TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest Coffey
Do you own SYM as well?

Slobberknocker is practically IMPOSSIBLE to beat without knowing the toe-kick.

It's the simple moves that make the game that much easier to play.

UYI

Yes I do. I got 100 on Slobberknocker, and I didn't need the toe kick.

Well, I now have all of the movesets AND legends unlocked.

Christ DH, how long have you had the game? Like 3 days?

What'd you do? Lock yourself away in your room, refusing to come out until you had completed it? Or is there really THAT little to unlock?

Coming up next, UYI asks another 20 questions.

UYI

I haven't played a video game as I've played this one, since high school. I got the game yesterday, got home with it around 11:30 AM, and I didn't turn off my PS2 untill 3:00 AM that following morning. I didn't play it that entire time, but I did for a good part of the day/night.

I've played it off and on throughout the day today.

The only thing left for me to unlock are the arenas, alternate atires, and then those stupid ass bra & pantie sets. Oh yeah, and the diva loading screens.

Who's fucking bright idea was that shit?

Who gives a piss what color the women's bras and panties are?

I'd rather have stuff WORTH a damn to unlock.

Oh I can completely relate to that, man. That is EXACTLY what I'll be doing when I get it as well.

When I first got SYM, I put it in my PS2 at about 2pm and didn't stop once until 5am. I figure that as soon as I can see the sun coming up, I've gone a little overboard.

Here Comes The Pain, there goes my social life.

UYI

Do you own SYM as well?

Slobberknocker is practically IMPOSSIBLE to beat without knowing the toe-kick.

It's the simple moves that make the game that much easier to play.

UYI

Yes I do. I got 100 on Slobberknocker, and I didn't need the toe kick.

Wow. I tired doing that, but everytime resulted in me throwing down the controller and screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs.

UYI

Guest Askewniverse
Oh yeah?  Well........Goldberg sucks!!

I'm not a Goldberg fan, but I have to admit that he's pretty awesome in this game.

UYI

Yet another classic. :D

And there goes the tagline I was going to use if I did a review for TSM in the near future.

I'm stealing that UYI, and don't try to stop me.

This thread has officially conquered the EWR 4.0 thread.

Just in case some of you were up for some pointless information.

UYI

Holy God, I just realized how may replies this thread has got.

UYI

Yet another classic. :D

And there goes the tagline I was going to use if I did a review for TSM in the near future.

I'm stealing that UYI, and don't try to stop me.

Give me CREDIT, bitch.

Guest Real F'n Show
So far I've picked up that Styles Clash, Ki Krusher 99, and Code Red are in. Any other indy moves? Someone please say the cradle piledriver is in! I'll be getting it on Friday, but for me thats just too long to wait.

Some I've noticed:

A-Train's Train Wreck can also double as Colt Cabana's Colt 45

Mike Sanders' 3.0 is in (DVD with the guy's neck landing on your knee)

Black Dragon DDT looks a little like B-Boy's Cross Special Brainbuster

Torture Rack into a Powerbomb (seen a few indy guys do that)

Tiger Bomb 4 can double as an Underhook Piledriver/Jay-Driller

Gunn Stinger (Fallaway Slam in to a Rock Bottom) lots of Indy guys do that one.

Post more as I remember them.

thanks man, only 2 more days til I get it. How about cradle piledriver, Angel's Wings, Phoenix Splash, cattle mutilation, and a good SSP that I'll be able to use as the London Calling? Thanks.

Argh. I can't get Benoit to FUCKING STAY DOWN in a Last Man Standing match. I've done over a dozen specials on him, and he won't fucking stay down for more than 7!

Argh. I can't get Benoit to FUCKING STAY DOWN in a Last Man Standing match. I've done over a dozen specials on him, and he won't fucking stay down for more than 7!

Since he's been very weak, have you tried the DDT on the chair?

Argh.  I can't get Benoit to FUCKING STAY DOWN in a Last Man Standing match.  I've done over a dozen specials on him, and he won't fucking stay down for more than 7!

I had the same problem with Lesnar vs Goldberg. I had to eventually put Goldberg down with an F5 on the outside of the ring for the 10 count.

Argh.  I can't get Benoit to FUCKING STAY DOWN in a Last Man Standing match.  I've done over a dozen specials on him, and he won't fucking stay down for more than 7!

About 5 times.

Ok, so I unlocked old-school taker, and in a total mark-out moment, not only does he have a completely new Tombstone that looks just like the original, complete with pin, he does the Zombiesit-up after certain moves.

In story-line wise, I'm Kane this time around, and I formed a team with a reluctant Austin, who tried to smooth things over by giving me an autographed copy of his autobigraphy.

I threw it away :firedevil:

I just beat the shit out of the old school Undertaker with brock lesnar. Bloody and all. The F-5 is pretty nice. I just don't like the chokeslams they have in this game.

Finished my season mode as Chris Jericho.

Started on Raw until July when I moved to SmackDown. Received the WWE Title at Vengeance, reached 100 Superstar points by Survivor Series, and defended it until No Way Out where I lost it to Undertaker in the first of a double header with him and Brock Lesnar. He defeated Lesnar in the following match.

It gets really weird from here though, as Taker was also the US Champion and thus that belt essentially disappeared and never got defended. Kurt Angle won the Royal Rumble but was also one half of the Tag Champs with Benoit.

So what happens? Angle appearantly gives up his main event spot or something to fight for the tag belt at WM with Benoit, and Taker vs Lesnar becomes the main event.

And me? I found myself in the ranks of The Hurricane and Tajiri between NWO and WM, and had no match at WrestleMania at all. Coach offers a shoulder to cry on as he laments that I wasn't high enough in the corporate pecking order to have a match.

All I can ask is: What the hell happened? I can understand leaving the Main Event, but one job to Taker and I went from the penthouse to the outhouse so quickly!

I am two weeks away from Mania with Matt Hardy as champ. I know now, never to have three titles at once again. It is a giant pain in the ass to wrestle that many matches. At least they didn't make me defend the CW title much. I have had it for 10 months and only defended it 5 or 6 times max.

As for the WWE belt

Got it at Vengeance

Lost it at No Mercy

Got it back in the EC at SurSer

Have it now

I also compiled the absolute worst faction in the history of video games.

My first pick was Charlie Haas. I figured they would let me pick at least one more (Benjamin) and I thought me plus TWGTT would give a nice horseman vibe. Instead Albert wants to join. Since I am busy and don't want to feud with him I accept him, figuring three people still isn't a faction.

Then they want a manager. So the only choice they give me is Sable.

And that leads to the most dominant faction ever of Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas, Albert and Sable. I plan on doing better on that next season.

Guest Sakura

After beating season as Cena I saw a FMV of Cena(the real guy) rapping about HCTP. It was pretty cool.

Did anyone else see that or do you have to be Cena?

I am two weeks away from Mania with Matt Hardy as champ.  I know now, never to have three titles at once again.  It is a giant pain in the ass to wrestle that many matches.

Ah, I remember SmackDown 2, when I tried to see what would happen when I had Chyna win every belt. Couldn't get her to win the big one though. I was hoping her chyron would list all the jobber belts.

I reccomend you play as Undertaker, as appearantly belts are just shiny collectibles for him and not meant to be defended. He doesn't even wear them to the ring anymore! :angry:

One fun thing about being someone small, like Hardy, is when you team with someone like Brock Lesnar. After not having really strong attacks or being able to lift big people, beating the ever loving shit out of someone with Brock is a good time.

I am pissed though, that on Hardy's entrance they don't have a chyron so you don't see his name with the belt above it.