TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest Askewniverse
Anyways, who's everyone's favorite character so far? I've only really played with Goldberg for a long period of time. Other than that, I like Matt, Angle and Jericho.

So far, my favorites are HHH, Lesnar, Goldberg, HBK, and Angle.

OH MY GOD.

This is easily, the BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

Honestly. I have not found a better wrestling game.

Anyways, I was Flair and I faced Angle in a submission match. The match wasn't a classic, because it was my first time, but I'd be damned if it wasn't better than anything WWE put out this week. I'd say ***.

Angle won when he grapevined my leg at 9:31. Most of my body was in red, so I was screwed.

Excellent, excellent game. I can't wait to play season mode.

Anyway, off to play some more.

Guest Ghettoman

Wow, just wow.

I think ym only problem with the whole game would be unlocking the4 movesets. Thge new movs aren'ty highlighted like in the last game so until you lock uinlock the all your retty much shit out of luck when it comes to finding them. I certainly didn't remember every move by looking it over once.

Going through season mode with a fresh CASEW is awesome, it's tough as hell to get superstar points but beefing up your attributes isn't as tough as I thought.

Favoprite new move would have to be the toss german suplex. Just sick. I think the actual name is German 7.

For anyone whod like to say this game doesn't compare to No Mercy, or still isn't as good, what the fuck is wrong with you? This game is the No Mercy of the SD series.

The new Twists of Fate is great. I was a little disappointed you didn't have more options on top of the chamber doors, I would of liked to powerbomb someone off that. I noticed some new moves send you out of the ring, Tajiri tried a flipping clothesline on me, missed, and flew out of the ring. Funny as hell.

I gotta stop rambling, I'd go on forever. Bottoline this is hands down the best wrestling game I've ever played.

Damn it, I should be studying. But I'm back at it again!

Anyways, who's everyone's favorite character so far? I've only really played with Goldberg for a long period of time. Other than that, I like Matt, Angle and Jericho.

I'm digging Kane. I just squashed RVD and made him tap to the bearhug, then I made D-Von tap to that head-twisting thing he does.

After a few hours..I'm only hating this game more, the computer no sells everything you do, but when they do small things to you, you sure as fuck feel them.

After a few hours..I'm only hating this game more, the computer no sells everything you do, but when they do small things to you, you sure as fuck feel them.

Are you using cruiserweights only? The game has a realistic feel to it with the heavyweights always being able beat cruiserweights...well realistic in the WWE world. I used Matt Hardy my first season and it was a pain in the ass just beating Rikishi. I did my second season with Goldberg, also to make more money to unlock everything, and was easily beating every smaller guy.

Guest TheHulkster

So far, my favorites are HHH, Lesnar, Goldberg, HBK, and Angle.

HHH is shockingly good in this game. They have every single Triple H mannerism and move built into his character.

Just used Kane to beat Kurt Angle, Ultimo Dragon, Eddie Guerrero and WGTT. It went like this:

1st Eliminated: Ultimo, by me (Kane)

2nd- Eddie, by Charlie

3rd- Shelton, by Kane

4th- Charlie, by Kurt

5th- Kurt, by Kane

Pretty cool. And I also won a bra and panties match. It's alright.

Anyways, I love this game.

Suggestions on who I should use for season mode? Only stips are that I don't want to be a cruiserweight, and I'd like to be on SmackDown, preferably.

Guest The Old Me

I was Cena and faced HHH in a last man standing match. I beat after about 20 minutes. Cena got pedigreed 9 times on the outside and never stayed down past 7. Then again it took 30 chairshots and like 12 FU's to keep HHH down.

I must be blessed. I had a last man standing match between my CAW and Angle and beat him in probably 5 minutes. No shit. I just kept my attacks focused on his head and it seemed to lay him out nicely.

I've got it set on easy and still the only problems I've had were Brock at Mania, Goldberg and beating HHH to get the IC title back.

Anyone messing around with CAW find a version of the Stevie T without a pin, or something close? I want that move for my CAW but THE LOUSY FREAKIN' THING HAS TO GO AUTOMATICALLY INTO A PIN!! That sucks.

i just got highly pissed off.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

After the Elimination Chamber, JR asked me (playing Benoit) to remain in the title hunt. So at SmackDown, Vince mcMahon puts me in a top contenders tournament. So I beat Eddy Guerrero in the first match, The Big Show in the second match, then beat Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar (who horned himself into the final) all on one show to earn the shot.

The next show, I not only successfully defend the US Title against Edge, but also win the title match vis submission. So your WWE Champion is Chris Benoit, right?

Wrong.

Postmatch, Taker lays me out with the title belt and drops it beside me.

Next week, Taker says he has a gift for me. No problem. I beat Eddy Guerrero (and only wear the US Title to the ring), then open the gift, which is predictably The Undertaker to do a number on me.

Next week, Taker stares me down, and Steph says Taker's behavior "is not becoming of a champion", so the title match at Armageddon is Hell in a Cell.

Time for the match...and Taker is listed as the defending champion. Then I lose the US Title to Eddy in a four way TLC, then go on to lose the HIAC to Taker in about seven minutes...despite taking about six moves the entire match.

So not only do I lose two title matches in one night, but I also got hosed out of a title reign when I won a title match by submission.

And before anyone tells me "Are you sure it was a title match?", yes, because it clearly said "WWE Championship" on top of the match listing...until I checked the histories after the fact.

So yeah, I guess it is like real life, huh?

..That's pretty sad, dude.

Anyways, I did season with John Cena. First match, I beat Eddie to become the US Champ. Second, I pinned Taker in a 6 Man Tag. Third, beat Rey. So I'm 3-0, and right now I'm in a three way dance with Benoit and Taker. It's awesome.

Damn, just lost the belt to Taker. Yeah, I know, I wasn't feelin' it.

Anyways, we're in Toronto tonight. Canadian crowds rule.

ETA: Undertaker and I have a mini-feud, and we've duked it out over the past few shows. Anyways, my revenge for him taking the title from me was when I stopped him from going out on a date with Torrie Wilson. I was talking to 'Taker and Torrie Wilson stopped by. She was flirting with Undertaker, so he asked her out on a date. Then I said she was uglier than Sable, and she ran away upset. Undertaker's then like "Dang, Jethro!" and got all mad, but at least I saved him from cheating on his wife. I'm sure Sara Undertaker wouldn't be too thrilled to hear that.

HOLY SHIT! Brock just attempted the SSP on the ref and blew it again! Has that happened to anyone else?

Bahaha, I just beat Roddy Piper in 44 seconds.

Just won the US Title again, in a triple threat with Big Show and Undertaker. That was the best match I've ever had. I'd go ****. Wow.

Edited by CM Funk

Okay..time for me to start my marathon. Not stopping until Velocidential, then after that, not stopping til 4 AM.

Then to watch 8/16/03 ROH and the 5 MSG shows I got in..then football tommorow, and more HCTP..oh fuck.

Heh..Nash injured his leg. :lol:

Everybody say it with me now....

It's just like real life! :P

Not really, because wrestling Nash is a hell of a lot harder than it should be.

CM Funk: Kudos for insulting Sable.

Incidentally, this game has the MOTHERF***ING WILD BOMB for Benoit and it looks awesome!! Kudos to Yukes for that.