TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

OAO Tape Recommendations Thread

I know it's been mentioned, but IWA-MS Simply The Best is such a great show. It's the first IWA card I've seen, but it was all good stuff until the Robinson/Wifebeater main event. AJ/Sydal, Lynn/Delirious, Samoa Joe/Whitmer, B-Boy/Hero, Aries/Shane and the 6-man elimination are all worth checking out, with the Styles match and the B-Boy match both being ****+.

Guest Choken One

im attending the ROH Dayton show this weekend and I intend to pick up 2-3 dvds...which should i grab?

Pick up Tradition Continues - has a really good 4 way on it and the match between Punk and AJ is damn good as well.

Guest Corino 1000

I attended Hybrib Hell I thought it was a fun night. Corino vs. Terry was good match as was Kojima vs. Awesome. Rise of the Renegades was alright and Reloded in my opinion was the greatest show they put on. The six man tag was great as with many of the other matches.

What Chickara Pro and PWG tapes are good?

What Chickara Pro and PWG tapes are good?

Haven't seen enough Chikara to comment but as for PWG....

All PWG shows are worth buying IMO but if I had to do a top 5 I'd say:

The Musical (Note: it's not out yet... but should be very soon)

Best Matches: American Dragon Vs. Samoa Joe, B-Boy Vs. Chris Daniels, Ricky Reyes Vs. Apolo Kahn, SBS Vs. Bosh/Silver.

Tango and Cash Invitational

Best Matches: SD/AD Vs. X-Foundation, SD/AD Vs. Excalibur/Jonny Storm, Punk/Hero Vs. Daniels/Messiah, Homicide/B-Boy Vs. Joe/Puma among many others

"ARE YOU ADEQUATELY PREPARED TO ROCK?!"

Best Matches: AJ Styles Vs. Kazarian Vs. Daniels, B-Boy/SD Vs. Briscoe Brothers, Adam Pearce Vs. Joey Ryan

An Inch Longer than avarage

Best matches: American Dragon Vs. Frankie Kazarian, SD Vs. Joey Ryan - Guerrilla Warfare, CM Punk Vs. Samoa Joe, Pearce Vs. Cabana

Taste of the Radness

Best Matches: American Dragon Vs. Bobby Quance, Havana Pitbulls Vs. Iron Saints, SBS Vs. AXP/Bosh, Pearce Vs. Kazarian, X-Foundation Vs. B-Boy/Homicide.

You can't really go wrong with any of the PWG shows... except maybe the Debut Show which isn't quite up to par with the rest of them.

You can purchase all these fine events at http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/ or on tape from SmartMarkVideo

Is that in order of best tapes PWG tapes?

IMO yes it is. But apon checking PWG's site... it appears that they are sold out of everything now. SO right now SMW is the only option for getting PWG shows.

Saw this UPW show online and wondered if any of the matches were good:

"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Rob Van Dam

UPW Heavyweight Title: Samoa Joe © vs. Tommy Dreamer

"Miracle" Mikey Henderson vs. Juventud Guerrera

Keiji Sakoda vs. Roadkill

Navajo Warrior vs. The Blue Meanie

Ricky Reyes vs. Hishikawa

Al Katrazz vs. "Grandmaster Sexay" Brian Christopher

Thanks!

Guest Dynamite Kido

Thanks!

I actually have this, and to be honest......it's not very good. Daniels and RVD isn't as good as it could have been, and VERY slow. Dreamer and Joe is better than I thought it would be, but everything else is pretty sub par. So basically if you can get it for cheap and you really want to see it.....fine. Otherwise my recommendation is definately to avoid.

Thanks!

I actually have this, and to be honest......it's not very good. Daniels and RVD isn't as good as it could have been, and VERY slow. Dreamer and Joe is better than I thought it would be, but everything else is pretty sub par. So basically if you can get it for cheap and you really want to see it.....fine. Otherwise my recommendation is definately to avoid.

Cool, thanks a lot! I was hoping Daniels/RVD would rock.

By the way, can anyone with IWA Mid south: King of the Deathmatches 2003 tell me who the fuck that lass is with a Chris Hero t-shirt on? She's massive, shes on the front row, is she a wrestler or something, goddamn, she must be seven foot tall legit

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

If she has reallt short, dark hair, that's probably Patti, Ian Rotten's wife.

No, Patti isn't nearly that tall. Hell, Ian, Hero, Nate, etc. aren't even that tall.

I don't think anyone knows her real name, but she's a diehard fan that went to all of the shows until just now. I think the IWA crew called her "Andrea the Giant".

Well, I dont know if its due to the weird angles on the cameras, but she is one big girl

Sorry for dragging the topic off there, but what do people think about the ROH vs JAPW tape, I hadnt heard of it until about 3-4 weeks ago, and its a really good show.

I'm going to make a huge purchase of indy shows in the next week or two, with shows from ROH, IWA-MS, PWG, and maybe the last two CZW shows. Anyone else have any other reccomendations for me?

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'm going to make a huge purchase of indy shows in the next week or two, with shows from ROH, IWA-MS, PWG, and maybe the last two CZW shows. Anyone else have any other reccomendations for me?

Here are some recommandations:

ROH

-World Title Classic - The main event is Joe/Punk in a 60 minute draw. VERY good match. This show has an altogether different feel of any other ROH I've seen too.

-At Our Best

-Solid show from top to bottom. Scramble Cage II is the main event and there is a amazing cage match on there with Joe v. Jay Briscoe and AJ vs. Punk for the Pure Wrestling Title with Steamboat as the referee.

PWG

-I always recommend Bad Ass Mother 3000. Great show overall, tons of matches and it's a two tape set......it rocks.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Also for ROH 11/1 Main Event Specticales, it has teh first scramble cage, a four star + match with AJ/Dragon and a really good four way.

Guest Real F'n Show

Get RoH Reborn Stage 1 and 2 also. Both shows are really awesome.

Right now I think I'm going to get ROH Reborn Stage 1 and 2 and then all the recent stuff after those shows except for RRC3.

What are the best matches on the PWG BAM3000 tape?

Guest Real F'n Show

I honestly didn't like the show that much. You'd be better off with some of their more recent DVD releases, or just waiting for "The Musical" or "Kee_ the _ee out of our _ool" to be released. That's just my opinion, but since Dynamite Kido recommended it, I'll let him respond...

Guest Dynamite Kido

PWG CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY

"BADASS MOTHER 3000" - NIGHT ONE

Chris Daniels vs. Hardkore Kidd

Joey Ryan over Scorpio Sky

Colt Cabana over M-Dogg 20

Super Dragon over Hook Bomberry

I don't have specific star ratings, but I remember these are fairly decent.

PWG CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY

"BADASS MOTHER 3000" - NIGHT TWO

Joey Ryan vs. Super Dragon

Super Dragon vs. Colt Cabana

Joey Ryan vs. Adam Pearce

These were solid as well.

Night Two of the TPI includes my favorite non-Hero match of CM Punk's ever (quarterfinals vs. Christopher Daniels), Jimmy Rave's breakout match outside of Wildside against Chris Hero, a very enjoyable four-way between AJ Styles, M-Dogg20, Matt Stryker, and Super Dragon, a great Punk/Hero match, the last three enjoyable BJ Whitmer matches, and a really sound Cabana/Mondo match in the first round, as well as some violent violence at the end with the Hardcore Gauntlet.

Has anyone heard how the latest 3PW show was supposed to be? (The one with Daniels/Styles for 35 minutes, Lynn vs. Ki, and Slyk Wagner Brown vs. Joey Matthews)