TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Rob Conway's anti-American promo

Guest JMA

Personally, I would have brought in Dupree and Grenier in as French-Canadians. Maybe like the Rougeau Brothers. Except they'd be younger and a lot greener.

Quiet, Frenchy.

Vyce, you were the one making fun of dead French people. So don't proceed to judge me. And if you could actually READ you would see I started this thread to DEFEND America. But you don't care. You just used this as a chance to harass me.

Here's my thing with you.

I'm not certain what you're more upset about - the WWE portraying the French as arrogant pricks or booking Conway to give a speech portraying Americans as evil "terrorists" worthy of contempt.

Most of the rest of us just don't even fucking care about this angle nearly enough or at all to be outraged one way or the other.

Oh, and even if it seems like I do, I'm not really personally judging you, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Personally, I would have brought in Dupree and Grenier in as French-Canadians.

That would have worked. Then we all could have hated them guilt free.

Guest JMA
Here's my thing with you.

I'm not certain what you're more upset about - the WWE portraying the French as arrogant pricks or booking Conway to give a speech portraying Americans as evil "terrorists" worthy of contempt.

Most of the rest of us just don't even fucking care about this angle nearly enough or at all to be outraged one way or the other.

Oh, and even if it seems like I do, I'm not really personally judging you, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Here's the thing. The WWE is basically stating that if you don't hate France you're somehow Un-American. I find that asinine. And I think calling Americans terrorists was WAY over the line. Seeing as America was attacked by sub-human terrorists. I don't think it's ethical to get cheap heat by calling Americans terrorists.

Edited by JMA

The best part of his Promo was the opening line. "I'm Rob Conway." He said it so... I don't know how to describe it, but I marked. The man can cut a decent promo, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with most of what he said. And yes, I'm American.