TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Sean O'Haire

Guest Mulatto Heat

I don't think WWE even cares about O'Haire's look anymore, otherwise we'd be seeing him on Smackdown more often.

And I think Andrew was speaking more of the men than the women, who are held at a completely different standard.

Guest Mulatto Heat

So we add O'Haire's name to the ever-growing list of 'sure fire' 2006 main eventers?

Andrew:

Stacy Kiebler or Mae Young to open up Raw?

Nobody cares about someone's look? Wanna bet?

I'm talking about in regards to male wrestlers and their pushes, and you know it. :P

Okay, we've established the guy has no ability at the moment (although i stress i dont agree)

But how about three years from now? Main event?

Yeah, against Test on Heat.

Actually, I could see O'haire and Test as a tag team.

I didn't say he WOULD be, i mean, three years ago, who'd have predicted that Lesnar would headline WM19? You never CAN predict these things, i mean, Kurt Angle supposedly wont be here in three years, but i'll tell you right now, in one form or another, Kurt Angle will be on WWE television in 2006.

On to O'Haire again, Does he not remind anyone of Kevin Nash in any way (beside his buid and long hair :P) He also has the tall thing going for him, won't say hoss, but he's got the size thing that'll get him ahead of Spanky and even Mysterio in years to come.

He'll be there or there abouts in a few years.

O'Haire will team up with an awesome up and coming wrestler and that wrestler will go onto the main event while O'Haire stays midcard, stroking his beard all the time.

O'Haire = Jim Neidhardt 2006.

Okay, we've established the guy has no ability at the moment (although i stress i dont agree)

But how about three years from now? Main event?

Yeah, against Test on Heat.

Actually, I could see O'haire and Test as a tag team.

I could also see it.

That's what you call a carry job.

And let's not get into the 'carrying' discussion again.

AndrewTS, I know what you meant, but i was genuinely stumped on a comeback so i just bought women up again :)

O'Haire will team up with an awesome up and coming wrestler and that wrestler will go onto the main event while O'Haire stays midcard, stroking his beard all the time.

O'Haire = Jim Neidhardt 2006.

AKA Marty Janetty 2006.

Go back two years.

Sean Stasiak will team up with an awesome up and coming wrestler that will go on to the main event scene, while Stasiak stays in the midcard, running into milk carts.

Guest BionicRedneck

He sucks. He has no charisma, no ability, can't connect with a crowd, couldn't get heat if he was on fire and sucks on the mic outside of a few pre-taped vignettes. He fucking sucks.

Hehe, well, I admire your honesty, sir.

I don't think it's entirely unfeasible, but I doubt it would be with this current character. Did anyone think in 1997 that Hunter Hearst Helmsley would be considered a top WWE star at any time in the future? Probably not many, but even they wouldn't have been able to guess it from the character he was doing then.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I know this is being a stickler but Stasiak first teamed with Palumbo in WCW, then Mark Jindrak. Never with O'Haire.

And you started one post with "I didn't say he WOULD be..." in regards to main events, then finished with "He'll be there or there abouts in a few years." Along with Cena, Orton, Batista, Maven, Nowinski, and Lesnar? That's mighty crowded. Are you counting on HHH and Taker dropping dead between now and 2006? Don't forget Hogan.

Well, it's quite common for a good gimmick change to lift a wrestler to greatness (best case here would be HHH) and i'll give you that, O'Haire won't do it like he is right now. However, the gimmick's basic role is good, that of the loner who shuns himself from everybody and does it on his own (Stone Cold anybody? Nah, probably not) and teaming him with Piper immediately killed off those good promos.

This is making me sound like an O'Haire mark, which i'm really not.

I'll admit defeat here due to the numbers game of everybody against me, and say... Chuck Palumbo was also a future main eventer, even challenging for the WCW title in his last year there, Wouldn't you say he had the same credentials AS O'Haire right now?

Or would you say Chucky has 'talent?'

Guest BionicRedneck
Also, You could be describing The Rock seven years ago.

Rocky had charisma. Oh, and he certainly got heat. Just not the type he was supposed to get.

There is no point speculating about the future. I mean Nathan Jones COULD be good at some stage so lets push him now, right?

Guest thrall585
Don't get crazy. Everyone said "Matt Hardy AKA Marty Janetty 2003."

He proved a ton of people wrong.

You mean Matt Hardy AKA Marty Janetty 2002, back before he had the Mattitude gimmick. He didn't prove anybody wrong, because Matt Hardy is just like Marty Janetty, except without the drugs. After the Rockers split and after the Hardy Boyz split, both became midcarders (after Marty came back to the WWF in 1993).

I always considered Matt to be the more talented of the brothers and the one to make it through the long run - But that could always change, WWE seems to favour Jeff, giving him chance after chance, Matt was in all honesty given one 'big' shot and he took it and ran with it.

You mean Matt Hardy AKA Marty Janetty 2002, back before he had the Mattitude gimmick. He didn't prove anybody wrong, because Matt Hardy is just like Marty Janetty, except without the drugs. After the Rockers split and after the Hardy Boyz split, both became midcarders.

Don't you see Matt becoming ME one day? And we're all overlooking something here, minus the drugs, Marty Janetty was a talented guy, and although risking my Bret Hart bias and a lot of flaming here, i consider Janetty to be the better of the Rockers, back in the day.

Rocky had charisma. Oh, and he certainly got heat. Just not the type he was supposed to get.

There is no point speculating about the future. I mean Nathan Jones COULD be good at some stage so lets push him now, right?

Maybe he could, the safe money is he won't be though.

I never thought Rock had charisma in 1996, he seemed extremely bland in his SS debut.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Chuck Palumbo was also a future main eventer, even challenging for the WCW title in his last year there, Wouldn't you say he had the same credentials AS O'Haire right now?

I occassionally hear about Palumbo's "WCW World title chase" and shake my head. That was a blatant on-air joke by Russo, which lasted all of one Nitro. Chuck was never a serious World title challenger.

I know this is being a stickler but Stasiak first teamed with Palumbo in WCW, then Mark Jindrak. Never with O'Haire.

And you started one post with "I didn't say he WOULD be..." in regards to main events, then finished with "He'll be there or there abouts in a few years." Along with Cena, Orton, Batista, Maven, Nowinski, and Lesnar? That's mighty crowded. Are you counting on HHH and Taker dropping dead between now and 2006? Don't forget Hogan.

Why the hell am i argueing with FIVE different people here?

Those three mentioned wrestlers there, Hogan most probably will be there, but not dominating the ME scene for more than two months. HHH? No chance, unless the marriage doesn't work out. Taker? Who knows with him to be honest.

Guest BionicRedneck

Yep. Same for O'Haire.

Chuck Palumbo was also a future main eventer, even challenging for the WCW title in his last year there, Wouldn't you say he had the same credentials AS O'Haire right now?

I occassionally hear about Palumbo's "WCW World title chase" and shake my head. That was a blatant on-air joke by Russo, which lasted all of one Nitro. Chuck was never a serious World title challenger.

I agree there, he never was a challenger, but in a marks eyes, he was chosen ahead of Kevin Nash in that match. We all know how Nash was made to look in WCW, he was getting god pushes constantly (god finger poke not withstanding)

But once again, do you think Palumbo hs talent?

Guest thrall585
Don't you see Matt becoming ME one day?

A John Cena/RVD/Chris Jericho/Booker T main eventer (where they rotate from main event to midcard), sure, but I don't see WWE making him a real main eventer.

Yep. Same for O'Haire.

I decree, O'haire's had a good match before, so there's always potential. Maybe i blinked during the good match that Jones had?

Although AndrewTS won't want to hear the same drawn out argument, the fact of the matter is, he has the look, and that makes up a good percentage of how well a wrestler will fare.