TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The Weekend Box Office Report 9-5 thru 9-7

Guest wwF1587

ok i didnt see one of these so I figured I would do it this weekend. here ya go thanks 411mania.com

David Spade's new comedy, Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, debuted #1 at the box office this weekend with $7 million. The low total was enough to nab the #1 spot due to the slowness of the weekend.

Last week's #1, Jeepers Creepers 2, slipped to #2 with $6.7 million. The horror sequel has now earned $27.4 million in two weeks.

Pirates of the Caribbean continued to hang tough, taking the #3 spot with $5.4 million. Disney's hit has now amassed $282 million in ninee weeks and has now passed The Matrix Reloaded as the second highest grossing film of the year. Finding Nemo remains the top grossing film of the year.

Freaky Friday continues to be a solid hit for Disney. The film earned $5.1 million this weekend to take the #4 spot and bring its total to $97.1 million.

S.W.A.T. claimed the #5 spot with $4.6 million. The action flick now has a cume of $108.8 million.

The week's other new debut, The Order, debuted at #6 with a quiet $4.3 million.

Kevin Costner's Open Range finished the weekend at #7 with $4 million. The film has been a successful one for Costner as it has put together a solid gross of $49.1 million.

Seabiscuit earned another $3.6 million this weekend to take the #8 spot and grow its total to $109.6 million.

Freddy vs. Jason continues its quick fall, finishing this weekend at #9 with $3.1 million. The horror film now has a total of $78.2 million.

Rounding out the top ten is Uptown Girls which earned $2.4 million to bring its total to $33.5 million.

OVERALL BOX OFFICE TOP TEN

1. Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star - $7 million ($7 million)

2. Jeepers Creepers 2 - $6.7 million ($27.4 million)

3. Pirates of the Caribbean - $5.4 million ($282 million)

4. Freaky Friday - $5.1 million ($97.1 million)

5. S.W.A.T. - $4.6 million ($108.8 million)

6. The Order - $4.3 million ($4.3 million)

7. Open Range - $4 million ($49.1 million)

8. Seabiscuit - $3.6 million ($109.6 million)

9. Freddy vs. Jason - $3.1 million ($78.2 million)

10. Uptown Girls - $2.4 million ($33.5 million)

It cost 42 mil total. So by the time they get foreign and DVDs done, the studio will have made their money back.

I can't believe Pirates is still hanging around, that movie could be around til December with how weak upcoming releases look.

It cost 42 mil total. So by the time they get foreign and DVDs done, the studio will have made their money back.

Ummm, seeing how it's already brought in almost 50 mil, doesn't that mean it's already made back all of the money it cost to make it, and then some?

Man..

This means at least 1 more week of Dickie Roberts commercials, this time with added #1 MOVIE IN AMERIA goodness.

I never could have dreamed that the move would ever be able to call itself "the # 1 movie in America".

It depends if total included advertising ot not.

According to BoxOfficeMojo, it does.

Production Budget: $22 million

Est. Marketing Costs: $20 million

Lol, I went to see Freddy vs. Jason last night, for free, since the girl I went with worked there so we got in for free. Score.

The film was quite enjoyable with twizzlers and jack mixed into a one litre of dr pepper.

Jason hacks up a bunch of people and then is funny about it...works for me.

Whoa, nothing good coming up soon? (in regards to Pirates around until December)

Motherfuckin Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Matchstick Men could also be promising and I wouldn't mind seeing Cold Creek Manor. If it's half as good as The Others I'd be happy.

So with the upcoming week featuring:

Once Upon A Time in Mexico

Cold Creek Manor

Matchstick Men

Cabin Fever

What are everyone's predictions?

Guest Choken One

Next week

1. Once Upon a Time

2. Cabin Fever

3. Matchstick Men

4. S.W.A. T

5. Pirates

Is there any difference between Cabin Fever and Wrong Turn? Both were horror/thrillers with no stars. And Wrong Turn did nothing, so I think I will stick with that prediction for Cabin Fever.

Matchstick Men and Once Upon a Time should both do well and beat Pirates. I think Pirates will still be top 4 and will overtake those two within two weeks.

I haven't seen jack shit for Cabin Fever as far as advertising goes. And what little I have seen is basically "Peter Jackson likes it, so you will too!"

I have seen the commercials, but I still know nothing about it. One more thing to add though, is there something about a flesh eating virus?

Well, I doubt they'd use the words FEVER to spell..

Flesh

Eating

Virus

Epedmic

Run

Without there being an actual flesh eating virus in the movie.