TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Which former-XPW wrestler has benefited...

I'm thinking that this could make a very interesting topic for dicussion.

Since XPW went on hiatus, which of it's wrestlers has benefited most? There are many choices and here are some quick summaries of each one's endeavours since XPW went on hiatus:

- Angel: works Revolution Pro very regularly; currently feuding with former tag team partner Mr. Excitement in Revolution Pro; worked on Califa LLE debut show; booked vs. Supreme on the tremendous LXW debut show on 9/27

- Altar Boy Luke: became a regular performer in NWA Wildside; feuded in Wildside w/ Salvatore Rinauro and participated in what many have called the Wildside Match of the Year, a four-way Ladder Match; wrestled for HWA a few times; received some dark matches on NWA-TNA; appeared in a fantastic six-man X Division match on LIVE NWA-TNA PPV and wrestled uppercarder Joe E. Legend; booked for tremendous LXW debut show on 9/27; wrestled John Saxon on a card in New Orleans, LA

- Pogo the Clown: worked in a battle royal for the EWF as Big Vito; wrestled in APW-CC; worked a tag team match on the Califa LLE debut show; did a runin on the New Orleans, LA card that Luke was on; booked in an NWA-TNA dark match vs. uppercarder Glenn Gilberti (Disco Inferno)

- Smokey Charmichael: wrestled GQ Money in HWA and NWA Rocky Mountain Championship Wrestling; worked a tag team match in NWA Wildside; booked for tremendous LXW debut show on 9/27

- Vic Grimes: worked what's been called the So-Cal match of the year for 2003, a fantastic four-way tag team match; won an APW battle royal; forced longtime rival Robert Thompson into retirement; won a fantastic three-way dance on the debut Califa LLE show

- Kaos: worked a tag team match in NWA Wildside; worked in HWA several times; booked vs. Jimmy Rave in an NWA-TNA dark match

- Supreme: did a runin for Revolution Pro; booked vs. Angel on the tremendous LXW debut show on 9/27; booked for IWA-MS KOTDM tournament before being pulled

Who do you think has benefited most from XPW's hiatus?

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Definitely Altar Boy Luke by far. He's become a hugely over face in Wildside, a big player in their junior division, and he's the only "homegrown" XPW guy to ever make it onto TNA PPV.

Those were the first times I've ever seen Luke...and the sucker can WORK. I was impressed.

Luke, Kaos, Angel.

I could see Supreme possibly working for IWA MS because of how hardcore he is. Say what you want about his wrestling talent, he can work a great deathmatch, and bleeds like crazy.

Uh, Johnny, hate to tell you this, but XPW is dead

This thread was made to be a discussion. You clearly only posted to ignite a flame war. Everyone else thus far has posted what Barber has asked for, and made this an actual intelligent discussion. If you had nothing positive to say why bother saying anything at all?

Guest Ace Johnson
Vic Grimes: worked what's been called the So-Cal match of the year for 2003, a fantastic four-way tag team match

I'm a regular reader of socaluncensored.com and I remember people talking about that match but I dont remember it being called the match of the year. Looking at the monthly rankings archive at scu at http://www.socaluncensored.com/rankings/matches.htm it finished 3rd in June with 0 first place votes. That is still a strong showing in my opinion but not moty strong.

To your original question I would say Luke.

I wouldn't necessarily call Sal/Seth/Luke/Gabriel from Freedom Fight a MOTY candidate, but it was quite insane. Likewise, Alter Boy Luke by far has gone the farthest since XPW's collapse. He's excelled in Wildside; going from perennial jobber for SAL~! to one of the top and most over faces in NWA Wildside.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

This thread was made to be a discussion. You clearly only posted to ignite a flame war. Everyone else thus far has posted what Barber has asked for, and made this an actual intelligent discussion. If you had nothing positive to say why bother saying anything at all?

Nevermortal said the smae thing

Guest Dynamite Kido

Alter Boy Luke....he is definately a consistant worker for Wildside and has had a few TNA appearances....

Nevermortal said the smae thing

not quite. he was joking, and you were an asshole. you didn't benefit the topic at all and tried to ignite a flame war.

Guest bort

id have to say luke also, he has gotten on PPV and gotten out of the deat match style.....

who do you think was most ruined by XPW dieing, id have to say justin pain or m dog and josh as they all gave up CZW for xpw...i havent even heard pains name since xpw died

Pain definitely suffered the most. M-Dogg and Josh are at least still getting consistent work. Nobody notable has booked Pain. I think the only fed he's worked since XPW went black was an indy fed in Delaware.

Luke by far has gained the most notoriety. Kaos/GQ could have been a good tag team for Wildside and/or TNA, but whatever deal they had seems to have fallen through, and I think they've gone their seperate ways career wise as well.

Altar Boy Luke by far. Where is Matthew BTW

Keep an eye out for parts 5 and 6 of my GQ Money interview. He reveals the answer to that question and "The Mystery of AB Matt." hehe

I asked that very question and he gave a VERY indepth explanation, along with a HILARIOUS story about Matthew. The answer was very interesting to say the least.

"I'm a regular reader of socaluncensored.com and I remember people talking about that match but I dont remember it being called the match of the year. Looking at the monthly rankings archive at scu at http://www.socaluncensored.com/rankings/matches.htm it finished 3rd in June with 0 first place votes. That is still a strong showing in my opinion but not moty strong."

In the review of the show on that site, the match was called a MOTYC.

"who do you think was most ruined by XPW dieing, id have to say justin pain or m dog and josh as they all gave up CZW for xpw...i havent even heard pains name since xpw died"

M-Dogg/J-Pro have worked UNION and IWA since XPW stopped running. Pain's on the upcoming LXW show.