TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

dont like non wrestlers hoggin up RAW

Guest wwF1587

credit pwtorch.com

WWE at this point has no plans to replace Jim Ross as the lead announcer for Raw. Although WWE management would prefer a more photogenic announcer, they know that Ross is the best in the business and is invaluable for selling storylines.

With the addition of many non-wrestling personalities going on house shows, including the McMahons, Steve Austin, Eric Bischoff and more, it was actually Jim Ross who pushed for the change. He argued that those characters were getting such a sustained TV push that people would pay to see them at house shows as well.

yeah this has been talked about before but i thought it was interesting ol Jimbo is behind all this crap.... i dont pay to see mcmahons or bischoff.. nor austin anymore

Good. If I can't watch good wrestling without a bunch of non wrestlers talking all night, neither should anyone that goes to house shows. now we're all even.

Guest Coffey

Well, if Smackdown only sells a few thousand tickets, I can only imagine how house shows will do...

Guest Salacious Crumb

This is just Vince's plan to get rid of the wrestling in the WWF. I mean he's been trying to for years when you think about it.

This is just Vince's plan to get rid of the wrestling in the WWF. I mean he's been trying to for years when you think about it.

Let's see...

*thinks quietly* Stephanie McMahon vs. Brock Lesnar on Smackdown on TV this week, while an Angle/Lesnar match is only featured off-camera on the show, Coach and Al Snow vs. JR and The King, McMahons being advertised for house shows, Shane McMahon vs. Kane, Vince vs. Hogan from earlier this year....

You hit the jackpot, Mad Dog.

This is just Vince's plan to get rid of the wrestling in the WWF.  I mean he's been trying to for years when you think about it.

Let's see...

*thinks quietly* Stephanie McMahon vs. Brock Lesnar on Smackdown on TV this week, while an Angle/Lesnar match is only featured off-camera on the show

Lesnar/Angle is next week's big Iron man main event, and since Smackdown is 90 minutes this week, they needed to send the fans home happy.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Ross is right. If the non-wrestlers and the supposed 'real draws' are featured every week on RAW, then it's only fair that they work the house shows as well. Why do you think the house shows are so unappealing? Because they're full of wrestlers that have been made to look like chumps or simply unimportant week after week.

Yeah, but alot of people go to house shows and avoid TV for the sole reason that the McMahons don't hog house shows.

If you don't have a local indy to attend, you're totally fucked now.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I didn't think of that perspective.

But why would anyone want to spend $$$ in the first place to see a card of wrestlers that are made to look insignificant on TV?

Whatever happened to Shane coming back just so Kane could squash him?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And how Shane/Kane was SUPPOSED to be a warmup match for Kane/RVD at Summerslam? It turned out to be the other way around - just like all the Shane detractors predicted.

Guest PowerPB13

When I look at the Raw commentators' feud, I think of "The Wizard Of Oz" for some reason.

Lawler needs a brain, Snow needs a heart, JR needs courage, and Coachman just needs to go back to Kansas.

-Patrick

Lesnar/Angle is next week's big Iron man main event, and since Smackdown is 90 minutes this week, they needed to send the fans home happy.

I know that. I'm saying there's also a Lesnar/Angle match that took place this week, but it was off-camera, so the main-event will actually be Lesnar vs. Stephanie McMahon on TV. Bleh.

Guest Sakura
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And how Shane/Kane was SUPPOSED to be a warmup match for Kane/RVD at Summerslam? It turned out to be the other way around - just like all the Shane detractors predicted.

Exactly. And of course at the ppv shane is going to actually take Kane to the limit. It won't be a squash. In fact I bet Shane comes closer to beating Kane than RVD could.

I know that. I'm saying there's also a Lesnar/Angle match that took place this week, but it was off-camera, so the main-event will actually be Lesnar vs. Stephanie McMahon on TV. Bleh.

Yeah, no shit. Hence the main is Lesnar/Stephanie. Hence, they wouldn't give away Angle/Lesnar again.

Some people....