TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonWestMark03

The Shockmaster

Guest DonWestMark03

I just remembered how funny the Shockmaster was and his samous debut. :P Post any funny comments about ol' Shockmaster.

Anybody know what the original plans for the Shockmaster were before the infamous fall? :P

He was supposed to be pushed big but I don't know the details of what they had planned.

I remember watching that show live (my first COTC) and thinking the segment was more stupid than funny (although, in retrospect - it's pretty damn funny). Me thinking it was stupid was simply because this 'nobody' was hyped up by Sting, put in the main event of a PPV, was made part of Wargames, had on a sparkling storm trooper's helmet, and talked like he was the devil.

They turned him into the goofy klutzy construction worker Uncle Fred...well, because he was Dustin Rhodes' uncle, and Dusty was booking. I remember there also being a Super Shock Master as well.

Personally, I thought the funniest thing about the Shockmaster is that they pretaped the shows back then 2 weeks ahead of time at least, yet they still aired it when they could have easily reshot it.

Guest BAR

Ah, the memories. One of the funniest moments in wrestling history. The Star Wars mask, coloured in purple, classic.

Guest usmale

i watched that live also and my mom was in the room and she saw that happen and she felt sorry for him and said "oh, his little head is getting away" at that point in time i just lost it and laughed for hours. classic

I remember that was the last big wrestling show I watched when I still lived on Long Island, New York and everyone was busy doing stuff around me and I was just chilling watching that and when it happenend I bursted out laughing, I actually won the video of WCW Clash of the Champions XXIV on EBay like a year and a half ago and it was still funny to this day, although I did show it to my one friend who began watching wrestling in like 1998 and he did not find it funny at all, he was wondering what was so funny while I was sitting there cracking up, HAHA!!!

Thanks.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
I remember that was the last big wrestling show I watched when I still lived on Long Island, New York and everyone was busy doing stuff around me and I was just chilling watching that and when it happenend I bursted out laughing, I actually won the video of WCW Clash of the Champions XXIV on EBay like a year and a half ago and it was still funny to this day, although I did show it to my one friend who began watching wrestling in like 1998 and he did not find it funny at all, he was wondering what was so funny while I was sitting there cracking up, HAHA!!!

Thanks.

Run-On-Sentence-A-Mania is running wild!

Anyway...

Talking about the Shockmaster makes me sad that Wrestlecrap is no longer up (in a way that all the articles aren't up, cause I know he puts 2 up a week)

I wish I had the Website on CD-Rom. (Cries to sleep)

Thanks.

Run-On-Sentence-A-Mania is running wild!

Anyway...

Talking about the Shockmaster makes me sad that Wrestlecrap is no longer up (in a way that all the articles aren't up, cause I know he puts 2 up a week)

I wish I had the Website on CD-Rom. (Cries to sleep)

I love it how every new member of the board always comes and on and says something negative to say about me, I will be nice and say WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

Thanks.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Actually I was DarkHollywood for about 6-7 months but I lost my AOL email address for that and misplaced the new password, So I had to make a new one.

Besides, I always make note of errors.

Actually I was DarkHollywood for about 6-7 months but I lost my AOL email address for that and misplaced the new password, So I had to make a new one.

Besides, I always make note of errors.

Oh ok, well welcome to your board under your new name, actually this same type of thing happenend to me when an actually cheap seat ticket holder told me he didn't give a you know whatsy's about watch wrestling video I was watched while all veteran posters where just give me their opens. He got the business from all of the current veteran posters about that one!!!

Thanks.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Just saying thats all. I'm not gonna flame a person because of something stupid like that. I'd get banned. I only said something because it seems like if you said that out loud it would sound like you were gasping for breath without stopping and that is annoying isnt it because I do.

Woops. My Bad. I have bad grammer. BAN ME PLZ!! (insulting 70% of the board) Jsut kidding on banning me.

Me Stupid. I tried twisting the cap off my Pepsi, except it was a can. LOL

Alright, be careful with the Pepsi's, you must try it the other way around one day and break your finger by trying to snap the top off of a bottle, that could be tragic, haha!!!

Thanks.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

That actually got a chuckle out of me.

(Currently listening to: Turtle Power by MC Hammer)

YES! Jailhouse Match on Confidential!

Raven, please allow me to point out the mistakes from your last few posts. Hopefully this will serve as a mirror for you to gaze into and witness your horrible grammar! No longer will you have to try and be cute by calling out other posters because you will now be able to marvel at how badly your own posts exemplify proper english!

"Talking about the Shockmaster makes me sad that Wrestlecrap is no longer up (in a way that all the articles aren't up, cause I know he puts 2 up a week)"

No periods, misplacement of a comma, and no apostrophe before "cause" don't mkae you look like too much of an English genius!

"Actually I was DarkHollywood for about 6-7 months but I lost my AOL email address for that and misplaced the new password, So I had to make a new one."

Hey, good job using a period to end a sentence. Too bad you frogot a comma following "Actually", a comma before "but", and you wrongly placed a comma after "password" and made sure to make a run on sentece of your own directly following that. Isn't that what you criticized Drury for to begin with?

"Besides, I always make note of errors."

That's great! Make sure you make note of these as well.

"Just saying thats all. I'm not gonna flame a person because of something stupid like that. I'd get banned. I only said something because it seems like if you said that out loud it would sound like you were gasping for breath without stopping and that is annoying isnt it because I do.

Woops. My Bad. I have bad grammer. BAN ME PLZ!! (insulting 70% of the board) Jsut kidding on banning me.

Me Stupid. I tried twisting the cap off my Pepsi, except it was a can. LOL "

You actually began to improve here, and your final post was well done! Just make sure that next time you want to note mistakes. You should have placed a comma after "saying". The phrase "if you said that out loud" should also be set off with commas, it's an appositive. There should also be a comma before the conjunction "and" to keep this from being another run-on. "grammer" should be spelled with an "a" and not an "e".

That will do it for my grammar lesson, but one more thing about this paragraph puzzles me. You seem to be jumping on the bandwagon of posters who like to come to this board and stereotype others. I am particularly troubled by the phrase "Woops. My Bad. I have bad grammer. BAN ME PLZ!! (insulting 70% of the board) Jsut kidding on banning me."

It appears here that you have taken notice of many posts involving one poster jumping on another's case because of poor grammar usage. Now, if I could direct you to your post located eight upward, you should see that you just did that exact same thing! That's puzzling when I take into account this phrase.

I don't believe that 70% of this board, as you claim, are the stereotyped assholes you see them as.

Back to the topic at hand, I think the Shockmaster idea was just a product of bad writing, much like all feds have had. The problem here was the badly written material was performed even at an even worse level. I had no idea this ever hapened until a few years ago. I was prompted by a friend to read an article about some of the worst moments in wrestling, and I got the chance to see what all the hilarity was about. Truly comedic gold.

Guest Doyo
Personally, I thought the funniest thing about the Shockmaster is that they pretaped the shows back then 2 weeks ahead of time at least, yet they still aired it when they could have easily reshot it.

The Clash of Champions were live.

I remember you could hear Flair in the background gasp, "Oh God!"

Now I have to have that Clash just for that....

and I cracked up watching the Jailhouse match, it was even funnier the second time around.

Guest Super Leather

Aside from Wrestlecrap, are there any other sites that feature the oh-so-hilarious debut of the Shockmaster? You just don't get the full effect without Sting hyping the fat bastard before he makes his grand entrance by falling down and dropping the damn helmet. I think I even saw that on the Clash and busted a gut laughing.

WWE should figure out a way to reprise the Shockmaster gimmick by using someone like Mark Henry to do the exact same thing.