TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JHawk

ROH on-site is up

Guest subliminal_animal

Nice report, except that I felt all the potshots taken at me went a little on the side of unprofessional.

Keep up the good work.

Nice report, except that I felt all the potshots taken at me went a little on the side of unprofessional.

Keep up the good work.

You lost me. Were you one of the IWA supporters or something? I wasn't insulting anybody with any of that, and outside of that I can't think of where I could have possibly taken "potshots".

Guest subliminal_animal

Nah, I wasn't at the show. I was just talking about all the stuff about me personally.

It's cool, though. I'm not gonna hurt you or nothing, unless I was dead certain you were right over there.

Great review JHawk, I can't believe you got an acknowledgement from Jim F'N Cornette!

Good report JHawk, and way to accurately describe the heat, which was roughly around OVEN, still not as hot as Pillman 2000 in my opinion, but I really think the tag team main event might have gotten even more crowd heat had we not sat in there for 3 hours. Sadly I was in that huge IWA chanting section, but hey once we got in there, there weren't too many seats left. I agree they have to come back to Dayton sooner or later. I really wish we could get them to go to Hara Arena, but I think that holds about 4,500, so they may not want to go to an arena that can fill up, and rental price would probably be brutal.

I know Homicide already wrestled once but he's considering he's one of the best workers in Ring of Honor- I would never complain about seeing him work twice.

Also considering Homicide is in the midst of main event level with Steve Corino- there really was no way they could just have him job to Sabin- a guy who is still finding his way in ROH.

How long did Credible v. Stryker go btw?

JHawk, Subliminal Animal's gimmick is that of an asshole, so disregard anything he says.

2 Homicide matches. That rules. I'd rather have him in there than Red.

I know Homicide already wrestled once but he's considering he's one of the best workers in Ring of Honor- I would never complain about seeing him work twice.

Also considering Homicide is in the midst of main event level with Steve Corino- there really was no way they could just have him job to Sabin- a guy who is still finding his way in ROH.

How long did Credible v. Stryker go btw?

Stryker-Credible was somewhere in the 11-14 minute range, but I accidentally reset the stopwatch before I could write the exact time down. I want to say 13 minutes something, but I don't remember.

As I said, I actually like Homicide, but with Homicide being face-in-peril, I got to see AJ Styles for about 4-6 minutes, and when I've already seen Homicide once, I'd rather at least get Styles as face-in-peril. understandable since they can't let the NWA Champion get hurt, but damn.

Guest subliminal_animal
JHawk, Subliminal Animal's gimmick is that of an asshole, so disregard anything he says.

Hey now ... take your nonsense to the No Holds Barred folder. We don't need any of your usual imbecility bringing down the discussion.

Stryker-Credible was somewhere in the 11-14 minute range, but I accidentally reset the stopwatch before I could write the exact time down. I want to say 13 minutes something, but I don't remember.

I'm sorry, but taking a stopwatch to a wrestling show must look ridiculous. It's nice you wanted to give people who didn't get to attend the best ice cream by hooking them up with an inside scoop, but why care about some faceless idiots on a message board when you paid to have a good time? It's not like no one would ever know otherwise.

And for the record, I'm assuming you were taking other notes besides just the match times.

Hey now ... take your nonsense to the No Holds Barred folder. We don't need any of your usual imbecility bringing down the discussion.

I'm only stating the obvious.

Guest subliminal_animal

Oh, that's what you would say.

I'm a civil man, borderline saintly at times, so I refuse to have it out with you here, despite that being what you so desperately want. See, because I'm not here to please you and do what you want; I'm only here to please all of my tremendous fans. But you, me and we can go to the one place here where it wouldn't inappropriate to throw it down like you wanna and we oughta ... and we'll see what happens there.

I stick the pitchfork through your bitch heart, that's what.

I'm sorry, but taking a stopwatch to a wrestling show must look ridiculous. It's nice you wanted to give people who didn't get to attend the best ice cream by hooking them up with an inside scoop, but why care about some faceless idiots on a message board when you paid to have a good time? It's not like no one would ever know otherwise.

And for the record, I'm assuming you were taking other notes besides just the match times.

Two things.

1. The stopwatch is actually part of the regular wristwatch, which is quite common on digital watches these days.

2. Actually, the only notes I write down are the winners, the finish, and the time of the fall, and I do that on the program. The rest of the recap comes from memory, which is why some reports are more detailed than others. I've done that since I started going to shows when I was 7, and old school fans will admit to doing that before I ever thought of it. Really, I do it just because I like having it for my records, and I couldn't care less whether anybody else cared how long it took Joe Blow to pin Jose Cuervo or not. It's a matter of curiousity with me.

Guest subliminal_animal

Jeez, just bite my head off, why don't you.

And I didn't think too many people still wore digital watches. Unless they were kind of outdoorsy. But whatever way you slice it, you're an odd guy.

I'll admit to being odd, but that's the first time I've ever been called that on a wrestling board. Oh well.