TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Notorious CRD

King of the Coliseum

Guest The Notorious CRD

After months of reading about how great King of the Coliseum was over at GameFAQs, I surfed on over to Buy-Rite and plunked down the cash to buy an import PS2 and a copy of King of the Coliseum: Green (as well as a copy of All-Star Wrestling since it was only $15).

So has anyone here played the game? Or All-Star Wrestling for that matter? Tell me what you think about it/them.

Guest COMMISSIONERHBK9

I bough king of colosseum and i love it. it is a great game. first i bought the red version. i love the red version so much. i went and got the green version. it is very addictive. i unlock everything from both versions. i just got finish doing a tournment with my friends. if you have any question's that you want to ask, i could help you the best to my ability.

Questions...

1] What's the difference between Red & Green versions?

2] How much does it cost to get an American PS2 modified in order to play imports?

Cool, cool, is this game actually licensed by the feds? I mean, do they use real names and fed logos, or is it along the lines of Fire Pro?

The only downside I can see with having two versions with separate rosters, is that you won't be able to have, say, Vader taking on Chono or Takayama against Nagata. Or is there some sort of porting option that makes this possible?

Cool, cool, is this game actually licensed by the feds? I mean, do they use real names and fed logos, or is it along the lines of Fire Pro?

The only downside I can see with having two versions with separate rosters, is that you won't be able to have, say, Vader taking on Chono or Takayama against Nagata. Or is there some sort of porting option that makes this possible?

Yes, its actually licensed by the feds.

There's this thing you can do with your memory card that makes it so you can have the rosters interact. For instance, you can have another Kawada and Misawa match if you choose. All you have to do is use this option.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I'm going to try and get the Red disc for Christmas so I can have the complete set of rosters. I can't wait for the darn thing to get here already.

I'm going to try and get the Red disc for Christmas so I can have the complete set of rosters. I can't wait for the darn thing to get here already.

Did you get the flip-top case for your PS2? Or did you use a chip of some sort? I'm wondering which is the best option to go for...

Get the fliptop. You put it in your self so you don't have to give it to someone else. Also new games are sometimes unusable with the chips because of anti-chip technology.

Edited by frozenblockofpissreborn

Good point. Know of any sites where I can order the fliptop AND KoC? Or is that site that Nevermortal gave me the only one that sells the fliptop?

I'm on break so I don't have much time to do it myself but, just do a google search for "flip top ps2". There are many sites that have them and you can search for the best deal. Just make sure that you get two boot discs with it, a cd and a dvd disc.

No, the fliptop is different than that though the boot discs do appear to be the same. The fliptop involves removing the screws from the bottom, unclipping a wire or two, and then replacing the top half of the ps2 with a different cover. It also prevents wear on the ejection tray which was one of the main reasons I picked mine up. I'll ask around about this new device though, when and if I find anything out, I'll let everybody know.

KOC is a top notch wrestling game. I have both discs. In my mind, it's one of the two premiere wrestling game series out there (the other being All-Star Pro Wrestling).

Overall, I prefer the recently released ASPW III over it. I think that game captures more of the real life aspects of wrestling than KOC does. KOC feels robotic at times (guys showing little in the way of emotion and selling, not that great of transition spots, stuff like that). Note that the first ASPW is said to be rather bad, though. Square fixed things up for I, and even more so with III.

Each series has its down distinct feel, which is a good thing. This Spike vs. Square-Enix wrestling game war should be excellent. Have fun with KOC!