TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

just one question how does michigan drop one spot after winning and how are they still below usc who lost to an unranked Cal team while michigan lost to a ranked Oregon team. Well, Michigan still has a chance if they win out since at least 4 of the teams ahead of them have to lose at some point

just one question how does michigan drop one spot after winning and how are they still below usc who lost to an unranked Cal team while michigan lost to a ranked Oregon team. Well, Michigan still has a chance if they win out since at least 4 of the teams ahead of them have to lose at some point

I was confused for a second and then I realized your talking about the Coaches' Poll and should know to never read that crap. :D

I remember when CNN was the sponsor of it so no one paid attention to it but now that ESPN has it it shoved down everyone's throat. Hey at least they figured out how to rank Arkansas higher than Texas. Only took them three weeks.

USC gave that game away. Why did they run the ball 3 times at the end of regulation?

Who the FUCK knows?

From the time SC got inside the Cal 22 in the 4th to the end of overtime, Mike Williams, the best fucking receiver in the nation, never touched the ball. I think SC, in particular the D-Line, looked past Cal. And Tedford called a hell of a game.

Here's the new Unofficial BCS Top 25 and Bottom 10. The usual disclaimer: source of these rankings is collegebcs.com. They are unofficial because only four of the seven computer ratings are availabe at this point. Official rankings come out October 20th.

1. Oklahoma 3.44

2. Ohio State 6.45

3. Miami 7.07

4. Tennessee 11.27

5. Florida State 12.53

6. Arkansas 13.78

7. Virginia Tech 18.61

8. LSU 19.80

9. Nebraska 22.54

10. Georgia 29.85

11. Michigan 32.08

12. Washington State 32.57

13. Northern Illinois 32.68

14. USC 35.18

15. Minnesota 36.19

16. Oregon 39.00

17. Iowa 40.41

18. Texas 44.39

19. TCU 44.93

20. Purdue 46.21

21. Washington 47.66

22. Air Force 49.25

23. Pittsburgh 49.30

24. Kansas State 50.01

25. Michigan State 51.36

Bottom 10

117. LA-Monroe 122.65

116. Army 122.23

115. Buffalo 121.94

114. Eastern Michigan 120.35

113. SMU 119.72

112. UTEP 118.28

111. Rice 116.38

110. Idaho 115.72

109. LA-Lafayette 114.60

108. Vanderbilt 113.57

Here is YOUR college football national television schedule for this week. All times are Pacific and ABC regional games are marked with an asterisk.

Tonight

Houston at East Carolina, 4:30 PM, ESPN2

Thursday

West Virginia at #2 Miami, 4:30 PM, ESPN

Friday

#19 Oregon at Utah, 7:00 PM, ESPN2

Saturday

#16 Kansas State at #13 Texas, 12:30 PM, ABC*

#9 Michigan at #23 Iowa, 12:30 PM, ABC*

#10 USC at Arizona State, 12:30 PM, ABC*

Clemson at Maryland, 12:30 PM, ABC*

Alabama at #11 Georgia, 12:30 PM, CBS

Illinois at #22 Purdue, 1:30 PM, ESPN

#18 Washington at UCLA, 3:30 PM, FSN

#1 Oklahoma at Iowa State, 4:00 PM, TBS

#7 Tennessee at Auburn, 4:45 PM, ESPN

Texas A&M at Texas Tech, 7:00 PM, FSN

Edit: The Minnesota/Northwestern game won't be carried by ESPN because of the baseball playoffs so that means no early games tommorrow.

Edited by Bored

USC gave that game away. Why did they run the ball 3 times at the end of regulation?

Who the FUCK knows?

From the time SC got inside the Cal 22 in the 4th to the end of overtime, Mike Williams, the best fucking receiver in the nation, never touched the ball. I think SC, in particular the D-Line, looked past Cal. And Tedford called a hell of a game.

That's great. USC gives away essentially a chance at playing for a National Championship, by not being read to play a decent Cal team. Go have fun with Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Miami kicks a field goal...win 22-20. Winslow saved Miami's ass tonight with that 4th down catch. Obviously they were looking ahead to Florida State and nearly cost them any shot at a national championship in the process.

I hate Kellen Winslow Jr. with a passion, that being said, the kid's an impact player, he's going to hit the Shockey range of top 15 pick come April.

And I don't think I've ever felt as shitty and the end of a game between two teams I didn't like than I did tonight.

Talk about two awesome plays...Quincy Wilson destroying the Miami player, then jumping over him on his way to the end zone, and Kellen Winslow Jr.'s game saving catch. I'm surprised West Virginia is 1-4 now...they have a decent team. Miami...well we'll see if they're ready for FSU next week.

3 kids of NFL players where in that game last night. Wilson, Payton, and Winslow. I wonder if young Payton, and Wilson knew each other has kids.

I think Tirico told a story about them knowing each other from the Bears days.

Oregon lost to Utah 17-13. On the surface this is an upset but Utah is a good team and Oregon really isn't. I was unimpressed with them before the Michigan game and I'm still shocked they won that game and Michigan's national title hopes are going down the tubes with each Oregon loss and believe me there will be more. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't finish in the Top 5 in the Pac-10.

go rutgers. Hell i am a fan of anyone who beats an unbeaten right now. Hell, Miami is my second favorite team and i was rooting for them to LOSE. Let's Go Blue

Prediction for Michigan-Iowa: It'll will be a close classic big ten football game. Michigan needs to establish the run to set up the playaction to Edwards, Breaston, and Avant. The defense needs to contain Fred Russell(inkster, what) and not give up big plays like oregon. Special teams will once again be key, Michigan cannot afford to give away points on special teams. Iowa is a quality football team and their only loss was to an underrated Michigan State team. Kudos to Jeff Smoker for getting his life back together. Final Score Michigan 21 Iowa 17

Errr Virginia Tech won 48-22.

Florida just lost at home to The Confederates 20-17. Time to update your resume Ron Zook.

Colorado loses to BAYLOR, 42-30. Wow Colorado sucks this year.

What could end up being the biggest upset of the day, Navy beat Air Force 28-25.

Edited by Bored

What the fuck is wrong with Michigan can they not find new ways to give away games. If the punt the fucking ball like normal teams maybe they dont give up the fucking difference in the game

Things appear to be getting interesting in the SEC.

Bama doesn't appear to be the spoiler they appeared to be, as they got crushed by Georgia just a week after dropping a game to Arkansas in OT because they blew a big lead.

Tennessee is in trouble at the moment, as huge underachiever Auburn is up at the half.

Florida went down to Ole Miss, who's been underachieving this year despite all the hype for Eli Manning.

Next week will certainly be interesting across the nation and in the SEC. Miami vs. Florida State will knock one team out of the ranks of the unbeaten. Oklahoma will face Texas, who's one loss away from being out of the National Championship picture.

In the SEC, LSU will take on Florida at Death Valley (Upper South end zone baby!), Arkansas is taking on Auburn, and Georgia is taking on Tennessee for control of the SEC East.

Wow. Texas A & M is getting destroyed 59-21 by Texas Tech. I thought the point of getting the new coach was that they were supposed to be better. I don't think giving up 59 points is, in any way, better.

Because of the baseball game tonight I didn't even notice Auburn beat Tennessee. How the hell did that happen?

Also before all my concentration was elsewhere I see Washington up 16-7 on UCLA and they lose 46-16!!! I mean knew Washington wasn't really that good but good lord getting out scored 39-0 in any half is just pathetic.

Northern Illinois had to go to overtime to beat Ohio at home. Not a good sign if they wanna go undefeated and crash the BCS.

Northern Illinois had to go to overtime to beat Ohio at home. Not a good sign if they wanna go undefeated and crash the BCS.

Combine that ugly win with Alabama sucking big floppy donkey dick as of late and Northern Illinois' win over them is looking a lot less impressive, thus negating any real shot they've got of finishing in the top 8 of the BCS.

Finally people are jumping on the Jason White for Heisman bandwagon.

The Michigan loss sucks for the Gophers. No there's no chance they won't be ready to play next week.

Northern will not crash the BCS games, no matter what their record is.

Ugh I typed something out and get an error messsage so not gonna bother writing the whole thing again. Just say that NIU could get a BCS bowl if they are lone undefeated team in the country after the conference championship games. Not impossible but they probably will lose to Bowling Green, who might actually be the best team in the MAC, on the road. Hopefully ESPN picks that game up.