TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Benoit's interview after winning the World

Anybody know where I can find the footage or a transcript of it? Its been so long. Thanks in advance.

He just said that when he was a kid, he saw the Dynimate Kid wrestle and that ever since that day he wanted to be a Pro Wrestler and how everyone thought he was too short to be champion...he basically proved them wrong (no pun intended). Anderson came in, said he wasn't biased, but Benoit was the better man tonight and he couldn't have been more happy because Benoit deserved it more then anyone else. Nash then came in, and said by 12:00 midnight that it would be hell for Benoit as he was taking over.

Irony...because Benoit was bye-bye within 24 hours...and that's a shoot, brotha.

And then they proceeded to make a mockery of Benoit for the next few weeks by letting Sid do a god-awful Crippler Crossface.

I would've liked to have seen a WCW Benoit title reign. Considering the reason why he left, Russo's firing, turned out to be nothing major because Russo ended up coming back in April.

And then they proceeded to make a mockery of Benoit for the next few weeks by letting Sid do a god-awful Crippler Crossface.

I would've liked to have seen a WCW Benoit title reign. Considering the reason why he left, Russo's firing, turned out to be nothing major because Russo ended up coming back in April.

I thought nothing of Sid using the crossface, i thought they were just trying to add a submission move to his repatoire, as for the Russo thing, did Benoit LIKE Russo or something?

Guest OnlyMe

It was more that he had issues with the guy who was replacing Russo - Kevin Sullivan.

The reason? Benoit's wife, Nancy, used to be Nancy Sullivan. You fill in the blanks.

Guest Choken One

Russo was pushing Benoit like crazy along with Jarrett...

Benoit felt he could get along with Russo on a professional level then he would with Sullivan.

Guest Choken One

I'd also like to add that

I WAS THERE FOR BENOIT'S FIRST AND ONLY WORLD TITLE VICTORY!

I still can't believe it when I saw a good 20-25 people get up and LEAVE after they announced Bret/Sid was Canceled and was now Benoit/Sid was replaced...

I still hate how they could had something decent with the Triple Threat Theatre (which predated Three Stages of Hell)...

I'm utterly convinced Bret was going over Sid with Jarrett cheating over Benoit and having Bret and Benoit have a main event program...

Guest Choken One
Russo's departure was the reason Eddie, Dean & Saturn wanted out(along with Kidman, Konnan)

Don't forget Shane Douglas whom was the ringleader...

He was the one that planted the seed in those guys even though he knew damn well he wasn't leaving...He just wanted to ruffle some feathers...

Guest Deviant
I'm utterly convinced Bret was going over Sid with Jarrett cheating over Benoit and having Bret and Benoit have a main event program...

Damn, I'd actually believe that.

Guest ToddRoyal
He was the one that planted the seed in those guys even though he knew damn well he wasn't leaving...He just wanted to ruffle some feathers...

Actually, the story I remember was that Douglas had every intention of leaving and actually accepted his release (Something Kidman and Konnan did not do), but when it was time to go to Stamford and meet with Vince- Benoit, Malenko, Saturn and Guererro never told Shane where the meeting was. It was pretty much said that the Radicalz knew that bringing along Douglas, who had burned EVERY bridge to McMahonland, would hurt their chances of getting a deal. Douglas eventually went crawling back to WCW and actually got a semi-push and a tag title run after signing a MUCH lower contract than his original