TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

The One And Only Smackdown Thread

Guest Dmann2000
Oh man...showing both guys TOTALLY dead after the match is even more cool.

Man...I'm really pushing **** for the whole thing (buildup, match itself, after math....excluding the gay finish).

See, that's why I'd love to go for a 3-way, with Brock as the X factor.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Oh man...showing both guys TOTALLY dead after the match is even more cool.

Man...I'm really pushing **** for the whole thing (buildup, match itself, after math....excluding the gay finish).

Well, I have to agree. This match was literally over a year into the making and it showcased Undertaker's improvement. He's realized he can no longer simply a power wrestler to succeed, he must improve as well to make up for his age. Tonight, UT showed that the Master (Angle) had become the the student.

**** from me and a better match then Y2J/HBK II

I missed the first half-hour or so, and I turned on just when Taker was giving that awesome promo (he's gonna throw BOMBS~!). The match was excellent. The only two things keeping it away from a WWE MOTYC is the arm work and the ankle work not being sold through moves that need arm/leg strength to pull over - and the finish. That, and Undertauro's triangle. It was better than most wrestlers' triangles because he kept trying to get his foot under his knee whereas most just ignore that touch, but his thrusting didn't help the move and neither did the positioning (should have turned him over on his side ala Nogueira/Inoue), plus you could see a big gap of space which totally killed the realism of the move... though I did appreciate the effort. So that's really like 4 things holding it back...The story was solid and out-of-the-ordinary for usual WWE matches and they threw in some nice touches w/ Taker "fooling" Angle with the mat work and then decking him with a Soup Bomb, and Angles transitions into the Ankle lock. The announcing was Grade A, top shelf with Tazz proving he's the best in the business right now and Cole not fucking up or sounding like a tool too much to hold Tazz back. The promos before the match treating it like it's a real fight and giving their strategies and motivation was awesome (though I hate the "look off into person not there" angle). All-around wicked stuff done by the WWE tonight with this match (cept for the finish, but somethings you can't help).

The Tajiri/Rey match was also really good with the story of the match being Tajiris kicks and whacky submissions/pins vs. Rey's highflying. Didn't really like the post-match stuff though,

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

They've turned Tajiri too much and he's a proven crowd favourite. He can't speak english, so what? His wrestling speaks for him and the crowd loves it.

The Brock stuff at the end was kinda cool, but I would have liked to have seen Brock start to cry and then shake it off - reflecting his unstability, mental state, and pathos a lil bit more.

Guest William E

I agree RRR, the arm and leg work should of been sold alittle bit more but it was still a great match.

Parking Lot Brawl has potential if it's a wicked brawl and not some goofy match...but I've got a feeling it will be mostly comedy.

Remember the Finlay/Regal parking lot brawl on Nitro?

Parking Lot Brawl has potential if it's a wicked brawl and not some goofy match...but I've got a feeling it will be mostly comedy.

Remember the Finlay/Regal parking lot brawl on Nitro?

Can't say I do.

***1/2 from me. I'm a relatively new wrestling fan(2001), but that was the best Taker match ive ever seen. Good mat wrestling, GREAT counters and a good story. Kudos to Angle and Taker for a great match.

Guest Choken One

I wouldn't say it was Taker's BEST match but it's the best since His Casket Match with Shawn...

I suggest to anyone who hasn't seen the July 4, 2002 episode of Smackdown to do so to really appreciate the Taker/Angle match from tonight...especially the finish from the match in Boston.

I feel like I'm a puro guy now.

Guest Choken One

Well...CW's needed a good heel and it appears they changed their mind about Kidman...

Tajiri been turned too much tho