TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Placebo Effect

One and Only NWA: TNA 8.27 Thread

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
I decided not to order but..how will they fit two rings in the Asylum?

You can still do War Games in one ring- NWA Wildside did it for their Freedom Fight show and the gimmick didn't suffer at all. In fact, the Wildside match kicked an incredible amount of ass. Can't wait to see this in TNA.

Fucking interference every time. I knew Jarrett would come out and save everyone at the end too. He does it every fucking time the faces are getting beat down.

See, I told you his new name should be JJJ, bps.

If Raven won clean, everyone would go on and on about how Styles was a "chickenshit" champion. If Styles won clean, everyone would have complained about how Raven never fulfills his destiny and how they killed Raven's heat and blah blah.

Sounds like a good show. When is the War Games, and how will it fit?

Raven Effect, when does Triple H save the heels?

Guest Askewniverse
See, I told you his new name should be JJJ, bps.

Well, Jarrett did get some "Triple J" chants awhile ago.

Raven Effect, when does Triple H save the heels?

Well, he doesn't always(except when Jericho had to bring HHH out on the Highlight Reel to confront Nash), however he does make himself look more important than every other heel when he gets the chance to, much like Jarrett's always booked as the only "strong" face who can save the other weak faces who can't fend the heels off themselves without him around.

Next week should be fun. This week's was a VAST improvement over the past...what? 2 months? One really good show in 2 months...

Styles should have won clean. I'm really fucking sick and tired of every main-event ending with interference or a weapon shot.

I GUARAN-FUCKING-TEE that the next main-event that ends 100% clean (assuming there will be one, EVER) will get a louder pop than ANY of the previous main-events.

Overall, good show, save for the endings. But it was enjoyable. I'm glad Simon/Swinger won the belts. That Powerbomb/Powerbomb/Superplex combo ruled.

War Games should be awesome. They have guys who can work and get a reaction out of the crowd.

Decent show, though I disagree with it being the best in two month. The tag match would have been good if I hadn't gotten completely sick of the AMW/Simon & Swinger matches because there was a complete overkill on them and it's not like anything innovative came out of this one as it is. The main event was good, though, and the whole show flowed rather well, even if there was TOO MUCH FREAKING JARRETT.

Jarrett didn't even wrestle or cut a promo, just made a couple of saves. I don't see how that is overexposing him.

The show was pretty good this week, but god they need to cut this bullshit with people running in on EVERY MATCH. I mean, half the time it wasn't even needed. D'Lo could have jobbed without a Trinity run in. Abyss and Kash could have done their dissention in the back and not had it be in the match itself. Lynn could have just been distracted enough by Callis being around that he lost, no need for security guys.

Think about how much more impact the run ins on the main event would have had if all the other matches didn't have a run in. That was a hell of a good match I thought. Tag match was good too, but of course we had the Disco run in. I even said going in "Simon and Swinger could get over big if they win here WITHOUT a Disco run in."

Do you realize (directed at everyone) that the way the main event was booked...

Styles looked stronger than he has since winning the title by far?

With all the interference backfiring, Styles had to kick out of like 3 finishing sequences that should have ended it.

Do you realize (directed at everyone) that the way the main event was booked...

Styles looked stronger than he has since winning the title by far?

With all the interference backfiring, Styles had to kick out of like 3 finishing sequences that should have ended it.

The New Church still helped him win, so JeriStyles/Y2AJ still looks like a weak Champion nonetheless.

Guest TDinDC1112
The New Church still helped him win, so JeriStyles/Y2AJ still looks like a weak Champion nonetheless.

Heel champions generally need to be booked weak, or else you kill off all the babyfaces (HHH). Flair was always booked weak.

Guest TDinDC1112
Next week should be fun. This week's was a VAST improvement over the past...what? 2 months? One really good show in 2 months...

I think this was the 3rd good to very good show in a row.

Last week's show was weird - I really didn't think it was anything special but a lot of people flipped their shit over it. Dames' review helped convince me that I wasn't going totally mad mind.

Jarrett didn't even wrestle or cut a promo, just made a couple of saves. I don't see how that is overexposing him.

I can KIND OF undestand Siaki as he's a member of Team Styles, but what the fuck did Glenn Gilberti have to do with ANYTHING? Jarrett basically kicked the asses of everybody in Team Styles other than Russo, Legend (Who never showed up, which explains it), and Styles himself. It was repetitive and got to the point where everybody and their grandmother knew Jarrett would make the save and vanquish EVERYBODY while D'Lo, Raven, and Harris got their butts kicked. Hooray for Jeff Jarrett, savior of us all! Push Chris Daniels as a main eventer? Fuck no, not when he's facing Jeff Jarrett, master of the Jobber Aura! He can westle for thirty minutes straight and eliminate guys like D'Lo Brown who hadn't had a match previous to ths, but other than his return, CAN'T LAY A FUCKING FINGER ON JEFF JARRETT! It's becoming completely obscene and if Jarrett gets the pin in War Games I'm going to freaking flip my lid, because just who the hell has Jarrett put over in ANY way without immediately getting revenge and beating the crap out of them for the next three weeks?

... Whoa. I should NOT be posting when I get no sleep whatsoever...

Flair WAS booked weak...hell, nobody even sold his chops for about 10 years.

Oh, and ECW actually did a one ring War Games match at Cyberslam 1999 if I remember correctly. Bubba, D-Von and Mustafa vs Balls, Axl and New Jack. Not a great match, but bloody as hell. It can be done.