TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

The One and Only Smackdown! Thread

Guest Mulatto Heat
The WWE/F always allows the hold to stay on if the agressor can pull the guy off the ropes within a second or two.

I can't think of a time that has happened other than SS and tonight. Can you?

Guest Retro Rob
The WWE/F always allows the hold to stay on if the agressor can pull the guy off the ropes within a second or two.

It happens all the time. You mean to tell me that you never saw one guy pull someone else off of the ropes? How long have you been watching wrestling?

Guest Boo_Bradley

I only trying to explain it guys. Calm Down.

Its hard making logic out of Wrestling Shit.

Strangely enough, I was watching the entire Iron Man match on a mini-tv at my restaurant when I was working (well closing up anyway). The blatant stalling could've been cut down, and they should have done more amateur-style work instead of intense brawling. They could've told a much better story if they started with their amateur holds, then started the viscious brawling, and then tie in the finishing maneuvers toward the last twenty minutes. Overall a nice television match, but it wasn't anything of extreme importance, other than the fact that Brock wins clean, but Angle still looks strong.

***- at the most

Guest Boo_Bradley

SK will have to rewatch it, I'd expect his rant Friday afternoon

He watches certain stuff twice, so he doesn't allow his marking out to effect the all important *** ratings

Guest Mulatto Heat

It happens all the time. You mean to tell me that you never saw one guy pull someone else off of the ropes? How long have you been watching wrestling?

11 years, thank you.

And if it's so easy you should be able to rattle off some matches where it happened. :P

Guest Dmann2000
Mania was **** even, MAYBE **** 1/4 if you don't count the ending.

Summerslam...I'd have to watch again because I was fliriting with a bunch of girls and wasn't paying attention. Finish was retarted, but seemed around ***1/4.

This was one was ***1/2, and I doubt I'll change that.

Boy when you hate a ***1/2...I'd hate to see what happens when you're forced to watch a **

And is that ***1/2 on the TV scale?

Guest Boo_Bradley

Random Fact: The modern JR uses "Hoss" and "Bah Gawd" too much...

The UWF JR overused "confrontation"

That is all...

Mania was **** even, MAYBE **** 1/4 if you don't count the ending.

Summerslam...I'd have to watch again because I was fliriting with a bunch of girls and wasn't paying attention. Finish was retarted, but seemed around ***1/4.

This was one was ***1/2, and I doubt I'll change that.

Boy when you hate a ***1/2...I'd hate to see what happens when you're forced to watch a **

And is that ***1/2 on the TV scale?

I don't hate ***1/2, but when you already have that prejudice comparasion like we all do for Brock/Angle, you are bound to be dissapointed.

***1/2 is on a regular scale. I don't go by TV scales. If the match is ***** whether it's on no TV or in front of 80,000 people...i'ts *****.

That doesn't make it MOTYC, but that's a whole other thread.

Guest Retro Rob

Unfortunately I'm the wrong guy to ask when it comes to naming any spot from any matches. I don't recall any specifics about matches unless I have seen them numerous times or they just happened a week or two ago. I'm sure there is someone on here who retains shit like that and will be able to rattle off a handful of them for you.

Guest Dmann2000

Yes, I understand disappointment, but I bet in a weeks time you'll say, "hey that match was pretty neat"

Guest Dmann2000

You do realize Vince did take a chance with broadcasting a 1-hr match on network TV right...

He should take more chances, judging by criticism here I guess the match was a "noble failure".

Guest Boo_Bradley

Can anyone name a 300 lb wrestler who went broadway in the past?

*Runs to KM.com*

Yes, I understand disappointment, but I bet in a weeks time you'll say, "hey that match was pretty neat"

I'd rather sit and watch their Summerslam match again then their Smackdown match.

And of course I'm going to like it better...20 minute of commercials will be cut off.

Guest Dmann2000

Anyone think a problem might have been in them placing "15 second rest periods"? These weren't in the other 2 matches

Guest Retro Rob
You do realize Vince did take a chance with broadcasting a 1-hr match on network TV right...

He should take more chances, judging by criticism here I guess the match was a "noble failure".

The match was worth putting on as a TV main event because any time a major title changes hands (not to mention, two in one show) odds are it will remind viewers that anything could happen in WWE.

As for the quality, Jericho-HBK from Raw was around the same level as this and it drew the highest rating of the night. So, what does it matter how the good the match was to most casual viewers? Just wait for the rating tomorrow. Then we will see if this was a failure or success.

Anyone think a problem might have been in them placing "15 second rest periods"?  These weren't in the other 2 matches

No, that's fine in my opinion. They probably opted to do so after using them in Ultimate Submission matches, which run 30 minutes.

Just wait for the rating tomorrow. Then we will see if this was a failure or success.

The weather might be a factor in determining the rating, though...

Guest Dmann2000

So...you'd prefer to watch a ***1/4 match moreso than a ***1/2 match?

I guess the logic there is, "sure Antonioni's L'Aventura is better, but I'll take X-men over it anyday"

I guess the logic there is, "sure Antonioni's L'Aventura is better, but I'll take X-men over it anyday"

I prefer to watch a 20-30 minute match then a 45 minute match with a bunch of stalling and Lesnar doing the same thing over and over again.

Guest Boo_Bradley

*Wishes certain posters had to endure the days when the best match on weekly Free TV involved Iron Mike Sharpe

Guest Dmann2000

I prefer to watch a 20-30 minute match then a 45 minute match with a bunch of stalling and Lesnar doing the same thing over and over again.

Ah so the Ironman match IS like an Antonioni film :D

Guest Retro Rob
Just wait for the rating tomorrow. Then we will see if this was a failure or success.

The weather might be a factor in determining the rating, though...

They usually take that stuff into consideration. Either way, I'm not sure any major markets were hit with outages.