TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Weekend Box Office Report - 8/15/03 - 8/17/03

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Nothing out next week that really interest me, except maybe The Medallion.

What i'll probably try to catch is The Battle Of Shaker Heights (From the Project Greenlight series on HBO). I caught the trailer on Coming Attractions on E!, looks good.

Anyone planning on seeing it ?

I may not like the movie as much as other people, but I want this movie to make 300 billion dollars. Cause I want to see Freddy vs Jason vs Ash or whatever they come up with next. I wanna see more Jason movies. I wanna see the Elm Street prequel. I wanna see whatever they'll put out bad or good cause at least it's a horror movie that doesn't go direct to video and begin with the words "Wes Craven Presents...."

I don't think the movie has to make 100 million for a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash movie to be made. The two franchises weren't making alot of money and they still made Freddy vs Jason.

1. I liked the movie and was really looking forward to it...but still predicted it wouldn't make near that much.

It has NOTHING to do with liking the movie...it has to do with how poor the box office for the last movies in each series had done.

2. You'll see a sequal come out FAST.

The opening weekend already outgrossed many of the previous movies from both series.

Here's some stats I foung at the internet movie database about the American Gross vs. the $36,425,000 opening by this ond:

Friday the 13th: $39,754,000

Friday the 13th 2: $19,100,000

Friday the 13th 3: $36,200,000

Friday the 13th 4: $32,980,000

Friday the 13th 5: $21,300,000

Friday the 13th 6: $19,472,057

Friday the 13th 7: $19,170,001

Friday the 13th 8: $14,343,976

Jason Goes to Hell: $15,935,068

Jason X: $12,610,731

Nightmare on Elm Street: $25,504,500

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: $30,000,000

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: $44,793,200

Nightmare on Elm Street 4: $49,369,900

Nightmare on Elm Street 5: $22,168,359

Nightmare on Elm Street 6: $34,872,293

New Nightmare: $18,090,181

This doesn't take inflation into account...but the opening weekend of Freddy vs. Jason whooped the ass of many of the previous films TOTAL US Gross.

Guest Lethargic
Nothing out next week that really interest me, except maybe The Medallion.

What i'll probably try to catch is The Battle Of Shaker Heights (From the Project Greenlight series on HBO). I caught the trailer on Coming Attractions on E!, looks good.

Anyone planning on seeing it ?

I would love to see that movie after watching the series. I can't wait, but I'm pretty positive it won't play anywhere near me. It's funny to watch the show and see all the stuff about the drama and the comedy and then see the trailer for the movie that makes it look like a complete comedy. I'm really interested to seeing if they really managed to make it that way.

After I went to the theater Friday night and saw how many people were there I knew it would make some serious bank.

And F vs J may get another $8 out of me this week.

Grind is the new Out Cold.

11 Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life $2,825,000/$59,117,000

12 Grind $2,615,000/$2,615,000

And I stand corrected, Out Cold did 4,531,665 opening weekend. So Grind is much lower on the chart.

I'm shocked. I know I didn't voice my prediction on the board, but I'll admit I was wrong.

I thought it would make MORE than that.

I've been to all the big movies. I've hardly missed a big screen "event" since my first, 1989's Batman. I've seen Star Wars, Spider-Man, The MatrixTitanic, the supposed BIG movies.

I've never experienced anything like Freddy vs Jason. First off, I got to the theatre around 7 for the 7:20 show and my friends had already been turned away. For the first time ever, a movie was sold out before I got tickets. We all got tickets for the 9:40 show. The theatre was packed. And loud. People were cheering, screaming, applauding, laughing at all the right parts. I'm not his biggest fan, but I enjoyed

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

the HUGE ovation Jason rising out of the water got

Then I get home. Every theatre I read about on F13 Forums was packed. I was expecting at least $50 million, but this was an R rated movie.

Oh, well; I was wrong.

Holy shit Open Range did well.

It did epsecially well when you factor in that it opened on less screens than a lot of movies. I'm sure it will have "legs", too. Word of mouth will help this movie make decent money.

I was interested..up until the moment they fired Kane(The guy who played Jason before) Just not the same.

Kinda funny, considering he only played Jason for 7, 8, Hell, and X. 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 each had a different actor for Jason, I believe.

ACTOR?

It looks like Gigli has been pulled completly from theaters. It's not listed as one of the top 100 grossing films of the week. and the-numbers.com doesn't even have it listed as being out a 3rd week.

I'm not surprised at all. I went with my girlfriend on Saturday afternoon to see this flick, and it was packed. And we had just had the big blackout! A friend of mine went Sunday evening and said it was still full.

Guest Choken One
it was pulled and shipped overseas.

They can keep it

Bet Saddam gets a hold of this...and uses it against us...

Bush: Mr. Hussein...If you burn that Movie...We might be able to reach an neogotiation...

Hussein: Nah! MORE GIGLI FOR YOUR TROOPS! HA!

Bush: NOOOOOOO!

eh...I suck at Political Comedy