• U2
    • Weezer
    • Nirvana
    • Tool
    • Pearl Jam
    • Metallica
    • Pink Floyd
    • Led Zepplin

Ringo started and basically popularized the 4/4 beat, while Dave Grohl is decent, not some god prodigy, like Neil Peart or Mike Portnoy, he was up staged by many "grunge" era bands.

I hate Paul as much as I hate warm beer.

Krist is what you call "I'm good for this band, but if i joined another band, I'll degrade them".

Cobain is highly over-rated. His song writings are not even comparable to John Lennon, Pete Townshead, and even fromt there time, Eddie Vedder, Jerry Cantrell, Layne Stayley.

Hell Layne is the best singer that came out of the 90's.

Kurt guitar ability is the only thing is puzzling me. Not a shredder, doesn't really show it live, by playing sloppy like Jimmy Page...I think he does hold back a bit though, but he's still nothin special.

Guest Harry Hood

Wow you guys nail three of my favorite bands in a row with Phish, the Dead, and Pixies.

The Dead though i could see as kinda overrated, as they sometimes get thrown around in the best band discussion where I don't feel they rightly belong. They just filled a niche in the grand scheme of rock.

But Phish I would argue as underrated. No songs on radio. No huge chart sales. No large scale critical success. Just a damn fine live act for all intents and purposes.

But hey it's your choice I guess. I would actually risk castration here on this board and say most of the metal bands that are mentioned a lot are overrated. I've tried to listen to them and dont' particularly feel anything towards them. And Nirvana too

Nirvana, without doubt. The band is horrible and I have NEVER heard even one song by them that didn't suck, and yet everyone always HAS to give them verbal blowjobs like the Hendrix one.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Hell Layne is the best singer that came out of the 90's.

Chris Cornell

No way. Staley had a more distinct sound, and a great creepy voice, Cornell was just a good rock singer. Also, Layne was more creative with his harmonies, and wrote lyrics that were infinitely superior, in my book.

As far as best rock vocalist in 90's..I'll take Dax Riggs.