TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

What match is going to be on last at Summerslam?

Guest Korrosive

Sadly, I think the Evolution Chamber is going to go last. Kurt/Brock went on last at Wrestlemania, and surely, Trips isn't going to let this happen again.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Its pretty much a no brainer - multi-ton Elimination Chamber doesn't move too quickly...

Guest Choken One

Exactly...and a EC shouldn't be a mid-card match...

Besides Raw has only headlined TWO ppvs this year

Exactly...and a EC shouldn't be a mid-card match...

Besides Raw has only headlined TWO ppvs this year

I think the EC will go on last but I think KOTR 1998 sets a precedent for matches like that being the semi-main then figuring into the main event. (At KOTR 98, they kept lowering the Cell during the Austin-Kane first blood match as a part of the Russo-induced storyline.)

Guest Anglesault
and a EC shouldn't be a mid-card match...

niether should Kurt/Brock, but what can you do, huh?

Well EC should be last since a heel Brock will win the title and a face Goldberg will win the title to close out the show to a thunderous pop to send the fans back home happy.

In theory.

Guest Anglesault
Well EC should be last since a heel Brock will win the title and a face Goldberg will win the title to close out the show to a thunderous pop to send the fans back home happy.

In theory.

FGB doesn't get thunderous pops on PPV.

No, he doesn't. But I don't think figures in to their plans. I keep hearing the reason why WWE are considering not putting the title on Goldberg is that doesn't do house shows, not that crowds keep turning on the guy at PPVs.

Remember, Vince listens to the fans, not people on the internet or people who attend the shows.

Guest drdrainoscott

While the argument that the chamber doesn't move too quickly and therefore will go on last does make sense, it seems to me that the WWE realizes that the Smackdown World Title is indeed the real World Title, and they treat it with more respect then the Raw title. Unless I'm mistaken, then Raw title has never headlined a PPV when the World Title was being defended.

Guest CronoT

In theory.

And since when has Vince started caring about what the fans think again?

While the argument that the chamber doesn't move too quickly and therefore will go on last does make sense, it seems to me that the WWE realizes that the Smackdown World Title is indeed the real World Title, and they treat it with more respect then the Raw title. Unless I'm mistaken, then Raw title has never headlined a PPV when the World Title was being defended.

what about at the december ppv when the raw title went on last?

Guest EternallyLazy

I say let the RAW side main event summerslam just as long as Mania is always... ALWAYS main evented by Smackdown

Remember, Vince listens to the fans, not people on the internet or people who attend the shows.

So Vince hears voices coming from his appliances?

Guest AndrewisyourHero

So Vince hears voices coming from his appliances?

seems about right, yeah.

The EC should go on last. Not only is it a big thing to have to put together/take apart and is time consuming in that sense, but due to the fact that their are six people competing in it, it shouldn't be rushed.

Am I the only one who thinks that an E-Chamber with the Smackdown Main Event would be better than a Raw one?

Brock, Angle, Taker, Cena, Eddy, Benoit

or

HHH, Goldberg, Orton, Jericho, HBK, Nash

Replace Cena with Tajiri.

Undertaker is a good Brawler...

Well, he's not really a main eventer...though you may have to take out Benoit & Eddy and put like Vince McMahon & A-Train in because McMahons equal ratings, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

I think they'll do the EC last simply because of the timing issue. There are going to be spots with broken glass and shit, so why waste time betweens matches cleaning it up? If EC goes on last, it's not an issue.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I don't mind Angle/Lesnar going on right before the main event(and yes, EC will be the main event) but their usual trend with split shows is to have the first title match about an hour into the PPV. I dunno, I'd think Angle and Lesnar deserve a bit more than going on before Biscoff and Shane is all. Christ, has anyone thought about that epic possibly main eventing? Its a dream match dammit!

Guest Choken One

Actually...If they do the Heel win and subsequent beatdown...

I'd say it will be fine to put it as the Mid-Card Match at 9:15 and have another match inbetween...

It didn't hurt 1992

I don't think the Elimination Chamber would work as well with Smackdown wrestlers. Raw's all about the larger than life characters that are good at big brawls. The EC suits that perfectly. Smackdown on the other hand is all about people who look like legitimate athletes and are good at technical wrestling. That's why they work better in normal one-on-one contests.

I will admit though that Orton brings down the prestige of the chamber a lot. Everyone else is gonna look like an intimidating force in one of the chambers and Orton will just look like a piece of shit. You know what would have been sweet is if they had The Rock replace Orton in the match. I guarantee you that would get an extra half million buys, because not only would The Rock draw buys by being on the card; he'd make the Chamber match look way more important.

Oh, and the Chamber's definitely going last. It's not even in doubt.

Prediction: Orton plays rag doll and bleeds all over the place, but gets to eliminate HBK. Will eventually get eliminated by F.G.B.

And is there any real question that the Elimination Monstrosity will go last? I think not.

Guest Choken One

If anyone busts like a Stuck Pig it's Shawn, Jericho and Hunter.

Nash never blades...Orton refuses to sacrifice his looks...and Goldberg can't bleed very well as it's not even a good visual...

The only way Orton will get any kind of respect from the crowd and "the boys" is if he gigs like Mass Transit. He doesn't have the brawling talent or the presence to make any kind of impact in this match other than as the whipping boy. As for maintaining his pretty-boy looks, he can blade close enough to his hairline to hide any scarring.