TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One & Only Madden 2004 Thread

Guest Unwritten Religion

I Like the sound track. It has AFI's "The Leaving Song, Part II", which is one of my faveorite songs of this year. And Belive it or Not, I actully like the Blink-182 song. And you can't tell me that Bubba Spraxxx song owns?

Anyway, I started with the Jets and we fucking suck. So I traded my First Round pick For Shockey. We almost made the playoffs and Martin got the AFC MVP. Then I move the Team to LA(Cause I Wanna), and then we had a break out year. Chad won the NFL MVP, and We blew out the Bucs in the Super Bowel(42-7).

I might buy it, but I have to see if ESPN is Better.

This was already mentioned in the sports forum but since it is Madden related, the cover jinx struck once again as Michael Vick broke his fibula tonight and is out for at least six weeks.

This was already mentioned in the sports forum but since it is Madden related, the cover jinx struck once again as Michael Vick broke his fibula tonight and is out for at least six weeks.

:( Geezus, what is the curse the cover jinx brings these days? Dammit, that's not good.

This one I'm torn on....but, I wish they had a total overall top 100 when scouting for the draft, I just wish they had that so I knew who are supposed to be the top overall, even though each position usually has a couple projected first rounders.

And what really is the worst thing, I cannot draft good CB's to save my life!

For me it's WRs. Following the fantasy draft I'm always in the last 5 picks. Usually I find someone I just can't pass up and by the end of the 2nd round EVERY DAMN WR IS GONE! Why can't it be like the real draft when there's like 50 WRs? Plus, there should've been an easier way to check to see what holes needed filling on your roster. Still, the draft is one of the best parts of the game for me. Of course, I thought recruiting was the best part of NCAA so I guess I just like finding prospects.

Guest Vitamin X

Does anyone know what the yellow number in the person's stats indicate? I've been trying to figure this out...

Does anyone know what the yellow number in the person's stats indicate? I've been trying to figure this out...

I BELIEVE it's the stats that are affected by your coaching staff and training staff. Not totally sure though.

Guest Choken One
For me it's WRs. Following the fantasy draft I'm always in the last 5 picks. Usually I find someone I just can't pass up and by the end of the 2nd round EVERY DAMN WR IS GONE! Why can't it be like the real draft when there's like 50 WRs? Plus, there should've been an easier way to check to see what holes needed filling on your roster. Still, the draft is one of the best parts of the game for me. Of course, I thought recruiting was the best part of NCAA so I guess I just like finding prospects.

Um just when your in the draft mode...Hit triangle and go to breakdown and it tells what holes to fill

for some reason I'm always lacking a CB.

I'm stockpiled with FS's tho

What I mean is, there should be a cheat sheet on the draft page, maybe a highlight on the positions you still need, or a breakdown next to the positions. It just seems to slow down the draft going to the breakdown for every round just to see what you still need.

Good FS's are pretty easy to find. Decent CB's can be had, really good ones do go pretty early.

Guest Vitamin X

I BELIEVE it's the stats that are affected by your coaching staff and training staff. Not totally sure though.

And it's a damn shame that the instruction booklet doesn't cover it, especially since it's one of the NEW~ (as they like pointing out) features in the game.

Can anyone clarify this?

I am fairly certain CV is right, the yellow numbers are the coaching staff's effect on players. I'm the Pats and most of my defensive players have gotten a small boost because of Belichick's high defensive rating.

I'll clarify.

It IS affected by new coaches. I shifted my coaching staff after my first season.

Those stats varied quite a bit with the new special teams coach I hired, or at least with mine it did. Totally messed up everything with my team and in my second season I went 9-7 missing the playoffs as the Colts rebounded from last season to 10-6.

So yes, it CAN fuck up your team. Then again, I was playing a better schedule in my second season.

I got the game yesterday, and I've noticed a few things that are different from 2003:

- The soundtrack sucks. I could tolerate last year's (hey, I even LIKED Everyday), but this year's is just full of crap. Thank god for the option to turn off certain tracks.

- The punting game is much better. Guys actually get down the field and BLOCK for you. I've already returned 2 for TD's, I think I returned 2 in 7 MONTHS of play on 2003.

- The running game is a bit tougher. This may be because Antowain Smith blows, but I'm definitely not racking up 125 yds/game with ease.

Of course, one thing thankfully hasn't changed: MELISSA STARK IS IN THE GAME!!! :wub:

Fuck Lisa Guerrero.

Guest Vitamin X

And if you have an Xbox, the custom soundtracks really come in handy. Some of the new EA SPORTS TRAX songs are actually alright, but even better when mixed in with some Slayer and Kill Em All Metallica.

Though I do miss the Andrew WK "Party Hard" starting off my Madden adventures... :(*sniff*

What custom teams have you gotten with your Madden Cards?

I've gotten the following...(I have 241/285 cards total)

1972 Dolphins

1974 Steelers

1976 Raiders

1978 Dolphins

1980 Raiders

1982 Redskins

1983 Raiders

1985 Bears

1990 Eagles

1991 Lions

1993 Bills

1994 49ers

1996 Packers

1998 Broncos

Still missing 12 teams...grr

Guest Choken One

I'm getting a kick out of the relocated teams

The Green Bay Packers became MEXICO CITY EXPRESS.

Detroit Lions became Las Vegas Fire

Miami Dolphions became Manhatten Bandits.

and...

Baltimore Ravens became Boston Dragons...

I'm getting a kick out of the relocated teams

The Green Bay Packers became MEXICO CITY EXPRESS.

Detroit Lions became Las Vegas Fire

Miami Dolphions became Manhatten Bandits.

and...

Baltimore Ravens became Boston Dragons...

:lol:

I relocated the Texans after their second season as I went into the negative.

So I relocated them to:

Anaheim. What did I call them? The Anaheim Wave.

...then I had to return my rental copy. Dammit, if I wasn't poor, I'd so buy Madden.

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I relocated my Cincy Bengals to HAL LEE WOOD! and named them "Comets"...

Another annoying thing about EA sports...

The Logo Graphics suck and need to be updated PRONTO!

I swear I always wind up having a team called Comets.

Guest Unwritten Religion

I Move the Cheifs to LA and call them.... THE OILERS~!!!!!!

I Made thier Jerseys like the old school ones, But I Made the Alternate Jerseys White On White.

After their thrid year, I signed Junior Seau as our D. Coach and signed Free Agents Warren Sapp, Tim Couch, and Kordell Stewert. We went to the SB and Killed the Falcons 73-7.

Too Bad I had to take it back yesterday.

^^^NFL2K4 fanboy alert!

I love how people can look so forward to this game when the only improvement over last years game is the ESPN presentation. Bells and Whistles again whooo!

Madden's gameplay is much improived too. For instance it's quite a bit harder than it's predecessors. I'm definitely not seeing what all the "critics" are seeing about this Madden game.

Yes I think most people that criticize Madden just see that the graphics haven't improved (which I would have to say this year has been the least improved graphically since its been on PS2) and then just dump on the game. For me graphics are the least important thing about sports games.

Also I always wonder all these NFL 2k fans always saying Madden hasn't improved I always wonder what exactly has been added and improved to the NFL 2k games?

uh challenge.

C'mon I just played All Madden with the Seahawks and still whooped the Rams 31-9 at the end of the second with 6 minute quaters.

Mind you the graphics are better still not as good as 2K series, the commentary is improved, not much though.

Band wagoners?

C'mon almost every one here ditches the series half way through then plays the 2K Series.

Besides I have an X-Box, and with online play witht the 2k series...it just ownz.

Anybody else getting this problem w/Franchise Mode? I swear, I've gotten it for like 8 straight Franchises and it's pissing me off...

Okay, I finish a season and do everything that the off season asks. I finish the next season and I click go to off season. When I click schedule, it shows everything as being done even though I haven't done anything and the controls are set on user. I can only click start new season. I do that, then it shows the previous season's season, playoffs, super bowl, etc. so I click go to off season. The problem is, the first 1 or 3 categories are "done" and when I click on rookie scouting, it's completely blank and it freezes up on me if I try to skip it and go straight to the draft. Any reasons for this occurring? Anybody else have this happen to them?