TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big T

So who loved

Guest Big T

This was one of my favorite ABC shows growing up as a young girl. I used to think Kirk Cameron was so hot! There was always a moral for the shows, which is something today's TV lacks.

Discuss.

Guest Choken One

FUCK MORALS.

that being said...Wonderful cheesy preachy 80's goodness.

Guest Big T

I loved the episode where Mike Seaver stayed home "sick" from school and Gilligan was still on TV. He freaked out because he thought the world stopped when he was in school, and he couldn't believe it was still on TV.

Guest Eagan469

The theme song rocked.

I remember watching "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" a few years back and Alan Thicke was a guest.

In the previous segment before he came on, Rosie was all claiming to be the theme song God. So Rosie asked Alan to sing a theme song from one of his shows.

He starts singing the "Growing Pains" theme (which he wrote) and even the band starts playing along, and Rosie says to Alan "what is that, I don't know that...".

Fucktard.

Guest Big T

It used to be on Disney quite a bit, but has been replaced by Boy Meets World, Growing Pains 1990's counterpart.

Guest Big T
Though it really started to suck once Kirk got self-righteous and became Jesus.

Exactly. Didn't he spaz out about that playmate who was on the show?

The GP theme fucking rocked. WAY better than Family Ties, a bit better than Family Matters, owned Full House...

Though it really started to suck once Kirk got self-righteous and became Jesus.

I wasn't a big fan of Family Ties or Family Matters but loved Full House. I like Full House better than GP.

Guest wwF1587

i loved the mike and jason seaver fights on the show.... i agree though, the show sucked when kirk got jesus in him....its one of my favorite shows of all time

Guest Flyboy

Growing Pains is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I can't really tell you why. I just loved it so much. Speaking of old nostalgic shows, I also loved Step by Step.

Step by Step started out fantastic.

But when Dana became a whore, Cody left and Balki showed up- ugh.

Fuck Lily as well

I used to like the show, especially Cody, but once I found out that he beat his wife I stopped watching it.

Family Ties rocked Growing Pains in every category (theme song, cast, stories, guest stars) except one: Julie McCullough as Mike's girlfriend smoked Courtney Cock as Alex's girlfriend. Love those former Playmates. ;)

Guest Choken One

Dana became a slut with Jason or whatever that little White Dames Lookalike's name was and she was always wanting to fuck...

Guest Anglesault
The Growing Pains theme is better than Full Houses. Just to clear that up.

SHOW ME THAT SMILE AGAIN! (SHOW ME THAT SMILE!)

Nothing beats the Mary Tyler Moore song.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Family Ties > Growing Pains > Urkel > Full House

I fucking hated DJ and those pesky little twins!

Step by Step was better in the later episodes when Al Lambert was sorta cute.

Full House and Family Matters are abominations. Full House just for all-around sucking, Family Matters for all-around sucking, releasing the wrath of Urkel on popular culture, and for its blatant reverse-racism. The Jeffersons you are not, Winslows.

Does anyone remember the Growing Pains spinoff called Just The Ten Of Us with Coach Labbock and all those damn kids. One of the teenage girls was Nancy from Nightmare On Elm Street. In fact 3 out of the 4 teenage girls on the show have been in a Elm Street movie.

The funny thing about that show was that it was a spinoff of Growing Pains but, it would make jokes about it. Like one time of of the kids at school said his mom wouldn't let him watching Growing Pains because of his crush on Tracey Gold and then in another ep they were having a talent show and one was the guys was singing the Growing Pains theme song.

Guest Ecto Cooler
The funny thing about that show was that it was a spinoff of Growing Pains but, it would make jokes about it.

The jokes were all in good humor though because both shows were produced and distributed by the same company.

Does anyone remember the Growing Pains spinoff called Just The Ten Of Us with Coach Labbock and all those damn kids. One of the teenage girls was Nancy from Nightmare On Elm Street. In fact 3 out of the 4 teenage girls on the show have been in a Elm Street movie.

The funny thing about that show was that it was a spinoff of Growing Pains but, it would make jokes about it. Like one time of of the kids at school said his mom wouldn't let him watching Growing Pains because of his crush on Tracey Gold and then in another ep they were having a talent show and one was the guys was singing the Growing Pains theme song.

Were they they ones who were doing it they best they can? Because I recall that being on USA in the 90s after the recently-much-discussed game show block was over.

The jokes were all in good humor though because both shows were produced and distributed by the same company.

Oh yeah I know all about that I just thought it was funny how they were IN the Growing Pains world and then make jokes about Growing Pains the TV show. You know like if Frasier made jokes about Cheers the TV show.

Were they they ones who were doing it they best they can? Because I recall that being on USA in the 90s after the recently-much-discussed game show block was over.

Yes that's the song.

Guest Big T

I used to love Just the Ten of Us when it first came out. Then it got old real fast.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Unhappily ever after made a bunch of insider jokes on its series finale