TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

Excellent Comedic Performances

Guest Flyboy
Dave Chapelle in Half-Baked

Bastard.

Throw in Dave Chappelle from Undercover Brother as well. He stole the damn movie.

Guest Flyboy
Dave Chappelle also stole the show in Screwed, which I think is vastly underrated.

"Never trust a black man named Chip."

He also came pretty close of stealing Robin Hood in Tights as well.

Guest MissMattitude
Entire cast of COMING TO AMERICA. Arsenio Hall was damn impressive.

Brad Pitt's stoner character in True Romance was pure genious and it was revealed a lot of his lines, he improvised.

Everytime I watch True Romance, I repeat the bit with Brad Pitt offering the gangster's some his bong at least 5 times.

as mentioned, george c. scott in dr. strangelove.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War room.

just reading that line makes me snicker.

Actually it was Peter Sellers who had that line, as Scott was fighting with Russian ambassador. Great line though.

Dave Chappelle also stole the show in Screwed, which I think is vastly underrated.

While Dave was funny in Screwed- That movie would've been nothing had it not been for Norm.

It's not as good as Dirty Work (well duh) but Screwed is still a great movie. It's too bad Universal completely shitted all over it and refused to push it

Guest Flyboy

While Dave was funny in Screwed- That movie would've been nothing had it not been for Norm.

Oh, please. The movie would have been the same with or without Norm.

Guest Harry Hood
as mentioned, george c. scott in dr. strangelove.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.  This is the War room. 

just reading that line makes me snicker.

Actually it was Peter Sellers who had that line, as Scott was fighting with Russian ambassador. Great line though.

dman it you're right, but i still thought scott was funnier inthe movie

Guest El Satanico

Blasphemy! Scott was good in it, but Sellers was far better.

I'll admit it's rather unfair to try comparing Scott to Sellers, since Sellers had three or four great roles in the movie.

Did he play three or four roles? I can't remember.

Sellers played three roles in it. President Muffley, captain Mandrake and Dr Strangelove. He was supposed to play major Kong as well, but (I think) he broke his ankle as he was supposed to shoot those scenes, and he supposedly couldn't get the Texas accent right.

Personally my favourite bit in the movie is Sellers' first conversation with the Russian PM. "Well now, what happened is... ah... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of... well, he went a little funny in the head... you know... just a little... funny. And, ah ... he went and did a silly thing...".