TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stevie Franchise

ROH in Rodchester NY on the 25th of Oct.

Guest Stevie Franchise

I just spoke with the Ring of Honor offices, and ROH will have a show on Saturday, October 25th in Rochester. It has just become official minutes ago; we are the first to announce the show! The show will be announced later tonight on Ring of Honor's official website, ROHWrestling.com! The name for the show is being developed as we speak.

Ring of Honor Booker Gabe Sapolsky is excited that ROH is coming to Rochester. "We have been trying to get into that market for some time now and we are really happy to be up there. We know that there are lots of great fans up there that are hungry for the hard-hitting, high-flying, athletic action that Ring of Honor will offer. You will see things you've never seen live and top talent when Ring of Honor finally hits Rochester on October 25th," Gabe said.

*All of your favorite ROH stars will be here, including reigning ROH champion Samoa Joe plus locals HC Loc, and 'The Ring Crew Express' (Kevin) Dunn & (Mean) Marcos!

Make sure to listen to The Pain Clinic for all the details on the show.

Tickets will be available shortly via RFVideo.com and Ticketmaster.com.

The show will have a 7:30 PM bell time.

The venue will be announced within the next day or two; it will be a country club west of the city of Rochester. We will post the venue information along with directions and more shortly.

Also, we will be giving away ROH items as trivia prizes on upcoming Pain Clinic shows, possibly including autographed items and/or tickets to the show! Make sure to check out RFVideo.com for all of the great ROH merchandise!

Holy fucking shit. I just started going to RIT, Rochester Institute of Technology, and I never thought I would be able to see good indy wrestling up here. :headbang: ROH Here I come!!!!

From the ROH site:

Ring Of Honor will head into Spencerport, NY at the Salmon Creek Country Club on October 25th with a huge event. VIP seats are on sale at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404. Tickets will go on sale shortly at Ticketmaster. For directions to the building check out SalmonCreekCC.com.

Already signed for this event: ROH world champion Samoa Joe, Steve Corino, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Justin Credible, Loc, Devito, Special K, John Walters, Xavier, Homicide, Matt Stryker, Chris Sabin, Dan Maff, BJ Whitmer, the Texas Wrestling Academy with more to be added!!!

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

This should be a fantastic show. ROH usually loads up the card bigtime for new venues, and this shouldn't be any different.

I'm gonna have to drive from Buffalo (it's not far)

But I wish they'd just come here and save me the trouble.

Word is they can't find a venue here that suits their needs...but I can think of a few of varying size...and renting buildings in Buffalo has to be a hell of a lot cheaper than doing so in Boston...so I don't know where they are looking.

Guest netslob
you go to RIT, huh?  poor bastard...

??? Why do you say this? :huh:

you kidding? this town and everyone in it sucks.

Well yeah I agree that Rochester, NY isn't that great, but the school RIT I find is awesome, im getting a great education here, making a lot of friends, and although its a tech school, so there arent as many girls as guys, there are still enough. i dont know, i personally like RIT, but not rochester.

Well, I'm definitely going. I wish Togo was still working for them (:wub:), but that's just a minor quibble. They've got such a great talent pool. I'd be a fool to miss this. It's only about an hour and 15 minutes drive from Buffalo.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
you go to RIT, huh?  poor bastard...

??? Why do you say this? :huh:

you kidding? this town and everyone in it sucks.

... Yep. *slowly nods*. Especially every kid in the Webster school district. Thank god I'll never have to deal with them again =P

I live in Rochester as well (a freshman at FLCC)... and if luck goes my way, this will be the first wrestling show I've seen live. Just from all the praise of ROH on this board, I so want to go already.

Holy Shit this is awesome. I live in Scottsville, so this is not a far drive. I wasn't aware so many smarks lived within this area, that's a plus. Dany Williams... so you're a freshmen at FLCC? Have any classes with a kid in a wheel chair named Charlie Manaseri? That two wheeled terror used to wheel the halls of my high school, so keep a look out.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Holy Shit this is awesome. I live in Scottsville, so this is not a far drive. I wasn't aware so many smarks lived within this area, that's a plus. Dany Williams... so you're a freshmen at FLCC? Have any classes with a kid in a wheel chair named Charlie Manaseri? That two wheeled terror used to wheel the halls of my high school, so keep a look out.

.... .... No classes with him, but I think I've seen him in the hallway. Almost too many times. When we both ended up walking by an atm machine, he asked me to tell him what the screen said because he wasn't high up enough to read it. I told him the machine was out of order, and that was that. I don't know what to make of that kid.

Well, my dad got two 2nd row tickets out of my x-mas money and he's tagging along so he doesn't have to drive back and forth twice =P

ROH will debut in Western, NY on 10/25 when it invades the Salmon Creek Country Club in Spencerport, NY with a huge event. VIP seats on sale at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404. Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster outlets.

Samoa Joe will take on Homicide in a no holds barred match. This rivalry produced one of the most memorable, brutal matches of the year at "Do Or Die" on May 31st. Now Joe and Homicide will battle one more time to see who the better man is with no holds barred!!!

In a first time ever match, Steve Corino will face CM Punk. Corino appears to have some kind of issue with Punk, who booked Corino to wrestle Raven on 9/20. Punk attacked Raven after the match, only to be slapped by Corino. However, on 8/16 Punk was seen coming out of Corino's locker room. What is going on here? We'll find out on 10/25!!!

Low Ki and Teddy Hart have both just been signed to be at the Rochester area show on 10/25. Their opponents will be announced soon. Tickets on sale now.

Unfortunately Low Ki has been forced to cancel his appearance on the 10/25 Spencerport, NY show for Japan contractual commitments. However, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels will now lead The Prophecy in Wester New York. Why is Daniels coming to the Rochester area? We'll find out soon. VIP seats now on sale at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404. Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster outlets.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
ROH will debut in Western, NY on 10/25 when it invades the Salmon Creek Country Club in Spencerport, NY with a huge event. VIP seats on sale at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404. Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster outlets.

In a first time ever match, Steve Corino will face CM Punk. Corino appears to have some kind of issue with Punk, who booked Corino to wrestle Raven on 9/20. Punk attacked Raven after the match, only to be slapped by Corino. However, on 8/16 Punk was seen coming out of Corino's locker room. What is going on here? We'll find out on 10/25!!!

Teddy Hart has just been signed to be at the Rochester area show on 10/25. His opponent will be announced soon. Tickets on sale now.

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels will now lead The Prophecy in Wester New York. Why is Daniels coming to the Rochester area?

:D :D :D

Can't wait now. Nope.

Guest TDinDC1112

I'll be in the 2nd row, but I think this will probably be the only time they'll be here. ROH made it pretty clear on their site that if this show doesn't draw well, then they won't be back. I think it's a given they won't draw at all. If it was in Buffalo, I'd say they'd draw a ton. People aren't going to drive the 75 minutes to the show (although I am). I can't imagine that they couldn't find a building here (Buffalo). There's a ton. There's a reason why ECW made Buffalo a PPV and TV stop and would draw over 3,000 people, and it made Rochester just a house show stop the night before.

Not only that but it cuts out the entire point of holding a show in Western New York.

People from Soutern Ontario can get to downtown Buffalo in no time...they won't drive all the way to Rochester though...and that cuts out a big part of the "Starving wrestling fanbase"

Three new matches have just been signed for the 10/25 Rochester area show. We urge everyone from Syracuse to Buffalo to Toronto to check this one out because ROH won't be back up in that area until after winter. In addition to the two big matches already signed, you'll see a first time ever match as Christopher Daniels takes on John Walters. Plus, there will be two Field Of Honor matches. You'll see Chris Sabin vs. Xavier and Dan Maff vs. BJ Whitmer. More will be signed soon!!!