TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

Help needed

Today at school, a girl that I went out with over the summer came up to me. I hadn't talked to her in awhile, so when she came up to me, I was surprised. She told me that she had a "really bad weekend". I asked what she meant and she told me that her stepdad hit her over the weekend.

Let me tell you how I react to situations like this. I'm of the school of thought that no girl should be hit, ever. I fly into blind rages when I hear about stories like this. Turns out that my grandpa's sister used to be married to a guy that beat the shit out of her all the time, but my grandpa never found out about it. Well, one day, he found out, and he took his gun from his room and went over to the asshole's house, with all intentions to kill the motherfucker.

Luckily, the guy wasn't home. Anyway, I was all pissed off and ready to go beat the shit out of her stepdad, but I had to go to work first. I'm at work right now, by the way. While I was sitting here, my phone went off, telling me I had a voicemail. It was another ex of mine, telling me that I had no right to go over and beat the shit out of the stepdad, and it wasn't my place to step in, and that I was a little bitch for trying to interfere in shit that wasn't my business.

I don't know what to do, guys. I really don't. Any help that you could come up with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Guest T®ITEC

I would say that it isn't any of your business. No good will come out of getting involved so directly. If you try getting violent, for instance, you may be charged with assault.

This is the second time that it's happened since I've met her, and the last time, I let it slide, figuring that it was a one-time thing. But now that I know that it can and probably will happen again, I don't know what to do.

If I call the police, they'll just put her in a foster home, and I don't want that to happen. I just want that asshole to never touch her again.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

You know what I'd do.

First you need to make the authorities aware of what's happening. THEN kill him.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

She's better off in a foster home. I've been in foster care and while it's no bed of roses it's better than be beaten.

How old is she?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

My best friend was raped by her 18 year old boyfriend when she was 13. I know what you are feeling.

Seriously violence won't get you anywhere but jail. And then teh girl will be left with noone to protect her.

Inform Social Services. it's the nicest thing you'll ever do for her.

Guest T®ITEC

Well, assuming she never returned to her family, she'd be a foster child for no more than two years. That's a plus.

I say you notify Social Services and get her out of there quickly. Threatnig to beat him or beating him will only lead to her getting it more or him possibly turning his attention on you. Some people are seriously fucked up and you could end up being in the cross fire. Now wouldn't be a time to play hero, now is the time to get her to a safe place.

Didn't you guys see that episode of Full House where Stephanie's friend was getting smacked around by his dad, then she told Uncle Jessie and he called Social Services and then she never saw the kid again?

...I don't want to never see her again.

Would you rather not see her again because she's in a foster home where no one can harm her?

Or...

Would you rather not see her because one time the beating went too far?

Guest SweetNSexyDiva
Would you rather not see her again because she's in a foster home where no one can harm her?

Or...

Would you rather not see her because one time the beating went too far?

A VERY good point!

Does she have any other family close by? Sometimes what happens is they would let her stay with other family members or possibly with a good friend's parents if they deem them up to par.

What they said.

You're not going to solve anything by going over the guy's place half-cocked. If anything, you could make it worse for her, because he'd be even more pissed. Call Social Services and make sure she gets out of there.

What I don't get is the other ex's reaction. I would've reacted the same way as you did at first...not doing anything is a lot more being a little bitch than doing something.

I'm a little taken aback by the other ex's reaction as well...she said in the message that she left how she doesn't understand how I can talk so much shit about the abused ex, but suddenly I want to go and defend her, and it's fucking stupid of me to think that I can solve things.

Alright, I'll drag some more drama into the thread...the reason that I broke up with the girl is because, one night, I was really drunk and she called me and I couldn't understand what she was saying, so, as I was leaving the party, I told my best friend to call her and deal with it. Long story short, they ended up going back to his house. When I found out about it the next day, I forgave him, because we were both incredibly drunk, but I couldn't forgive her.

So we're back to today. I've decided to simply tell her to talk to the guidance counselor at school, if these beatings are as horrible as I'm led to believe. They can give her much more help than I can, because me being angry and going over to her house with two of my friends, the starting linebacker and starting tight end for the varsity football team, respectively, who've volunteered their services, won't solve anything. At best, he'll leave her alone, we'll be charged with trespassing, intimidation and threatening, and assault and battery. At worst, he'll just beat the shit out of her more. It's a lose-lose situation.