TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman9000

2003 IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational Thread

Think M-Dogg and Josh are gonna feel slightly uncomfortable with certain people from CZW (coughACIDcough) at the show? Maybe it's because I just recently started watching One More Time, but given that Trent is CZW's franchise more or less, I'd expect some definite tension.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Kamikaze Ken Anderson is a Minnesota/Wisconsin Indy Main Eventer...

Has had many battles with Sam Hayne, Kevin Kruger, Horace the Psychopath, Mike Mercury, Adrian Lynch, Raven, (Colt Cabana and CM Punk (?) ) and many others...

He worked here in Green Bay a ton over the last few years and has been a jobber of the WWE and a tryout guy for TNA. He should bring a solid showing.

I think the CZW vs. XPW rivalry was more of a John Zandig vs. XPW rivalry. Ian Rotten worked XPW earlier this year and he is now in CZW, M-Dogg 20 has already worked against two CZW wrestlers, Adam Flash and Sonjay Dutt, and they worked a pretty good 3-Way Tag Team match.

Guest j.o.b. squad

1 first round match that was already named was webb vs dutt which will also be a lht hwt title match.

zack he does not have to like him. he has to work with him. If I had to be freinds with every one i worked with I woude go all abby and start forkin people.

Man down.

Matt Stryker (I think the unibrow guy) has decided to work somewhere in NC instead of the TPI. His replacement (make it NYC Matt Striker, just for shits and giggles) will be named soon.

zack he does not have to like him. he has to work with him. If I had to be freinds with every one i worked with I woude go all abby and start forkin people.

I understand where you're coming from, but given Trent's stake in CZW where he's the messiah of wrestling (not to be confused with his stablemate in Hi-V, The Messiah), I'm just wondering if we'd have seen a H8 Club/Hero type of incident. The promo at One More Time was obviously just done to rip on the competition and get the easy face pop for the CZW loyalists, but given the mindset through many indies on former XPW talent (how ROH and CZW won't book any of them, etc) I just wasn't putting it past them to have tension. Then again, I might be reading too much into a dead issue.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

With Stryker gone, there's only one man they should book:

TRACY SMOTHERS BABAY~!

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

I understand where you're coming from, but given Trent's stake in CZW where he's the messiah of wrestling (not to be confused with his stablemate in Hi-V, The Messiah), I'm just wondering if we'd have seen a H8 Club/Hero type of incident. The promo at One More Time was obviously just done to rip on the competition and get the easy face pop for the CZW loyalists, but given the mindset through many indies on former XPW talent (how ROH and CZW won't book any of them, etc) I just wasn't putting it past them to have tension. Then again, I might be reading too much into a dead issue.

Oh yeah Zack,

CZW got the H8 Club/Hero incident out of their system (with MDogg at least) when 6 CZW guys absolutely murdered M-Dogg at Night 2 of IWA King of the Deathmatches.

Then Chris Hero made the save, and kicked the crap out of Nick Gage, so all is right with the world now.

LINEUP CHANGES

OUT:

Matt Stryker

Dino Bambino

Trent Acid

IN:

Todd Sexton

Sal Rinauro

Michael Shane

THE NEW OFFICIAL LINEUP (until someone else drops out)

#1: Colt Cabana

#2: Chris Hero (2000 winner)

#3: Jimmy Jacobs

#4: Chris Sabin

#5: B-Boy

#6: Jonny Storm

#7: Michael Shane

#8: AJ Styles

#9: Danny Daniels (IWA-MS Heavyweight Champion)

#10: Sonjay Dutt (IWA-MS LightHeavyweight Champion)

#11: Todd Sexton

#12: Nigel McGuiness

#13: Truth Martini (If his neck injury heals in time, he's got three weeks)

#14: JC Bailey

#15: Alex Shelley

#16: Sal Rinauro

#17: BJ Whitmer (2002 Winner)

#18: Jimmy Rave

#19: Nate Webb

#20: Arik Cannon

#21: M-Dogg 20

#22: Josh Prohibition

#23: Ken Anderson

#24: Jerry Lynn

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
LINEUP CHANGES

OUT:

Matt Stryker

Dino Bambino

Trent Acid

IN:

Todd Sexton

Sal Rinauro

Michael Shane

I have no problems with these changes. Sexton is a frigging machine, Sal is incredibly entertaining, Shane's underrated and brings the NAME VALUE~!

Screw Trent in this case, I love the guy's work to death, but he should have been professional and accepted that Ian booked these guys.

I'm more upset about Bambino. I've only seen one match of his (MAW Hardcore Cup 2003, vs. Anderson/Hero/Cabana) and want to see more. This tourny would have been a great way for him to get his name out.

Bambino > Shane

As for Acid, I expected this once M-Dogg and JoshPro were booked. No surprise really.

Sucks that Acid and Dino are out, but it'll be interesting to see this Sal Rinauro guy in an actual match. People seem to be real high on him.

I predict: hmm Colt Cabana.. though I'll probably be wrong.

Edited by PsychoDriver

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

#18: Jimmy Rave

Theres your winner, I'm calling it now

One can only hope.

I've called Shelley for a while, and I'm gonna stick with that.

It's gonna be a person who's gonna be an IWA-MS regular, and Shelley fits that mold, plus he could use the push and recognition.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

SM though, is right. The logical choice is Alex Shelley. Like I said earlier in the thread, Chris Hero basically came out and said "Alex Shelley is winning TPI" at the July 4th show.