TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

Possible Unforgiven Spoiler

It appears that WWE will have a Jerry Lawler vs. Al Snow match tonight on RAW. The match is not 100% confirmed though. It also seems as if WWE is considering having JR and Lawler lose at Unforgiven this Sunday, thus putting Jonathan Coachman and Al Snow in the RAW announcer's table.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Yeah, it's 1wrestling. But that would be at least something different in the horribly stale RAW format.

PS: Mick Foley will be co-host on Jimmy Kimmel live for the whole week, starting today.

Guest Coffey

Well, as much as I dislike Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross, The Coach and Al Snow aren't any better.

A little less stale, yes, but definitely not a great commentating duo.

Edited by Mr. Jag0

It's 1bullshit, so I doubt it. Besides, we've been hearing constantly how much Vince still loves the King/JR team so it's unlikely he'll have them replaced.

Well, Tazz and Cole grew on me and I think they do a pretty good job. Maybe Coach and Al will do the same. Al can be funny, but he knows what moves are which. Coach I can tolerate if he doesn't shill every five minutes. Maybe they just need some time.

I will take them over Lawler & Ross. Let's see how Coach handle Raw when he doesn't have Lawler constantly whining about his boyfriend being set on fire by Kane.

Guest Coffey

Maybe the just need some time...but I don't want to watch them develop on live tv each week. Same for the workers.

Guest Coffey

It's the lesser of two evils?

Jim Ross isn't photogenic and lost a lot of his talent with his bells palsy or whatever and no one wants to listen to Lawler act like a horny teenage.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Am I the only one who thinks it would be funny to watch JR and King on Heat every week?

Guest TheArchiteck

Coach expressions when commentating is way too happy and positive to be a heel.

I'm sure someone there can coach the Coach on being a heel.

I still fear that Terri and Lita will commentate the JR/King vs. Coach/Snow match.

Actually, the should let Molly commentate on the match so she can get a little payback,

"And the fat ass makes the tag to the child molester. The child molester with a wicked chop to Snow. Say, I think the old pervert has MAN PUPPIES! Woohoo!"

I'd rather have Coach and Snow myself. At least they have the potential to get better at commentating. Lawler and JR have grown stale and are likely not going to make a vast improvement any time in the future.

Guest thrall585
I'd rather have Coach and Snow myself. At least they have the potential to get better at commentating. Lawler and JR have grown stale and are likely not going to make a vast improvement any time in the future.

Coach can't because he has no personality, nor can create one. All he can do is make fun of JR or be a bland, boring announcer. I don't know about Snow because I don't watch Heat, but Coach sucked on Raw.

When Snow and Coach are bad, they are bland and boring. But you can ignore them.

When JR and Lawler are bad, JR stutters nonsense while Lawler squeals like a special needs child who has learned that he's going to meet Elmo. When they are that bad, you can't ignore them.

So give me Coach and Snow.

Guest thrall585

Because it will destroy the brand extension. Duh! I know they should put Angle, Benoit, and Guerrero also on Raw. Then Raw will be even better! God damn.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I'm pretty sure Austin and Bischoff will be the ones doing commentary during this epic encounter.

Guest Polish_Rifle

It's funny hearing Tazz say that on SD they(the announcers) will just do their thing and let the wrestlers shine (or something to that effect).

I was listening to parts of last week's Byte This a few minutes ago and Dr. Tom puts Cole and Tazz over for calling the matches and educating the fans about certain moves. Tazz goes over the importance of distinguishing the various different types of styles (i.e. Cena has a straight up American style) to the fans...It's really worth listening to if you have a few minutes at work or home.

I say have Michael Cole shock the world and leave Smackdown for Raw. I've been impressed with Josh Matthews and Tazz on Velocity. They have a good chemistry together and could become a really good team. Matthews is more of a wrestling fan than Cole and I believe that in time he could be an excellent play by play man. Working with Tazz can only speed up that process.

So Smackdown goes to Josh Matthews and Tazz...

Bring back Kevin Kelly and put him and DDP on Velocity.

Raw goes to Michael Cole and Paul Heyman. If Heyman doesn't want to do color, put Eric Bischoff in there or try someone like Kevin Nash or how about Scott Hall?

Heat remains with Coach and Al Snow.

JR can do the serious backstage interviews/Confidential type pieces with stars of both Raw and Smackdown. He doesn't belong to either brand. He belongs to WWE.

Lawler could stay on as a Diva reporter or something...

When JR and Lawler are bad, JR stutters nonsense while Lawler squeals like a special needs child who has learned that he's going to meet Elmo. When they are that bad, you can't ignore them.

:lol: