TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Triple H-Goldberg Unforgiven Build

Guest Choken One

I might be the lone one here...

I believe the build-up for the Goldberg/Triple H match at Unforgiven has been exceptional.

Starting at SummerSlam, where they CLEARLY showcased Goldberg as a dominating Machine only to get screwed by the Monster Heel HHH and a subseqent beatdown.

The Next night, Instead of crying foul, The uber-babyface makes no bones about it, he wants what belongs to him.

The Heel Monster, smartly offers what he wants but with a price to pay. His Career. Goldberg excepts.

The Next Week...

Triple H cuts an Old School Backstage Promo using the basic fourmula...Elevate yourself and put down your challenger...

The babyface challenger shows up out of no where...Cold and Calcuating...Makes a clear cut threat. Gets the Message across..

A Six Man Tag is booked...

They seperate the two completely...Keeping the #2 Face (in the match) as the Ricky Morton...holding off the BIG hot tag after 10 minutes...Goldberg kills Orton and Flair and *ALMOST* gets his hands on The champion...

The crowd is RABID for Goldberg for the moment and the heat is great...

Finally, WWE has figured out that soap opera isn't needed to sell the match but good old school booking that is working great...

What are you thoughts?

Guest Trivia247

isn't it almost sad that HHH is taking the Smark Position against goldberg claiming he is just a marketed gimmick nothing more...which he is..just hype...

HHH the Smark hater...

kinda makes me feel like a heel for being a Smark..

nah

Guest Choken One

The Thing is...HHH is making pretty good points and truthfully, Flair said the same thing about Sting as well...

So it's not like he's being SMARK HATER.

It has been exceptional, but there are how many weeks left? I've seen feuds booked this well before, and they are so half assed after that, EXCEPT RIGHT BEFORE THE PPV, that you forget how much you wanted to see the match.

I think the way they booked Goldberg/HHH tonight was really well done too. You can tell just by the crowd, as they were HOT for the entire match just waiting for Goldberg to come it. Nice use of several false hot tags to up the heat even more.

But it's WWE, and they're bound to fuck this up somehow. Look for a dog to get involved next week or something.

Guest Choken One

Smart thing to do...

Have Goldberg Squash a Mid-Carder and have him walk to the back with Terri cutting a interview with him...

Evolution sneak attacks and drags him to the parking lot...

Orton handcuffs Goldy to a car door and HHH smashes Goldy with a Sledgehammer...throw three shots in...Goldy jigs...

Evolution walks away non-chalantly...

Goldberg is left in a pool of blood...

Week Later...

Bisch and Austin wants Goldy and Hunts seperated...

Goldy looks around for Hunter all night and punks random people out...

Goldy finds Hunter at the end in the Parking Lot...They have a staredown with the Security seperating them...

They go to the PPV...

Goldberg wins in 8 minutes CLEAN.

Guest Choken One
The Career stip completely ruins it.

Not really...

It tells the Marks that goldberg *MIGHT* win because they don't know the turmoil with Goldy and WWE

They would never believe WWE would let goldberg go...

It guarantee's a Goldberg win. It doesn't make HHH look bad at all since it will seem as if he was 'forced' to lose given the stipulation. It's completely ridiculous given the fact that Goldberg has only been in the company for a few months and therefore his career means NOTHING to the fans.

I think they've been doing a good job so far. It's certainly more interesting than I thought the feud would be, and they haven't resulted to stupid Katie Vick like skits to further it.

Not really...

It tells the Marks that goldberg *MIGHT* win because they don't know the turmoil with Goldy and WWE

It ruins it, because it tells everyone that he WILL win. Either he wins or yet another stipulation match will get ignored in the end somehow.

Guest Choken One

Not really...

It ruins it, because it tells everyone that he WILL win. Either he wins or yet another stipulation match will get ignored in the end somehow.

in terms of getting that buy-rate which is crucial...It works.

How will it get the buyrate that a regular Goldberg vs. HHH match wouldn't get?

Fans have no attachment to Goldbergs career, at all. He isn't Mick Foley, that-lovable-ol-goof-with-a-heart-of-gold-and-balls-of-steel, he's Goldberg the-guy-who-smashes-all-things-in-his-way. Simply put, HHH is in his way. This career thing is just like tacking on Debra to the Rock/Austin feud - completely needless plot twist that means nothing to nobody and in the end is just a footnote to the big picture. There is no legitimate purpose for it.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Goldberg is the stumbling goofball who had his balls ripped off playing football that no one likes.

I love the build also, but there's one vital flaw.

This should have been built up, and promoted, MONTHS ago, and Goldberg should have won at SummerSlam.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I basically agree with this whole thread. They have built it up suprisingly well, with Goldberg running over everyone, and HHH not beating the shit out of him every week and saying he's out of his league.

but because it's WWE, there's always a problem. Or two.

A. Why didn't they just do this for SS in the first place

B. Thanks to this idiotic career stip, everybody and his friggin mom knows Goldberg wins. Plus, they aren't even building on the stip, I would have forgotten all about it if it wasn't for the shill in the stupid hat. Plus, Goldberg's WWE career has been like 3 months long. Forgive me if I don't stay up nights thinking back about my favorite Goldberg moments because it may all be coming to an end.

B. Thanks to this idiotic career stip, everybody and his friggin mom knows Goldberg wins. Plus, they aren't even building on the stip, I would have forgotten all about it if it wasn't for the shill in the stupid hat. Plus, Goldberg's WWE career has been like 3 months long. Forgive me if I don't stay up nights thinking back about my favorite Goldberg moments because it may all be coming to an end.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if they just had HHH beat Goldberg and if we never saw him again after that match.

A. Why didn't they just do this for SS in the first place

Because HHH injured his groin and would have worked in a WORSEN state of performance had him and GOLDBERG had still gone on in a singles match

Not really, remember what happened with Foley?

Granted, I'm not a fan of either men, but the original Bad Blood commercial for Goldberg / HHH (which I got a copy of, hit me up if you want it) was pretty badass.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Foley actually WAS retiring. And HHH is still hurt, and quite frankly, always will be.

and for the record, I would LOVE IT if Goldberg lost and promptly evaporated. But be honest, it ain't happening.

In actuality, I think he build mught just continue to rock and all, but the match itself (not because of overall quality) will be the downfall of the title reign.

I can almost guarantee that while HHH comes out JR will spew all over himself putting over how HHH is going into this match nowhere near 100 percent, and the whole time will talk about HHH's guts, and even put him over after the match. Thus HHH is prepped for a face return and this whole deal was just a fodder to the HHH face angle where he easily takes the belt back. I'll be sickened to hear this.

I, for one, loved HHH's shootish interview tnight though. After all, he was speaking the truth.

*20 minute long, boring ass match.*

*Goldberg lines up for the spear, then... stops?*

*Goldberg shakes hands with Triple H*

JR: "OMGZ! GOLDBERG BAH GAWD JOINED EVOLUTIONZOR!"

It'll happen people.

Nah, Goldberg won't join HHH, he will join Evolution once HHH leaves.

Goldberg beats HHH for the title.

Orton beats Goldberg for the title boots HHH.

HHH wins rumble, Goldberg joins Evo.

HHH beats Goldberg at NWO.

HHH beats Orton in WMXX ME.

Guest wrestlingbs
Nah, Goldberg won't join HHH, he will join Evolution once HHH leaves.

Goldberg beats HHH for the title.

Orton beats Goldberg for the title boots HHH.

HHH wins rumble, Goldberg joins Evo.

HHH beats Goldberg at NWO.

HHH beats Orton in WMXX ME.

Don't spoil it for the rest of us! Some of us can't put two and two together.

I think the Goldberg vs. HHH feud has been average at best. Goldberg should have completely mauled HHH tonight while he was in the back. Speaking of which, the only thing I could think of when HHH said he wasn't the Game "just to sell T-shirts" was Shopzone.com, where there are like 500 items devoted to HHH in some way.

Guest thrall585
It guarantee's a Goldberg win. It doesn't make HHH look bad at all since it will seem as if he was 'forced' to lose given the stipulation. It's completely ridiculous given the fact that Goldberg has only been in the company for a few months and therefore his career means NOTHING to the fans.

"Career on the line" to fans means he will no longer be in WWE if he loses, and that is not what the fans want.

If Goldberg has signed with WWE through 2004, then he will win for sure, if not, then he could lose. If HHH retains, he can remain champion while doing his marriage/honeymoon for a week or two.

Where is the honeymoon? If its near the amazon, I hope Hunter gets mistaken for some type of god so they take him into their village never to be seen or heard from again.