TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest Black Lightning

I'd just like to add something about reversing grapples (provided this hasn't been mentioned already...I'm not reading sixty-fucking-eight pages). If you can recognize which animation comes from which d-pad direction (as in; collar & elbow tie-up = left, etc.), just use that direction for the reversal. I've found that nine times out of ten, if the AI grabs you with, say, the 'left' grapple, it'll use the 'left' move as well.

For Lesnar, I use this strategy to elbow him in the face every time he grabs me, and then ninja kick the fucker until his head gets red. An Asai DDT later, and Ultimo Dragon is the WWE Champion. B-)

Just don't try it on Goldberg, since that asshole cleverly uses different animations.

Guest Trivia247

New list of completed Wrestlers in my CAW lunacy...

new CAW mem cell for the WWF wrestlers of 90-96

SATO

TANAKA

KATO

Dusty Rhodes

Hulk Hogan

Bret Hart

Lex Luger

Davey Boy

Ahmed Johnson

Yokozuna

Earthquake

Typhoon

Samu

Fatu

Randy Savage

Mr.Perfect

Mankind

Jake Roberts

Rick Martel

Hakushi

Owen Hart

Jerry Lawler

I started playing this again last week. So, I'm in season with Goldberg, and after winning the World Title right away at Backlash, Steven Richards begs Vince McMahon for a title shot, which he gets. If he loses, he's fired. I couldn't let the guy be out of a job, so I jobbed the World Title to Steven Richards. He won it at Judgment Day and actually went to Vengeance with the belt until I took it back. I squashed him in about a minute.

^

What a humanitarian

I finally started messing with HCTP, and in Season Mode, I got into a fight with the Undertaker backstage, where we both well headfirst off of a truck

Elimination Chamber matches also = "fall on your head goodness"

anybody tried the hardcore match in the training room?

try punching the punching bag, and make sure it doesn't some back to hit you

Guest Black Lightning

You can also run the treadmills in there to quickly boost your Smackdown meter.

Have you played in Times Square yet? I just went there for the first time in a good 7 months, and I'd forgotten how wacky it is. I, as Benoit, went for a diving headbutt OFF A BUILDING~, only for Eddy to move out of the way, leaving me to land head first on the street. And then to top it all off, I KICKED OUT! It was nuts.

Good times.

Yes, the game is a lot of fun, once you learn not to let any of its shortcoming ruin the experience.... I have tons of fun playing the Steiners of the early 90s, or my namesake CAW.. if it wasn;t for me trying to get the hang of NFL 2K5, I would be playing it right now.

Guest Trivia247

currently starting my 98-2002 CAW set and wrestling in season mode with my TAKA Michinoku unlike doing the copying and editing to make new wrestlers I started Taka and funaki from scratch so they can get the unique cruiserweight stats

That's the best way to make believeable CAWs in my opinion. Much more satisfying too. With the moveset I made and the stats that were suggested for him, my Low-Ki CAW is outright LETHAL at times.

I just have one quick Question, what position do you need to be in with Randy Orton to execute the RKO. Everytime I execute his special it does that weird Rocker Dropper variation.

Hey Trivia, can you send me the formulas for Samu and Fatu? I would LOVE the have the SST wreaking outright havoc on my HCTP...