TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Train can wrestle, talk, and not injure someone

How is A-Train not over? I bet he gets more heel heat than anyone on the Smackdown roster outside of Vince and whoever's beating up Zach Gowen this week. A heel's job isn't to get tons of cheers and make the babyface look bad. A heel's job is to get booed. Given how little he's had to work with, I think A-Train's done a damn fine job.

He does psychology better than most big men, and while high spots are all good and fun, sometimes you need a power match in the middle of the show to even things out. If all we had was Spanky and Shannon Moore hopping around all day, Smackdown would be a less enjoyable program.

Guest TheGame2705

If you're wondering why Train isn't over, ask yourself how you could get over with the gimmick of a body piercer and your ring name being the same name as a pierced penis or being BossMan's lackey, or being vanilla power man with Trish, or enforcer to X-Pac.

How is A-Train not over? I bet he gets more heel heat than anyone on the Smackdown roster outside of Vince and whoever's beating up Zach Gowen this week. A heel's job isn't to get tons of cheers and make the babyface look bad. A heel's job is to get booed. Given how little he's had to work with, I think A-Train's done a damn fine job.

He does psychology better than most big men, and while high spots are all good and fun, sometimes you need a power match in the middle of the show to even things out. If all we had was Spanky and Shannon Moore hopping around all day, Smackdown would be a less enjoyable program.

Haas and Benjamin get more heel heat..

Guest Thunder Rising!!!

I think i was the first to start a A-Train is not crap topic and I still stand for my opinion, if people would actually take a closer look a an A-Train match that is not a squash, you can see the psychology behind all his moves and he probably got the "shave your back" chants just because ignorant people don't give a fuck about him because of his bad character.

For his comparison with RVD, yes RVD is more over than him but he really needs to improve his selling and his offense is really getting stale because RVD is all about flashy offence and even these flashy offences are really getting on my nerves.

Both men have their flaws but RVD is more over but A-Train can work a better match if given a chance.

I think i was the first to start a A-Train is not crap topic and I still stand for my opinion, if people would actually take a closer look a an A-Train match that is not a squash, you can see the psychology behind all his moves and he probably got the "shave your back" chants just because ignorant people don't give a fuck about him because of his bad character.

To be honest, I agree.

At Wrestlemania this year, I actually believe that if Big Show wasn't involved in the match, A-Train and Taker could have done something halfway interesting, judging from how the pace of the match when while those two were in the ring. It was obvious Taker was busting ass as best he could (under the circumstances) and I feel that A-Train could have gone with the pace of Taker quite well.

That is just one example that came to mind, I'm sure there are others.

Guest Anglesault

Albert is no better than the best of the hosses. Sure, He's the best Hoss they have, but that doesn't in anyway, shape or form make him good or more deserving of a push than Ultimo Dragon or Spanky.

Guest Goodear

You know there are times when I think that people just make up their minds about things and then ignore what actually happens on screen. A-Train hasn't even been in a real match on Smackdown in weeks and everyone is enraged that he's getting too much.

Ultimo Dragon and Spanky getting A-Train's push of the week is insane. Neither one is going to look the least bit credible against The Undertaker and it would be a waste of time to put them in there with him. Could those guys get pushed more than they are? Absolutely yes, in an active cruiserweight environment. But not the way they're promoting A-Train so to say "OMG A-Train is stealing their spot" is a joke.

On an unrelated note* Hell, I put the thing in my sig and it still scares the hell out of me when I'm not paying attention. It just doesn't beat Dutchmen's Fish though.

*NO* jokes about mine doing the same, but for different reasons. If you're gonna do it, be original.

UYI

Well, if your's was a more recent pic...

You know there are times when I think that people just make up their minds about things and then ignore what actually happens on screen. A-Train hasn't even been in a real match on Smackdown in weeks and everyone is enraged that he's getting too much.

What about that main event match teaming with Big Show?

Otherwise, yeah, that's true--but I honestly don't think anyone should be pushed the way A-Train has been. There's no sense of him gradually getting over and moving up the card. He's on SD one week in the main event, then on Velocity, then interfering in a midcard match, then not on either show--it's scatterbrained and poorly planned. It's yet another example of shitty booking damaging even some one WWE seems to want to push.

Game, you know how I feel about A-train. He's a solid worker, works hard, makes people look good when he can, and has a decent moveset. I saw plenty of A-train related signs in the crowd last week which lets me know people at least care.

The hatred he receives by most people is unjustified.

I personally don't see any of the love. I think he sucks all around. My favorite Hoss is Kane so maybe I'm a bit biased but I don't see where all the "He's the best hoss!" shit comes from.

And I'm pretty sure Ultimo and Spanky can look credible against anybody. It's just the WWE's unwillingness to make it happen. And don't say "they're to small!" b/c I've debunked this theory before and when you say it you're doing exactly what Vince wants you to.

Guest TheGame2705
I personally don't see any of the love. I think he sucks all around. My favorite Hoss is Kane so maybe I'm a bit biased but I don't see where all the "He's the best hoss!" shit comes from.

And I'm pretty sure Ultimo and Spanky can look credible against anybody. It's just the WWE's unwillingness to make it happen. And don't say "they're to small!" b/c I've debunked this theory before and when you say it you're doing exactly what Vince wants you to.

Your favorite hoss blew chunks in one of his biggest matches against HHH. I've yet to see Albert blow up to 3 spots in one match.

Yeah well.....I still like Kane and I still dislike Albert. I've always hated the big hairy bald bastard and I probably always will. Hey there have been good wrestlers that I have not liked. So even if Albert surpassed Benoit in ability I'd probably still hate his ass.

Guest Ray

A-Train is far from the worst in WWE.

He bumps hard and well, executes power moves nicely, and plays his monster/bully role nicely.

I enjoyed his matches with Benoit, Lesnar, and UNDERTAKER~!

I'll go out on a limb and say his matches often make more sense than Van Dam's.

A-Train is a great athelte. He delivers massive power moves that look absolutely devastating. A-Train is definetly over with the crowd. They absolutely hate him! He gets immediate heat in anything he's involved in. Now he's feuding with the Undertaker.

That sounds pretty over to me.

Who really cares what his past gimmicks were. He was haning out with X-Pac, big deal. So was Justin Credible but no one holds that against him.

Guest TheGame2705
A-Train is a great athelte. He delivers massive power moves that look absolutely devastating. A-Train is definetly over with the crowd. They absolutely hate him! He gets immediate heat in anything he's involved in. Now he's feuding with the Undertaker.

That sounds pretty over to me.

Who really cares what his past gimmicks were. He was haning out with X-Pac, big deal. So was Justin Credible but no one holds that against him.

No offense but you didn't help Train at all. Train gets a reaction but not the typical heel reaction. Even I'll say he's not over. He's feuding with Undertaker too because Undertaker sees him potential in him and requested the feud.

When mentioning past gimmicks, it was to say he couldn't have gotten over with them.

I saw at least four A-train related signs last night on Smackdown. None of them contained the word "suck". It says something when people take the time to make a sign for someone, even if it is negative.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I saw at least four A-train related signs last night on Smackdown. None of them contained the word "suck". It says something when people take the time to make a sign for someone, even if it is negative.

Four WHOLE signs?

Jesus Christ... where's that title shot?

Guest Retro Rob

The problem with A-Train is that every few months he is pushed to the top for no apparent reason. The fans never take to him, so he gets hotshot to Velocity for a couple of months. Then all of a sudden for no apparent reason he is back in the main events of SmackDown. Yeah he is a decent worker, but why should a guy who hasn't gotten over during his last 5,000 pushes be pushed ahead of people like Matt Hardy, John Cena, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Tajiri, Rhyno, Mysterio, etc etc?

Mysterio has the CW titles and is constantly threatening for the Tag Titles, he sure isn't getting much of a push, huh?

Guerrero has the US title and Tajiri, Rhyno, and Benoit are all feuding for it.

You can't have 17 guys all fighting for the WWE title. And all A-Train is doing is feuding with the Undertaker. He's taking on someone his own size and it should result in some good matches.

Guest Anglesault

He's taking up time on Smackdown being horribly unover and farting around wth some of the top characters on the show while Ultimo can't buy time on the show.

John Cena, while not a good wrestler, is much more over than him. Yet, hes fucked off Summerslam so Albert can get a match.

Matt Hardy, at best, will be jobbing to Zach Gowan on the show.

Guest Retro Rob
Mysterio has the CW titles and is constantly threatening for the Tag Titles, he sure isn't getting much of a push, huh?

Guerrero has the US title and Tajiri, Rhyno, and Benoit are all feuding for it.

You can't have 17 guys all fighting for the WWE title. And all A-Train is doing is feuding with the Undertaker. He's taking on someone his own size and it should result in some good matches.

A-Train is now working with the MCMAHONS. They are the main events on SmackDown in the companies mind.

Rey is threatening for the tag titles, yeah so what. I wouldn't call consistently jobbing in the big match a push.

Guerrero, Tajiri, Rhyno, and Benoit are feuding for a midcard title and none of them have been put in a main event segment for months.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't A-Train main evented 2 of the last 3 SmackDowns? Those other guys would kill to have been featured in that segment.

Guest Retro Rob
Ultimo's been in the company for a month and you already want him being put over above guys that have paid they dues.

He doesn't have to go over anyone. Just fucking USE him in a productive manner.

So you'd rather see Benoit, Guerrero, Rhyno, and Tajiri maineventing over Angle and Brock Lesnar?

Benoit and Guerrero should be doing something at the WWE title level. No question, but I don't think Rhyno and Tajiri are up to those standards yet.

Ultimo should be used in some sort of CW matches with Mysterio and Kidman. I'm not sure why they haven't had a CW title match in awhile. I think ultimately they are trying to start a Kidman/Mysterio feud.

Guest Anglesault
Ultimo's been in the company for a month and you already want him being put over above guys that have paid they dues.

Ultimo's been in the business for how many years and he hasn't paid his dues?

It''s nuts that a proven repeated failure like Albert can get his 500th push before some guys get their first.