehand is just stupid, but then, so is claiming I'm a "whiney bitch" just because I thought you were being unfair. It's painfully obvious you've been out to get this game. Especially when you senselessly claimed RAW was the best game of the last pack of wrestling games, and said that as long as Yuke's made the game it would suck.

If anyone sounds like a bitch, it's you, Youw rote a big long crybaby reply to a simple post. I told you not to knock it before you tried it. Maybe if you didn't have the emotional maturity of an ape, you'd be able to see that.

I also love the irony of calling ME a bitch, when look at the whiney, DRAWMUH-filled, last paragraph. Just stop replying the way you are, take a minute to cool down, and try some INTELLEGENT POINTS. It may be tough, but I'm sure that once you pull your head out of your ass you'll be able to do it.

Good luck, and god speed.

I said I liked Raws wrestling engine better than Smackdowns last year...THAT FUCKING IT!!

See that quote button you have there, I would love for you to show me where I said that It would suck because Yukes made it. Especially when I said that from the Hands on it looks like Mania would have the best engine...they are both made by yukes. SHOW me where I have had it in for this game. SHOW me where calling me a fuckwad is intelligently calling me on something. I can show you how you bitch about nothing. I can show you Marney, Eric MM and others calling you on it. You called me on nothing. You flame baited me and I stupidly went for it. So I'm just going to end it now before I get banned. If you are in such a flamish mood go to NHB and start some shit there because I'm done.

Kidman was gone for a while...

Kanyon just recented got back on tv...

Christian is just plain inexcuseable considering he is the current I.C champion

Knoble? It's a 5'8 guy in jean Shorts...can't be TOO hard to Create him...

No Palumbo is just stupid...which means no Palumbo/SOH reunion for me :(

Batista & Lita have been gone for a while, too. And Ultimo & Gowan have been relatively recent additions to the WWE (with Ultimo hardly having done anything yet). If those 4 are in the game, I don't see why Kidman (1 of the more-pushed cruisers) or Kanyon (good move-set = good video game character) can't. And if Steven Richards and Stamboli are in the game, I don't see why Shannon Moore or Spanky (another guy with moves that would look good in the game) or Knoble (in the very least, gives them a reason to put another chick [Nidia] in the game) can't.

It's a moot point anyway, because (like I said) I'm not getting the game.

Bitching for bitching's sake.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That Fucking it? Okay.... (Backs away)

Reagardless of the fact that RAW's engine lacked a single worthwhile element? I mean at the VERY LEAST SmackDown's control is fluid and intuitive, and you can get specials without the ridiculous crowd meter. That shit didn't work in WCW Mayham, and it still doesn't work now.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Screens and Vids of HCTP

You can look at the vids to see how the gameplay plays out. And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be the same as the RR games.

Heh. I feel vindicated.

Guest Adrian 3:16
I'm sorry but

Lita

Batisia

have no purpose...

I would much rather have Ultimo than Spanky or Palumbo...

The Smackdown games are always based on the earlier part of the year, so Batista being in makes sense. I'm surprised Lita made the cut, but she's always been one of the most popular characters so I'm not too surprised.

As for Christian, I guarantee he'll be in. Either he's not on the list as a simple oversight or he hasn't been designed and programmed yet.

There's no way this will get the flack the other SD! games have. I mean, sure, it won't be perfect, but it looks lightyears ahead of the others, especially JBI. & even if it does semi resemble Royal Rumble/RAW for the SNES/Genesis, i'm fine, since i love those games.

Thank God Ultimo made it. Time for my tage team from EWR or Rey & Ultimo (Puro Libre) to wreak some fucking havoc. But Spanky deserves to be there, given the push he got coming in & the fact they seem to see someting in the guy. Batista i have no problem with, as long as you can edit his attire somewhat (Leviathan, bitch). NO CHRISTIAN?! That's fucked up. Forgivable, but fucked up. Take out, say, Gowen & put him in. But oh well: no Palumbo, Jones, 3MW, or Bob Holly, so i'm fine for the most part.

No Hogan as a legend is good. The ones they've got (save DiBiase) are bad. I was looking forward to Warrior/HHH 2. LOD will be the watered down WWF version. Piper actually appeals to me. But I want Cactus, Hart, Funk, even Ventura-guys people enjoy in some capacity. If they could rig up a legends broadcast team or classic arenas (all the WMs, Summerslam '92, IYH, etc), it'd be a must have thing. I would love to have Gorilla Monsoon & Heenan soundbites during a match.

I would think that the soundbites thing, while its a great idea whose time has come, that it would be ever manifested on the PS2.

The PS3, however....

Too bad there's no fucking way i'm shelling out for the PS3 in it's first 6 months-year of existance.I just now got the PS2. Although eBay might beckon...

I just would dearly love having a match (say, Gowen/Jericho for example) & hearing Heenan say (from one of his many broadcasting matches, since Vince owns them all) "He doesn't have a leg to stand on!" Then Monsoon yelling "I'll have you thrown outta here!" But, i'll take what i can get...so long as Cole isn't involved.

Question i just thought of: you're Rock, or a created Hart. How do you Sharpshooter Gowen? Granted, Rock can Shitshooter anything, but still.